+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
Ok.. so I understand that generally applications from US and Canada are processed pretty quickly..
And for processing for Indians residing in India is slow and case specific.

In my case (FSW-O),its pretty straightforward as I have visited only one country- Thailand..so security check should not be a great issue.. all docs are pretty straightforward and as per guidelines..
Just letter of reference for employment was not given by employer..
List of docs I have provided instead of LOR..
1. System generated letter of proof of employment
2. Last 6 months pay stubs
3. Email for from manager providing all details needed in LOR
4. Signed LOR from team mate on A4 sheet and a copy of his Id card
5. Scan copy of my ID card and visiting card
6. Salary certificate
7. Job offer letter
8. Promotion letter

Just wondering how long application processing for Indians in India takes, and how muchof a delay can my letter of reference situation cause.. !
It's a long post.. I know.. bt really looking forward to your take on my situation..
In the immigration tracker one person from India already got PPR.

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
In the immigration tracker one person from India already got PPR.
True.. but I dont think we can draw any conclusion from that.. that may be an aberration..
If you check closely, applications from India are moving pretty slowly.. there are a lot more PPRs for other regions.. even progress to IP2 from IP1 is very slow.. I see currently, there just 3 applications from India on immiracker to have moved to IP2 in May and nothing after that..

So either, we are lousy in updating the status on immitracker, or processing for applications from India is very slow.. :(

kivcool

Jun 4, 2018
Ok.. so I understand that generally applications from US and Canada are processed pretty quickly..

In my case (FSW-O),its pretty straightforward as I have visited only one country- Thailand..so security check should not be a great issue.. all docs are pretty straightforward and as per guidelines..
6. Salary certificate
7. Job offer letter
8. Promotion letter

Have provided a detailed explanation in letter of explanation along with copy of email from HR confirming that no such letter would be provided on company letterhead..

Just wondering how long application processing for Indians in India takes, and how muchof a delay can my letter of reference situation cause.. !
It's a long post.. I know.. bt really looking forward to your take on my situation..
There is literally no hard and fast rule regarding this.. A friend of mine applied in Nov 2017 and got his PPR within 25 days.. he applied with his wife.. FSW-O candidate.. I was under the impression that it will be done within a month but once I started with my application and been through these posts I realised he was really lucky.. so I would say just keep doing what you have been doing..

By the way, I have a query.. for IP1, IP2 or even NAs when do we usually get an update? I mean what is the usual time we get an update.. for IP1 I had my account updated around 12 PM Canada time..

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
True.. but I dont think we can draw any conclusion from that.. that may be an aberration..
If you check closely, applications from India are moving pretty slowly.. there are a lot more PPRs for other regions.. even progress to IP2 from IP1 is very slow.. I see currently, there just 3 applications from India on immiracker to have moved to IP2 in May and nothing after that..

So either, we are lousy in updating the status on immitracker, or processing for applications from India is very slow.. :(
Yes I agree with you. Not sure if everyone is updating the tracker plus its true US and Canada applicants are moving quickly.
But still I would say every application is different and as far as I have read with IP1 and IP2 also we can’t predict what is going on with our applications.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Self declaration is not accepted. Instead he should get this letter singed by his colleague and notarise it. Attach collegues ID, all other employment proof and also the standard employnent letter from HR. If possible attach an email reply from HR that it is not company policy to issue letter in IRCC format. That will do. But self decration will not work!
My spouse has done that because the past organization was acquired. Exactly what I wrote above was privided with the information of the acquisition of the organization.

Here is another post which talks about incase you cannot get a LoR from your organisation https://www.canadim.com/reference-letter-canadian-immigration/

Next time before you comment check this around first

Last edited:

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018

6. Salary certificate
7. Job offer letter
8. Promotion letter

Have provided a detailed explanation in letter of explanation along with copy of email from HR confirming that no such letter would be provided on company letterhead..

For expats in Canada it not that fast. US I would agree that some do get the approvals lighting fast.

On an avg 4-6 months will be the processing time for FSW applicants in India

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
My spouse has done that because the past organization was acquired. Exactly what I wrote above was privided with the information of the acquisition of the organization.

Here is another poster who has done that before https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-purpose-and-the-format-of-a-Reference-Letter-to-apply-for-a-Canada-PR-after-getting-the-invitation

Next time before you comment check this around first
Not going to do a debate with you but you can check with legal falcon.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Not going to do a debate with you but you can check with legal falcon.
you are right, roles are responsibilities cannot be just written by the applicant. ive seen GCMS notes in cases like these CRS is recalculated to deduct the work exp points and if it goes below the CRS cutoff at ITA, they go into lengthy reviews and ultimately procedural fairness.

Reactions: ishq74

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018

If it gives you any consolation, as per IRCC official 2017 stats, 80% of applications are processed within 6 months.
So do not worry so much about nationality etc as every file is different. If you do a close analysis, there are certain local visa offices which are notoriously slow, for instance London.

linda85

Jun 20, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-06-2018
Doc's Request.
23-06-2018
AOR Received.
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
21-06-2018
Hey guys Happy Friday..Since applying for PR i find myself everyday checking cic website, just in case there is an update and then forum , i think I'm going crazy:p:D:D:D
Anyway, question what do they check in security check?I mean what do they check with CBSA?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Last edited:

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Hey guys Happy Friday..Since applying for PR i find myself everyday checking cic website, just in case there is an update and then forum , i think I'm going crazy:p:D:D:D
Anyway, question what do they check in security check?I mean what do they check with CBSA?
All the best- Hope all of you guys are in a WhatsApp group, just to spur you on ! Bonne chance.