Nov 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
16-11-2018
Hope its not too late...is there still space in the WhatsApp group...Id appreciate an add.
Need more distractions :)

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
if you worked in Indian MNC. then they do not provide all of those. what I did was.. I got my relieving letter, skill letter,, pay stubs . tax documents.. if its big MNC or company, they know you cannot screw up..
I am from a financial organization. I have the docs mentioned by you. Is it okey that I only have the Tax Documents for only 1 year for my previous employment? I have pay slips for each year (2 from each year).

DanFariasM

Jul 9, 2018
Venezuela
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO / Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
Passed MEP and moved to IP1 yesterday without any emails.

Got an email today saying there is an update but I dont see anything changed. Can I consider this a delayed email due to a system issue?
Yeah mine took like 12h. I saw the MEP on my profile in the morning and got the mail at night the same day.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Fun story:

I applied for my Dutch Police Clearance about 5 weeks ago. This morning at 1am I received an email stating that they would be shipping it out to the Canadian Embassy in Germany. Mind you, I specifically put in my request to ship it to my Canadian address, called them a week later to verify AND attached a document from the Canadian government stating that they should send it to me. I was on the phone at 4am (thank god I checked my email for no reason when I woke up in the middle of the night) and after spending 30mins. in the queue I got put through and had them correct their mistake just in-time.

AFAIK sending it to Germany would have resulted in the Police Clearance ending up lost, and my application getting delayed by 6 weeks to request a new one.

maplenow

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
H
Yes, you can. They are often delayed 24 hours :)
Hi @Ronja5200 , it's my first two weeks in Canada and I really miss Denmark due to the fact that it is so less bureaucratic and things work quite smoothly. Canada loves papers and good old signatures so much..forget things like NemID :)

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
H

Hi @Ronja5200 , it's my first two weeks in Canada and I really miss Denmark due to the fact that it is so less bureaucratic and things work quite smoothly. Canada loves papers and good old signatures so much..forget things like NemID :)
Really? I'm originally from the Netherlands and if anything found it a lot less bureaucratic when I moved here last year. The Dutch really do love the government-is-watching-you kind of thing.

maplenow

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Really? I'm originally from the Netherlands and if anything found it a lot less bureaucratic when I moved here last year. The Dutch really do love the government-is-watching-you kind of thing.
Yeah, I think so. I have only lived in Nepal, Finland or Denmark and now here in Canada. I think Nordics like it simple and easy :)

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Yeah, I think so. I have only lived in Nepal, Finland or Denmark and now here in Canada. I think Nordics like it simple and easy :)
One thing I was truly surprised by is how outdated payment methods are in Canada - in the places I've stayed so far rent was always collected by cheque, and my utility bills likewise have to be paper-mailed to the City. There's no way to pay for them online. I've never even heard of anyone ever using a cheque before I came to Canada.

Reactions: Ronja5200

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
One thing I was truly surprised by is how outdated payment methods are in Canada - in the places I've stayed so far rent was always collected by cheque, and my utility bills likewise have to be paper-mailed to the City. There's no way to pay for them online. I've never even heard of anyone ever using a cheque before I came to Canada.
I don know where are u living mate.. but don poetry such image.. I live in Canada... no paper sign whatsoever... and I am paying rent online...even utilities...so either u r living in super remote place or in some some apartments which are outdated

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
H

Ah yes, the Danes are quite relaxed when it comes to that. And it's smooth and efficient. I once wrote here in a thread that I was baffled with how bad and inefficient the CIC website was, and several wrote to me and said they experienced it the complete opposite. To them, it was an example of a really good and efficient website. I realised it might just be my Danish reference point :) Sure gonna miss my NemID ;)

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
I don know where are u living mate.. but don poetry such image.. I live in Canada... no paper sign whatsoever... and I am paying rent online...even utilities...so either u r living in super remote place or in some some apartments which are outdated
Your experience might not universal ;) I lived in Vancouver last year and had the same experience. In terms of banks and paying bills it sure seemed quite outdated compared to Denmark

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Have been living in the Metro Vancouver area now for a year and a half; lived in 3 different places. The first two places had utilities included so I didn't pay for them separately.

Cheques still are a very common payment method around here, and there's plenty of people I know that also use them to pay their own rent/utilities.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Ah yes, the Danes are quite relaxed when it comes to that. And it's smooth and efficient. I once wrote here in a thread that I was baffled with how bad and inefficient the CIC website was, and several wrote to me and said they experienced it the complete opposite. To them, it was an example of a really good and efficient website. I realised it might just be my Danish reference point :) Sure gonna miss my NemID ;)
I had a similar comment but about Vancouver's transit system being absolutely terrible at their Reddit - triggered lots of comments saying how it was a lot better than anywhere else in North America. Which may be true, but if anything, that says more about North America having bad transit :)

Funny how much our opinions can be influenced by what were used to in our native country

maplenow

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
There you go!