Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Hey guys, I am in IP1 since July 12 and my account states that they do not require additional documents and, apparently, have not begun background checks yet. Technically, what will they do this point forward? Check police records, check if some visits raise flags, check employment records, proof of funds (?)..please share your expertise.
Same with me, except that I moved to IP1 on June 28th.

Option Paralysis

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Ok, as there where no updates on cic profile I decided to call them and check application status, wait was around 20 minutes which wasn't bad at all, lady was pleasant and cheerful, she checked application status while putting me on the hold, as I was calling on behalf of my hubby she said, application is taking it's course and going smoothly and we have to wait for decision, she said that there is no red flags or any concerns. She said rest assure everything is fine, whatever that means. ;););)I tried to inquire in which stage we are in she said that because I'm dependent she can't disclose information, so therefore he would have to contact them, to see in more depth.:oops:She said we just have to wait for decision, I told her that decision can take up to 6 months, but i told her that perhaps inland applications are processed faster, which she said generally they are but she cant confirm it:Danyway I guess its good news its going smoothly:cool:
Saw your post and decided to call too. They said everything's going smoothly, and I should hear from them about the transfer to my LVO soon. :D

Option Paralysis

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Transfer to LVO? or PPR? :D
That's what I was thinking. She told me they'd be in touch about the LVO, but as far as I'm aware they don't actually contact you about that. Once it goes to the LVO after the first eligibility check (which is done according to her), the next contact they make is to issue the PPR, right? I'll try not to overthink it, but so far, so good. It could be a while still, so I'll try my best to just relax and get on with life. :D

Reactions: Donna01988

linda85

Jun 20, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-06-2018
Doc's Request.
23-06-2018
AOR Received.
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
21-06-2018
That's what I was thinking. She told me they'd be in touch about the LVO, but as far as I'm aware they don't actually contact you about that. Once it goes to the LVO after the first eligibility check (which is done according to her), the next contact they make is to issue the PPR, right? I'll try not to overthink it, but so far, so good. It could be a while still, so I'll try my best to just relax and get on with life. :D
I'm glad I inspired you to give them a call, it almost feels better that you know something about application, and human can give you these updates.
Anyway THOSE are great news, sounds to me that soon you will have PR:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: Option Paralysis

Canada_CEC0518

Jul 19, 2018
Hi Guys,

I am a CEC Inland applicant with AoR in May, and am currently in IP2 I believe. I am the primary applicant.

My work permit is about to expire but my spouse's work permit is valid for two more years.

I dont want to get SOWP using her work permit, since I need to do all the NOC and stuff for that and submit additional documents. So I want to apply for BOWP instead saving all that head ache.

But when I try to apply, there is a question which asks if 'I am the spouse of a person who holds a valid work permit' and if I answer 'Yes' it asks me to submit all my Wife's documents and takes me to the SOWP route and no BOWP questions appear at all.

If I answer 'No' to this question, then comes the BOWP questions.

Now if I were to choose between BoWP and SoWP i would choose BoWP since it is kinda straight forward with no additional documents needed.

Can I Choose to answer 'No' for the question which asks about spouse's work permit status and apply through BoWP?
Will this cause any complications? Is this considered misrepresentation?

@legalfalcon

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
That should ideally suffice (experts can confirm) if the relationship between third party and employer is clearly stated somewhere else can cause confusion. You can add explanatory note in additional info section. I had the same issue but added payslips or annual earning statement (P60 in UK) for the years covered to supplement the info. Better safe than sorry!
Thanks friend. Will wait for others confirmation too.

shuiguo

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Did you tick "no" to having a visa rejected/cancelled for your husband in the application? If that's the case, you definitely need to raise a CSE and let them know about the rejection.
I'm in the same situation (except it was a visa for USA. It was rejected around 10 years ago, and I've had 2 visas since then, with extensive travel.)

Should I raise a CSE?

Shruthy

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
Hi all

Hope all is well

I got my application updated today.

The BG status has changed to bg in progress. We will sent you a message...

While the medicals is you have passed your medicals
I was in my ip1 stage. But what stage I am in now then???

macaly7

Jan 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
Hi all

Hope all is well

I got my application updated today.

The BG status has changed to bg in progress. We will sent you a message...

While the medicals is you have passed your medicals
I was in my ip1 stage. But what stage I am in now then???
Usually BG 'in progress' is IP1 and 'we are processing' is IP2

Reactions: sharma_s8788