+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Update:

- Agent confirmed with me that my application was approved on August 30
- Agent stated the Vancouver office will be scheduling a landing interview appointment with me, but this email can come 2 to 4 weeks after the application is approved
- I asked what e-mails they still have on file: Agent mentioned email #2 + #3 (the ones I still have access to). email #1 was no longer on file as it was removed yesterday after I sent out a Webform CSE two days ago.
- When I asked if between August 30 and September 12 an e-mail could've been sent out to this address she stated that this was not the case as (1) it was not the Primary e-mail address throughout the entirety of my PR application (2) She checked and stated no e-mails yet were sent out to any of my e-mail addresses
- Agent advised me to wait 2 more weeks (until September 27) - if I have not received any news by then, I should call back.

People, please avoid the stress I had and make sure any e-mail addresses that you ever used for your MyCIC and don't have access to/no longer check, get removed. There is no possible way of doing this yourself - call them, or raise a Webform CSE. Any e-mail address you have ever used will remain attached to your account in one way or another, even if not as a Primary e-mail.

Last edited:

phoenixsong

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Update:

- Agent stated the Vancouver office will be scheduling a landing interview appointment with me, but this email can come 2 to 4 weeks after the application is approved
- I asked what e-mails they still have on file: Agent mentioned email #2 + #3 (the ones I still have access to). email #1 was no longer on file as it was removed yesterday after I sent out a Webform CSE two days ago.
- When I asked if between August 30 and September 12 an e-mail could've been sent out to this address she stated that this was not the case as (1) it was not the Primary e-mail address throughout the entirety of my PR application (2) She checked and stated no e-mails yet were sent out to any of my e-mail addresses
Congratulations!! :)

Reactions: Vitesze

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Update:

- Agent advised me to wait 2 more weeks (until September 27) - if I have not received any news by then, I should call back.
Congrats. Seems like everything is in order. Kudos to the agent also who was patient enough to answer your queries. Getting PPR and an understanding agent are both a matter of great luck. Congratulations buddy !!

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Congrats. Seems like everything is in order. Kudos to the agent also who was patient enough to answer your queries. Getting PPR and an understanding agent are both a matter of great luck. Congratulations buddy !!
I think it's important to come to the call prepared - I mentioned the important days of my application (AOR, Approval) and asked very specific questions. I believe a lot of people simply end up asking for "the status of their application" and in that case the Agent won't show much patience (they get these calls all the time) and just list what you already can see on your online account.

Before making the call think of what you exactly want to know, how you should ask for it (e.g. their terminology is different than on the forum) and write it down, so you won't forget to ask for it. These people are getting an immense amount of calls every day and if you waste their time for even 20 seconds they're likely to try and get rid of you.

Reactions: cansha and viki1805

Thay

Nov 14, 2016
I think it's important to come to the call prepared - I mentioned the important days of my application (AOR, Approval) and asked very specific questions. I believe a lot of people simply end up asking for "the status of their application" and in that case the Agent won't show much patience (they get these calls all the time) and just list what you already can see on your online account.

Before making the call think of what you exactly want to know, how you should ask for it (e.g. their terminology is different than on the forum) and write it down, so you won't forget to ask for it. These people are getting an immense amount of calls every day and if you waste their time for even 20 seconds they're likely to try and get rid of you.
That's a relief, you are good.. It's just matter of time now. Congratz.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

Agree with you. I was not prepared when I called them first and didn't know the concept of recommended pass. But I haven't called them after that. Waiting on gcms notes to see a few more details and then will call them in October.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
On a funny note:

The Agent first said the Winnipeg office was going to schedule the appointment with me. I stated I live in BC, have never even visited Manitoba before and that I would have to take several days off from work probably to even make it there. She then said she made a mistake, that Winnipeg VO processed parts of my application but that the Vancouver VO will do the interview :rolleyes:

On that note, looking at my GCMS notes it looks like my application has been touched by:
- Winnipeg IRCC (Primary)
- CPC Ottawa
- CPC Vegreville
- Vancouver Immigration

Wonder if it's common for a PR application to get processed by so many offices?

Reactions: purvesh007

pt.malik

Jul 26, 2018
On a funny note:

The Agent first said the Winnipeg office was going to schedule the appointment with me. I stated I live in BC, have never even visited Manitoba before and that I would have to take several days off from work probably to even make it there. She then said she made a mistake, that Winnipeg VO processed parts of my application but that the Vancouver VO will do the interview :rolleyes:

On that note, looking at my GCMS notes it looks like my application has been touched by:
- Winnipeg IRCC (Primary)
- CPC Ottawa
- CPC Vegreville
- Vancouver Immigration

Wonder if it's common for a PR application to get processed by so many offices?
After seeing all your posts, I could not resist myself and called IRCC. I am also in BC. Applied FSW-I. Confirmed all my email ids and they had 5 of them amongst which only 2 are valid now. So, I requested to remove all other emails and just keep 2 of them. I also asked about my status, and she kept me on a hold for a while and went to check my status. Eligibility, criminality and medicals are passed. They are still processing my security check and I asked when was security check started. She said on July 26, 2018. My VO is Sydney-NS. I am wondering how long it takes to pass security? The agent was so nice, that at the end she asked herself, if I have anything to ask more and she hopes that she answered all my questions well.

Reactions: rejozach

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
After seeing all your posts, I could not resist myself and called IRCC. I am also in BC. Applied FSW-I. Confirmed all my email ids and they had 5 of them amongst which only 2 are valid now. So, I requested to remove all other emails and just keep 2 of them. I also asked about my status, and she kept me on a hold for a while and went to check my status. Eligibility, criminality and medicals are passed. They are still processing my security check and I asked when was security check started. She said on July 26, 2018. My VO is Sydney-NS. I am wondering how long it takes to pass security? The agent was so nice, that at the end she asked herself, if I have anything to ask more and she hopes that she answered all my questions well.
Good thing you called, so you won't have to worry like me about e-mails being sent to those 3 invalid e-mails :D

Security - it's usually the one that takes the longest to complete and it's a pretty elaborate process of which not a whole lot is known. I believe it's also done by CSIS rather than IRCC. It can take anywhere from a few days up to more than 6 months really. Largely depends on your nationality, travel history, whether your name matches with that of a criminal etc.

pt.malik

Jul 26, 2018
Good thing you called, so you won't have to worry like me about e-mails being sent to those 3 invalid e-mails :D

Security - it's usually the one that takes the longest to complete and it's a pretty elaborate process of which not a whole lot is known. I believe it's also done by CSIS rather than IRCC. It can take anywhere from a few days up to more than 6 months really. Largely depends on your nationality, travel history, whether your name matches with that of a criminal etc.
Ok Thanks for your reply. Hope I get some good news by the end of this month. And Congratulations to you. :)

Reactions: Vitesze

arun_kumar543

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Update:

People, please avoid the stress I had and make sure any e-mail addresses that you ever used for your MyCIC and don't have access to/no longer check, get removed. There is no possible way of doing this yourself - call them, or raise a Webform CSE. Any e-mail address you have ever used will remain attached to your account in one way or another, even if not as a Primary e-mail.
May I know why a separate interview has been scheduled for you, that too in Vancouver? Any specific reason? What do you mean by landing interview? This kinda interview will happen for all CEC applicants?

serene17

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
I called CIC today so I thought that I'd share my experience
  • Eligibility: Recommended pass
  • Background Check: she said "they're still working on it" > I don't know what that even means. In the website it shows " We didn't start your background check yet"
  • Visa Office: Ottawa. She said it is a "processing center" and it's possible that my case will be sent to another office.
It's getting really frustrating since this is the exact same information I got a month a go. So apparently, there is no movement in my application at all.

Good luck everyone out there! Hope we all hear some exciting news soon :)

kyrarora

Jul 30, 2018
Hi....experts pls could you tell me what to do here...I have just recd my GCMS Notes....and it says:-
________________________________________________________________________________________
Recommendation:-Review Required. Summary Notes:CRS Points seem to have fallen below minimum for round A11.2.
Review Required R75:FSW Minimum Requirements - appear met R76:Selection Criteria -FSW Points /Funds Appear Met
FSW Points Total-73 Outstanding Documents (Not Requested):- RPRF Ready to finalize RPRF-Outstanding
________________________________________________________________________________________
CRS Score at ITA 442.CRS points minimum for round :442
CRS Score at application:442/Verified CRS score:417 I have reviewed the following for CRS Points:
PA gained points as MARRIED at ITA and APR PA gained points for for 1 Year(s) Foreign Work Experience
CRS Score has fallen below minimum for round :-Revised Foreign Work Experience from Declared 3 Years to 1.
Please review LOE for G HOSP;Unable to confirm declared NOC for self employed work.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
The basic problem is that the CIC has taken my work Exp at G HOSP in another NOC...even though the work is related.... likewise....
My NOC is Manager (Procurement) and I have submitted LOE as Manager (Operations) for G HOSP. But it is clearly written that the
Job description included Procurement.
How can I clear this....Do I submit another LOE....but how can you change the designation....or submit an amended LOE stating MANAGER (OPERATIONS AND PROCUREMENT) or any other opinion....
Please suggest!!!

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
I called CIC today so I thought that I'd share my experience
  • Eligibility: Recommended pass
  • Background Check: she said "they're still working on it" > I don't know what that even means. In the website it shows " We didn't start your background check yet"
  • Visa Office: Ottawa. She said it is a "processing center" and it's possible that my case will be sent to another office.
It's getting really frustrating since this is the exact same information I got a month a go. So apparently, there is no movement in my application at all.

Good luck everyone out there! Hope we all hear some exciting news soon :)
Next time instead of background check, ask for the status of Criminality and Security Assessment. These things constitute the background check.
As for the Background check, there's not any status for it other than what you see online.