+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018
I ve been told that everything looks fine and approved except they are doing some security check on the side!
That raises a question itself on what the call center agent is telling us. Could that mean that they say its approved if everything is passed except for security in process. That is my best guess but who knows...
Till a formal communication is done with the applicant, I feel everyone is at the same stage considering people getting PPR even within 60 days. No one can guess who would get it first a MEP passed, IP1 or IP2 candidate.
But the whole scenario of uncertainty makes us more vulnerable to anxiety. :mad:

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
I ve been told that everything looks fine and approved except they are doing some security check on the side!
If it’s approved why are they doing security check? If that’s the case that means they are still working on your file.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
That raises a question itself on what the call center agent is telling us. Could that mean that they say its approved if everything is passed except for security in process. That is my best guess but who knows...
Till a formal communication is done with the applicant, I feel everyone is at the same stage considering people getting PPR even within 60 days. No one can guess who would get it first a MEP passed, IP1 or IP2 candidate.
But the whole scenario of uncertainty makes us more vulnerable to anxiety. :mad:
Now I'm thinking you may have a point. Can the approved status mean that eligibility, criminality is passed but the security is still in process?
While for those thay aren't approved yet, their eligibility & Criminality may be passed but security hasn't been initiated (hence the background check in process status)

Reactions: richa1987

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018
Now I'm thinking you may have a point. Can the approved status mean that eligibility, criminality is passed but the security is still in process?
While for those thay aren't approved yet, their eligibility & Criminality may be passed but security hasn't been initiated (hence the background check in process status)
Precisely this is what my feeling is @tobs ... But the ???'s still remain even after a well thought intelligent interpretation.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
We don't talk about it since we are June guys but numbers for July folks are no better. They are a little bit worse than June guys. But it is very obvious that the massive delays started from June onward.
True.
I say this all the time. I was so mad when someone on the Ottawa WhatsApp group I'm in was yapping about how July had it good and only June candidates were having it bad. I almost bit into him. Mind you as at that time (2 weeks ago), July AOR was just at 18% PPR.
We're all suffering in this wait. I just hope the wait ends soon for ALL of us.

Reactions: Ronja5200

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Nah I don't think that is the case. If you look at your GCMS notes on the second page there is a summary status. There is a heading for "Final:" which I think corresponds to the final decision. Most likely it shows "Approved" when an agent tells you it is approved.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Precisely this is what my feeling is @tobs ... But the ???'s still remain even after a well thought intelligent interpretation.
Yeah.
Because when you really think about it. Call agents and Ralph won't say "congratulations your file has been approved" if there's still a step in the process that hasn't been completed.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Nah I don't think that is the case. If you look at your GCMS notes on the second page there is a summary status. There is a heading for "Final:" which I think corresponds to the final decision. Most likely it shows "Approved" when an agent tells you it is approved.
True.
I'll really like to see an approved person's GCMS notes. It'll provide more data to further decode the Approval process.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
True.
I'll really like to see an approved person's GCMS notes. It'll provide more data to further decode the Approval process.
I think someone who had file in "approved" status did order GCMS notes in the hope it triggers the PPR email. Can't recall who did that but I think that didn't trigger a PPR email yet.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Every passing day makes us lose focus on work and in case of a negative decision one is bound to be screwed both ways... Have been holding on to it but needed to vent out the frustration with all of you guys who can best understand the feeling.
I totally understand.
My productivity at work was less than 40% yesterday. I spent a third of my time refreshing this forum.
I need this PPR to come so I can get back to being productive.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I think someone who had file in "approved" status did order GCMS notes in the hope it triggers the PPR email. Can't recall who did that but I think that didn't trigger a PPR email yet.
I think it was @CoolSandy. Hey Sandy, did you get your notes yet?