+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
I don't think it provides a lot of insight but for what its worth just sharing status I received in my GCMS notes. I know it was too early to order my notes but the reason I did it was I wanted to know about my visa office.

AOR: 26th June.
FSW-O.
Nationality: Pakistan.
Resident: UAE.
Single Applicant.

GCMS notes as of 30th July.
VO: London.
Eligibility, Security, Criminality: Not Started:
Medical Passed.
Info Sharing: Complete.

Anything else I should look for in the GCMS notes that can provide any meaningful insight?
Your AOR and GCMS order date largely match mine. I also didn't have any interesting in my notes, except that Criminality had been started (but no notes on it were written yet).

zedell

Apr 20, 2016
last couple pages, notes 1 to note 5 somewhere in between. those are the important 'notes' in gcms. everything else is unimportant
Ok so the only thing that stands out is

In the notes of the case processing agent:

Starts with:
MI3 SUMMARY NOTES: OFFICER REVIEW REQUIRED: SETTLEMENT FUNDS A11.2: REVIEW REQUIRED - FUNDS R:75 FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - APPEARS MET R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS : APPEARS MET R76 : SELECTION CRITERIA - FUNDS : REVIEW REQUIRED. FSW POINTS TOTAL: 71

at the end of the case processing notes it says:
SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Review Required Family of 1 requires $12475.

Anything to worry about? My bank balance was CAD 17500 which was supported by a gift deed. Should I write to the LVO office and explain anything?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Ok so the only thing that stands out is

In the notes of the case processing agent:

Starts with:
MI3 SUMMARY NOTES: OFFICER REVIEW REQUIRED: SETTLEMENT FUNDS A11.2: REVIEW REQUIRED - FUNDS R:75 FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - APPEARS MET R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS : APPEARS MET R76 : SELECTION CRITERIA - FUNDS : REVIEW REQUIRED. FSW POINTS TOTAL: 71

at the end of the case processing notes it says:
SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Review Required Family of 1 requires $12475.

Anything to worry about? My bank balance was CAD 17500 which was supported by a gift deed. Should I write to the LVO office and explain anything?
ah ok, you are in the infamous 'review required' queue. no wonder progress is slow. you can upload a letter of explaination through CSE webform about the giftdeed.

zedell

Apr 20, 2016
ah ok, you are in the infamous 'review required' queue. no wonder progress is slow. you can upload a letter of explaination through CSE webform about the giftdeed.
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the review required queue? My LoE attached with the application already explains the gift deed.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
I received my Confirmation of Permanent Residence Interview email just now. Why is there an interview for me?:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Congratulations!!! ;)

It's just a new procedure they started doing in recent months. It's more like a 5min. interview where they will ask you some basic questions (e.g. change in marital status, bringing dependents, ever convicted, etc.) and you will walk out as a PR. I think the primary reason for doing this is so people stop flagpoling at the border to activate their PR status.

What date is your interview?

EECEC

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Congratulations!!! ;)

It's just a new procedure they started doing in recent months. It's more like a 5min. interview where they will ask you some basic questions (e.g. change in marital status, bringing dependents, ever convicted, etc.) and you will walk out as a PR. I think the primary reason for doing this is so people stop flagpoling at the border to activate their PR status.

What date is your interview?
Thank you! That sounds normal then. At first I was a bit worried to see that email :)

It will be on September 18. Hopefully that will go well. I am glad I won't need to go to the border though!

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Thank you! That sounds normal then. At first I was a bit worried to see that email :)

It will be on September 18. Hopefully that will go well. I am glad I won't need to go to the border though!
Wow that's quite a while away from now, which office is it? I saw someone on the forum getting their interview planned just a few days later, so I thought it'd be common for them to plan the interview ASAP.

EECEC

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Wow that's quite a while away from now, which office is it? I saw someone on the forum getting their interview planned just a few days later, so I thought it'd be common for them to plan the interview ASAP.
Sorry- I just checked again and the date is actually 13th Sept. in Calgary. :) So less than 2 weeks from now!