10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
Ah, how nice of you to hang out, keep us company and help out :D That's really cool of you! Hope you GF gets her PPR soon!!

I know, this thread is just lovely. Feels very positive and supportive :D Yup, I'm pretty sure I know what company you are talking about ;) Well, actually, I'm in a similar situation as you. It's my boyfriend's PPR I'm waiting for. I'm actually a Canadian citizen already :)
As Jaimie said in GoT - The things we do for love!! ;)

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Ok since IRCC is not on their Monday beast mode yet ... change of topic. Small survey for everyone.

Who is your favorite character in GOT and Why? Choose only one.
I have two favourites.
Aria Stark and Tyrion Lannister.
You know why..

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
In my opinion the stat of 80% completion in 6 months is mostly a lie or a statistics of convenience. I know a thing or two about twisting data to tell the story you want to tell and that is exactly IRCC does (I'm almost sure) and I will give a few examples how that can be done.

Also, the data on myimmitracker may not be an accurate depiction of progress but I think it is not way off either. There are two monthly draws of 3900 each. Let's assume same number of applications submissions in one month so ~7800 application submissions in a month. As per immitracker we have ~450 cases for a month that is almost 6% of entire population for a month. That is a very good sample. No one actually goes and surveys 6% of a population in real world. Now there may be questions if this sample is representative and blah blah but I think it is pretty good. And that is the reason I just focus on %age completion because that stat I believe is very close to actual completion.

Now, let's come back to 80% or 93% what IRCC is claiming ... They can tell their story by (Pure speculation do not start a war on this)

1. Removing all cases which have a review required. If you notice IRCC says we give a decision on completed application. Anything review required I think is excluded from the calculation. So if the decision comes on a review required within 6 months it may be included else excluded.
2. They had a buffer of 2 weeks because of R10 check .. for this year they have increased the buffer to 1 month after September (a clear indicator of how much they have fallen behind)
3. They include completed cases from later months for calculations but won't include the incomplete cases. For example let's say they wanted to show numbers at the end of November. If you see immitracker almost 20% cases of August have been completed. All these will become part of teh calculation but remaining 80% won't be considered because they have not even completed 6 months yet.

One more twisted way of improving their calculation is where they can claim decision on number of people vs number of applications. So let's say there is an application with 3 dependents and hence 4 people and there is an application with single applicant. They will approve the one with dependents and can claim 4/5 =80% completion vs 1/2=50% completion.

The thing with numbers is you can tell any story you want as long as people you are telling the story to don't have access to those numbers. That is exactly what happens here and hence I take that 80% number with a pinch of salt.

And you also take this post with a pinch of salt. It is pure speculation on my part.
Dude agreed with ya totally

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Ok since IRCC is not on their Monday beast mode yet ... change of topic. Small survey for everyone.

Who is your favorite character in GOT and Why? Choose only one.
I wish this doesn't start a storm here....

I have never watched GoT. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Ronja5200

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
That's okay.. It will start a bigger storm when I tell you it is way overrated .. It's a good show but not as good as people make it out to be ... :D:D:D Now let the storm begin.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O