Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I know some people reported that call center agents told them about security still going on while file is already approved but have not seen any concrete source on this. We all know how much we can trust the agents and their interpretation.
Also, it doesn’t makes sense to me to approve the file while security is incomplete. God forbid if anyone’s security check result has concerns and person is inadmissible, are they going to revert the decision from approved to rejected?
Exactly.
We can't go by what the call centre agents say. Let those that have been told that their cases are approved but security checks is still on going order their GCMS notes.

Reactions: tanush14

NareshC

Oct 23, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Done....
14-06-2018
Exactly.
We can't go by what the call centre agents say. Let those that have been told that their cases are approved but security checks is still on going order their GCMS notes.
Actually we really don't know whether security is still going on or finished. call center agents just recite the summary "Final:Approved". I guess they are also not well aware of such situation; what is holding our approved files as they r reverting different responses.
@legalfalcon and other seniors please shed some light on this............

NareshC

Oct 23, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Done....
14-06-2018
Just called CIC. Standard response. still in sydney.
have been trying for an hour but no luck. did they said anything else like any expected date and where file will move?

pooja jaiswal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
have been trying for an hour but no luck. did they said anything else like any expected date and where file will move?
They will never give that kind of information. I had a friend who didn't receive the mail although it was triggered from their end, probably bounced or something so i was checking up on that but nope it's damn Sydney.

gubgub

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
A shame indeed! But I’m positive your files aren’t waiting for any further processes to be done - just that golden email to be triggered! The burden of waiting is feeling more and more like a situation of ‘Gollum and his PRECIOUS ring’ in the Lord of the Rings - making us angry, uncertain and full of fury by turns ;(
If only we could lay our hands on someone from the IRCC and lead them into Mordor.... :p

Reactions: Nishika22

shishirkona

Jul 20, 2018
I got to speak to a helpful agent - she confirmed file is in Sydney - and eligibility, criminality and security are all completed. She also confirmed PPR mail hasn’t been triggered. She said she’s going to send a message (not sure what this means) to let them know 6 months has passed. However, she isn’t sure when I will get a response and also said that they might ask for additional things if they need or send the PPR after receiving the message:( I’m in limbo - not sure what timeline if any to anticipate.

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
Have you guys noticed on immitracker that there are no Indian residents (not nationalities) who have received their PPR's in the last 2 weeks.
I did notice it. But Indian living in US is getting. So, I don't think the 'country-cap' theory is true. Although he is living in US, he is basically an Indian and that PPR will count as a PPR issued to India.

But something is fishy. May be Indian authorities are not responding to the 'Security' requests from CIC, since many of us are stuck at Security? We can never be sure.

Above theory has nothing to do with Approved applications being held though.

Jaskiran Kapoor

May 2, 2018
I got to speak to a helpful agent - she confirmed file is in Sydney - and eligibility, criminality and security are all completed. She also confirmed PPR mail hasn’t been triggered. She said she’s going to send a message (not sure what this means) to let them know 6 months has passed. However, she isn’t sure when I will get a response and also said that they might ask for additional things if they need or send the PPR after receiving the message:( I’m in limbo - not sure what timeline if any to anticipate.
Good sign is that agent will send a message!!! Keep high hopes. Hopefully we all will get PPR soon !!! May Sydney shower the PPR for all of us.

Reactions: shishirkona

shishirkona

Jul 20, 2018
May I ask everyone - what do you plan on doing if you reach January 2019 and no PPR? We are yet to buy plane tickets, give up our lease, quit our jobs and so forth. We originally planned to leave in April 2019, but we want to get started on some of the important things long before we leave. We are considering moving the date we move to Canada if we have not heard anything by January 2019. What are you guys planning to do?
I was planning to fly in December - now not even expecting to! My plans are on hold - will decide on next course after getting COPR (if and when I do get it).

Reactions: pooja jaiswal

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Actually we really don't know whether security is still going on or finished. call center agents just recite the summary "Final:Approved". I guess they are also not well aware of such situation; what is holding our approved files as they r reverting different responses.
@legalfalcon and other seniors please shed some light on this............
After an application is approved, and before a PPR is released, approved application are queued and the PPR is sent in batches. After an application is approved, it may take up to 1-2 weeks before the PPR request comes in.

If your GCMS notes say approved, then it is approved, including security.