+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
Someone on whatsapp:

My husbands coworker went to the border to try to get his work permit printed and the border agent told him that PR is taking longer because all the Syrian refugees from the USA fled to Quebec so they are using all their resources on that

Thoughts guys?

Reactions: bennylee

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
Got to know from a call centre agent that m ly case is approved in the 1st week of November... However just to be sure, I raised a web form enquiring about the application details.. got an reply saying that the application is still in progress.
Has anyone encountered similar situation before?
New rule from CIC:

6 months timeline does not start from R10. It starts when your application is APPROVED.

:D

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
I don’t see any reason for you to be in SS. Still if you are not sure, check Activity 1-5 in you notes. If you are/were in SS, you will see S.15 or S.16 in one of these activities.
This is incorrect. If the security related info is blank with S.15/S.16 it does not mean SS. It could also mean that your Security is going on. They blank out both security and Security screening related info. I have done enough research on this as I am worried that I might be in SS because of my extensive travel history.

Last edited:

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018

Experts..need your help to decode this.
I know that my file is approved on nov 6 and it is at sydney.My notes got generated on same day.
So , my 1st concern is..am i in security screening?
And do u see anything wierd in notes thats stopping PPR?
Your application is approved and rest all stuff on the GCMS notes does not matter.

Reactions: dineshroy1

NareshC

Oct 23, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Done....
14-06-2018
So they are purposefully holding our approved files. We need detectives to solve this mystery.... o_O

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
So they are purposefully holding our approved files. We need detectives to solve this mystery.... o_O
The ‘Generate PR email’ button on some applications is not working. They’re waiting till they’ve figured out a solution to this IT issue :p
But seriously, can’t imagine what you guys are going through! Must have looked forward to ending the year with a PPR in hand - fingers crossed you all get there soon :)

ura

Oct 29, 2018
7th June AOR
16th October IP2
19th October ghost update
No PPR email
Visa office: Nova Scotia
Looks like have to wait for long now..
Can we contact visa office directly?
My timeline was quite similar to yours and Visa Office was Nova Scotia. Hang in there. I hope everyone gets it this month.

padhu.krish

Jul 31, 2018
Hi Guys,

Looking forward for your input. My case is little different as I added my spouse after AOR since I got married after AOR. My timeline is as below:

25th April'18 - AOR
13th June'18 - Meds Passed
14th June'18 - IP1
17th June'18 - Got Married and registered
20th June'18 - Raised a Case specific request to CIC that I got married.
5th Aug'18 - Request for additional document for my spouse
9th Sept'18 - Submission of my documents
10th Sept'18 - Medical cleared of my spouse
2nd Oct'18 - IP2
30th Nov'18 - Ghost Update - No message to my CIC account but the application status was "Application/Profile Updated".

I am an Indian working in Singapore.

awaiting for the PPR. Any thoughts when can I expect the PPR.

Also, can you provide information on how you contacted CIC and learnt that your application was approved and which Visa Office is my application being processed.

Appreciate your thoughts here.

rdmindia

Nov 24, 2016
Hello Friends,
Many of you already got PPR. Best luck for your new journey.
I would like to know that did you receive any Verification call/mail at CIC stage. Anyone have faced this work experience verification at CIC stage ( IP1 or IP2).
Please share your experiences.

absad

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
Hello Friends,
Many of you already got PPR. Best luck for your new journey.
I would like to know that did you receive any Verification call/mail at CIC stage. Anyone have faced this work experience verification at CIC stage ( IP1 or IP2).
Please share your experiences.
I have not received any call or email till now. Did they call you? I mean how did you come to know about this?

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Hi Guys,

Looking forward for your input. My case is little different as I added my spouse after AOR since I got married after AOR. My timeline is as below:

25th April'18 - AOR
13th June'18 - Meds Passed
14th June'18 - IP1
17th June'18 - Got Married and registered
20th June'18 - Raised a Case specific request to CIC that I got married.
5th Aug'18 - Request for additional document for my spouse
9th Sept'18 - Submission of my documents
10th Sept'18 - Medical cleared of my spouse
2nd Oct'18 - IP2
30th Nov'18 - Ghost Update - No message to my CIC account but the application status was "Application/Profile Updated".

I am an Indian working in Singapore.

awaiting for the PPR. Any thoughts when can I expect the PPR.

Also, can you provide information on how you contacted CIC and learnt that your application was approved and which Visa Office is my application being processed.

Appreciate your thoughts here.
Frankly, I would say you are one lucky chap, you got your Ghost update, it literally means your file is approved and they just need to hit the Send Button. However, there are many approved files waiting here for that to happen. No one knows when, it could rain.

To call CIC dial +1 613-944-4000 using VOIP application or even a phone is fine. It may take multiple tries and long wait times.

If you just wish to know the visa office and not the status of approval, you can take the case specific inquiry route. Just put that question nothing else. They respond in 10-15 days.

If you want more detailed information and are a little more patient, order gcms notes through https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html (if you have someone trustworthy in Canada to handle your personal info well) OR using GCMSBUDDY OR GETGCMS

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Your application is approved and rest all stuff on the GCMS notes does not matter.
I agree, the application looks approved and the security is in progress. I have seen few cases recently where security was taken after approval.

Nothing to worry here....you look all set

expressca

Jun 22, 2018
I agree, the application looks approved and the security is in progress. I have seen few cases recently where security was taken after approval.

Nothing to worry here....you look all set
Exactly. Even if your applications is approved, they seem to continue doing security checks as reported by other people who called CIC agents. So I don't think it is merely sitting there and rubbing dust.