+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
No, I live in Toronto, never been to Calgary. Thats why I was curious, beforehand I didn't even know they have a Calgary office to process, and I was worried on the off chance that there is something about my application that got it sent to Calgary. But based on what they said on face value, it looks like I was just over-analyzing, it sounds like it is in normal circulation within the "Domestic Network" of IRCC, as opposed to the "Centralized Network".
Same like me then, I am also based in Toronto and my application is being processed in Calgary too.. my AoR was in April’18.

Reactions: R.Tequila

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Do you have more information to support this reasoning? I have 100+ trips in last 10 years year- 3 pcc's and total 37 countries visited. I am in IP2 for 8 days now. I just hope I don't get into SS. my spouse has 60 odd trips , 3 pcc's and 19 countries visited.

Also I recently got the GCMS notes. Could not find any thing blanked out or S.15 or S.16. My eligibility is MeT for 3 months now. Thanks
I don’t have, I did check with a few applicants/forum members here on the forum who were SS with a few, they mentioned that they had extensive travel history as well. For most, SS lasted 10 months.

In your GCMS notes check what is the ACTIVITY 1-5 mentions...if you “do not” have ACTIVITY 1-3 or 4th with your UCI mentioned & without any info and the 4th or 5th ACTIVITY one mentions security then you are not in SS. If they are then most likely you maybe under SS

Another point I think is important to know that not all applicants with extensive travel history are pulled over to the SS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaywalker

Adesua

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kiev
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-06-2018
AOR Received.
03-06-2018
Guys.. Anyone who moved onto IP2 around 25th Oct, spoke to CIC and told that their application is Approved but no PPR email?
Yeah, I'm right here in the same boat.
IP2 25th Oct. Approval 26th Oct. No ppr mail so far

Reactions: mathansri

sageorge

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Hi there,

175 days from AOR June 1, 2018...

I am getting closer to the one year deadline from the medical exam, taken on February 4, 2018, so I would need to land in Canada before February 4, 2019, and I am still in IP1. The medical was taken that early because between February and June 2018 I applied and got rejected for a missing translation of a transcript, that's why I applied a second time with AOR in June.

Anyway, my question is about instructions for passport submission in order not to lose time when/if the PRR email arrives.

I am an Italian citizen, resident in Paraguay.

I don't know if they are going to ask me to send the passport to the Canadian Embassy in Rome or the one in Buenos Aires (there's no embassy in paraguay). I contacted both embassies in Rome and Buenos Aires but they don't know about my application, they both said everything is still handled in Canada.

I contacted people at https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/argentina/ about guidelines for submission but they said they do not handle passport submission for permanent residents, only for other visas.

Does anybody have clear guidelines for submission? If it should be done with DHL, Fedex, etc... or where else.

Also, do you think going in person to give the passport at the embassy and explaining the short time left for landing in Canada will help avoid losing weeks of precious time of delivery to the embassy and back to me?

Thanks in advance... and fingers crossed for all...
Hello there,

It is my opinion that you raise a CSE and inquire if you have to/can retake your medical test. You will have to explain why you are concerned about the potential delay an expired medical report would cause. You also have the option of emailing Ottawa office and asking this. If they reply positively, you are good to go take another medical which will give you sufficient time to plan your landing.

You will then find yourself in a place where you are not cramped without options.

Good Luck.

Reactions: ItalyExpressEntry

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
I don’t have, I did check with a few applicants/forum members here on the forum who were SS with a few, they mentioned that they had extensive travel history as well. For most, SS lasted 10 months.

In your GCMS notes check what is the ACTIVITY 1-5 mentions...if you “do not” have ACTIVITY 1-3 or 4th with your UCI mentioned & without any info and the 4th or 5th ACTIVITY one mentions security then you are not in SS. If they are then most likely you maybe under SS

Another point I think is important to know that not all applicants with extensive travel history are pulled over to the SS.
Thanks for your detailed reply- appreciate it!

In the admissibility section the security is showing as not started for both my spouse and myself. Activity 1-3 has biographic for my daughter and 4 says medical for my daughter and 5 is biometric for my daughter. I added my daughter 2 months back when I was in IP1.

R.Tequila

Nov 15, 2018
Same like me then, I am also based in Toronto and my application is being processed in Calgary too.. my AoR was in April’18.
Ohh ok. Your previous thread said you had 70+ trips last 10 years no? I only had ONE trip back to my home country for two weeks since I came to Canada in 2012. So I absolutely have no idea what they are checking for four months in "security checks".:(

B. B.

Sep 11, 2018

Could you tell me under which category i can find activity 1-3, as under security we have only 1 with details

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Ohh ok. Your previous thread said you had 70+ trips last 10 years no? I only had ONE trip back to my home country for two weeks since I came to Canada in 2012. So I absolutely have no idea what they are checking for four months in "security checks".:(
I know another forum member he is the principal applicant unfortunately his wife is under SS.
Their application is being processed Calgary CIC :(

Reactions: R.Tequila

R.Tequila

Nov 15, 2018
I know another forum member he is the principal applicant unfortunately his wife is under SS.
Their application is being processed Calgary CIC :(
Well sounds like both oil and PR applications get stuck in Calgary! In all seriousness, I'm a single applicant that did my undergrad degree here in Canada, so I'm almost as "clean" as it gets. Really hope I'm not in SS!

lbsrmath

Oct 15, 2018
I am absolutely elated to announce that recvd ppr email from new delhi.
I hv been silent here, and hardly may hv posted a couple of questions, but i hv to say that you all hv been very kind.
so thanks a bunch for all the support and advice. all the best to all ip2 15/16 oct applicants and others as well who hv been waiting long. hope wish and pray that u get ur ppr email at the earliest, its one hell of a happy moment.

primary vo is ndvo
secondary cio
aor 27 june 2018
med 12 july
ip1 13 july
ip2 13 nov
ppr 19 nov

sorry about the delay in informing, i was away/travelling.

I just wish to know how long does it take for passport to be stamped once it has been submiitted to new delhi through VFS?

Thanks again

thebohemian2001

Apr 11, 2018
I am absolutely elated to announce that recvd ppr email from new delhi.
I hv been silent here, and hardly may hv posted a couple of questions, but i hv to say that you all hv been very kind.
so thanks a bunch for all the support and advice. all the best to all ip2 15/16 oct applicants and others as well who hv been waiting long. hope wish and pray that u get ur ppr email at the earliest, its one hell of a happy moment.

primary vo is ndvo
secondary cio
aor 27 june 2018
med 12 july
ip1 13 july
ip2 13 nov
ppr 19 nov

sorry about the delay in informing, i was away/travelling.

I just wish to know how long does it take for passport to be stamped once it has been submiitted to new delhi through VFS?

Thanks again
Congratulations! Usually takes 9-10 days (mine took 9)

Reactions: lbsrmath