Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Done....
14-06-2018
After an application is approved, and before a PPR is released, approved application are queued and the PPR is sent in batches. After an application is approved, it may take up to 1-2 weeks before the PPR request comes in.

If your GCMS notes say approved, then it is approved, including security.
Now everyone is relieved
Thanks @legalfalcon for your prompt response! Much appreciated!

NareshC

Oct 23, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Done....
14-06-2018
After an application is approved, and before a PPR is released, approved application are queued and the PPR is sent in batches. After an application is approved, it may take up to 1-2 weeks before the PPR request comes in.

If your GCMS notes say approved, then it is approved, including security.
Btw i am waiting for more than 45 days post approval. There r many applicants waiting for ppr like me from Sydney CIO. Any thoughts on this @legalfalcon ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Reactions: Nishika22

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Btw i am waiting for more than 45 days post approval. There r many applicants waiting for ppr like me from Sydney CIO. Any thoughts on this @legalfalcon ?
Its just being queued for release. If your GCMS notes say that is its final approved, then you can be certain that your application has been approved. However, if your got a confirmation from a call agent that your application is approved, then it may be waiting for a final approval by an officer.

After all approvals come in, an officer has to make a final review and initiate the PPR process, when it is queued, and there will be a separate note for this in you GCMS.

shishirkona

Jul 20, 2018
Its just being queued for release. If your GCMS notes say that is its final approved, then you can be certain that your application has been approved. However, if your got a confirmation from a call agent that your application is approved, then it may be waiting for a final approval by an officer.

After all approvals come in, an officer has to make a final review and initiate the PPR process, when it is queued, and there will be a separate note for this in you GCMS.
This is reassuring! Thanks - and I am feeling good that I have ordered notes.

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017

Exactly. This is what I was talking about few days back. It is awaiting final approval I think so.

phd208

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Brazil
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
09-07-2018
AOR Received.
18-06-2018
May I ask everyone - what do you plan on doing if you reach January 2019 and no PPR? We are yet to buy plane tickets, give up our lease, quit our jobs and so forth. We originally planned to leave in April 2019, but we want to get started on some of the important things long before we leave. We are considering moving the date we move to Canada if we have not heard anything by January 2019. What are you guys planning to do?
Me and my wife had originally planned on applying to an University program of our choice scheduled to commence by August 2019, when we'd move to Canada, whatever happens with our Express Entry application. Worst case scenario (a rejection from CIC) we would still move, attend to the course and apply again to CIC later as an inland.

Reactions: Ronja5200

Jaskiran Kapoor

May 2, 2018

Thanks @legalfalcon . Hope if Ralph emails that file is approved, then also it is approved and only PPR email is pending. Right ?

Reactions: pooja jaiswal

shishirkona

Jul 20, 2018

Can they issue ADR during the final approval/ officer review stage?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
What's up folks? What's happening here? We were at 750 page mark when many of us moved to IP2 / Ghost update etc. And 200 pages later we are still at that stage. Damn!
On my end Montreal seems to be ignoring me. It followed the trend with many people but skipped my AOR and moved to AORs after me for PPRs.

Reactions: kanu

luigi20

May 14, 2018
I got to speak to a helpful agent - she confirmed file is in Sydney - and eligibility, criminality and security are all completed. She also confirmed PPR mail hasn’t been triggered. She said she’s going to send a message (not sure what this means) to let them know 6 months has passed. However, she isn’t sure when I will get a response and also said that they might ask for additional things if they need or send the PPR after receiving the message:( I’m in limbo - not sure what timeline if any to anticipate.
I got the same reply when I called yesterday. I think there is something going on in sydney office. It's the only office where I have seen holding approved cases for so long. We are very unlucky that ours applications ended up there. There is nothing we can do. I also raised a cse and all I received was a generic response. I do not understand why they give us the option of sending a cse after 6 months if they are not going to help at all

Last edited:
Reactions: DanFariasM

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
In the words of Sri Sri @Nishika22 Devi...

C'est la vie
Hehehe...usually there’s an ‘l’ at the end of the Devi for moi...but I’m glad to be elevated to a different stature :p And yeah, can’t think of a better expression that sums up the way forward, for all us waiting in limbo, than this chilled out yet philosophical comment on life :D

Reactions: Prashant86_2000