+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

EECEC

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Yes, it is the same as temporary appointment! Is that something people mention? I changed things a bit and wrote:

"This is to certify that XYZ was part of my research team as a full-time Research Technician from 5th May, 2017 up to 6th October, 2017." Is that sufficient?

Or should I say, "

"This is to certify that XYZ was part of my research team as a temporary, full-time Research Technician from 5th May, 2017 up to 6th October, 2017."
I don't think you need to add the word "temporary". For mine, my employer wrote "this is to confirm the employment of xxx at xxx. She was employed full-time in the position of xxx. She worked 37.5 hours per week, wage was xxx". And my letter was accepted and approved.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
I was about to order new GCMS, when I logged in to my GC Account to find my Application number.

I just received my Ghost update :eek::eek::eek: - "Application/profile updated", but when I check all details are still exactly the same, and there's no new messages.

I had already paid for my notes (through getGCMS) so I'm going to order them anyhow - guess it will be fun reading their comments on my application either way.

Last edited:

INTamir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
I was about to order new GCMS, when I logged in to my GC Account to find my Application number.

I just received my Ghost update :eek::eek::eek: - "Application/profile updated", but when I check all details are still exactly the same, and there's no new messages.

I had already paid for my notes (through getGCMS) so I'm going to order them anyhow - guess it will be fun reading their comments on my application either way.
There you go. Back from vacation and got a ghost update already ;)
Hope it ends up to a PPR email.

rdimmi

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Can they actually just reject the application without asking for any explanations? I am about to hit 90 days post AOR and there has been no movement since almost two months now. I have ordered the GCMS notes but still waiting to receive them. Reading some posts is making me anxious!! Hopefully if they find something which is "not clear" according to them, they'll at least ask for some explanation or further documents and just not outright reject the application!! Is that correct?

EECEC

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Can they actually just reject the application without asking for any explanations? I am about to hit 90 days post AOR and there has been no movement since almost two months now. I have ordered the GCMS notes but still waiting to receive them. Reading some posts is making me anxious!! Hopefully if they find something which is "not clear" according to them, they'll at least ask for some explanation or further documents and just not outright reject the application!! Is that correct?
I looked this up before and I believe that they cannot just refuse you unless of missing documents.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
I looked this up before and I believe that they cannot just refuse you unless of missing documents.
Are you sure? I've seen some correspondence where they notify that they rejected an application, but do not give any opportunity for explanations. I think it only happens though if the evidence is clear e.g. bank letter statement shows funds below the threshold, some cases of misrepresentation, work experience is invalid, etc.

EECEC

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Are you sure? I've seen some correspondence where they notify that they rejected an application, but do not give any opportunity for explanations. I think it only happens though if the evidence is clear e.g. bank letter statement shows funds below the threshold, some cases of misrepresentation, work experience is invalid, etc.
This is what I found before:
Procedural fairness
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.

Decision-makers are required to follow the rules of procedural fairness throughout the decision-making process.

Procedural fairness requires that applicants:

• be provided with a fair and unbiased assessment of their application
  • be informed of the decision-maker’s concerns and
  • have a meaningful opportunity to provide a response to concerns about their application
The requirement for procedural fairness applies to all types of immigration and citizenship applications and all aspects of decision-making.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/procedural-fairness.html

Reactions: rdimmi

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks, Cansha. You are always so nice to keep me hopeful!! I hope you will get your PPR soon!
Thanks for your wishes. In my case my application is in Montreal and based on the data and evidence we have available I think it would be miracle is I see PPR before October.

EECEC

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
I just got off the phone with an IRCC agent and seems like I should be expecting my golden email soon!

I asked him about my ghost update that I received on Monday morning. He looked and confirmed that I received that email because "everything was cleared." According to him, my eligibility, criminality, medical and security had all been cleared on that day.

He advised me to wait for the PPR request, which has yet been sent out but should be sent out soon. If what he said was true, my application was processed really fast in less than 2 months.