+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

John_Play

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Hi Guys

I just received an email regarding the Interview at Winnipeg CIac office for the final confirmation of my application.

They’ve requested for my Passport and Photographs to bring.

Does anyone know what will happen there, what they gona ask me or what will be the application process afterwards.

AOR - 18th June, 2018
May I know what they have asked? Am primary applicant (living in Canada) and dependent applicant (India). I am scheduled for similar interview for final confirmation. They have sent request letter for dependent applicant to submit passport and photocopy.

Please let me know the questions that they have and the level of preparation requires?

John_Play

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Primary applicant - Canada, Dependent applicant - India
On Thursday, I received a request letter for dependent to submit passport and photo. However I have not received any such request.
Request Letter (RFV) states that
"If you're the primary applicant currently residing in Canada and are in the process of being scheduled for a landing appointment.
Please do not submit your passport to the visa office. The information in this letter only pertains to your accompanying dependent."

I was confused since I, primary applicant was not asked for any passport request or landing appointment. I spoke to the agent on the same day and he said that he would talk to Winnipeg office to see the reason although they had stated about landing appointment in RFV letter that they sent for dependent applicant.

The next day, I received an email from Winnipeg office stating that

"Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada, Etobicoke, will be contacting you with the day you are to attend their office for your final interview to become a permanent resident of Canada. As your dependent is overseas she will be required to send in her passport into the required visa office in order for IRCC to issue her confirmation of permanent resident document and visa."

When I asked in the email if the final interview is same as landing appointment. They said 'Yes'. I heard that the normal process is to send passport and photos and receive COPR and then schedule for a landing appointment. May I know the reason for this strange process? Please note that I received a procedural fairness letter and reply back with justifications (not actually gave what they want - offer letter wording change)

Also please let me know the possible questions or level of preparation requires for this interview. Thanks! Am little afraid on this.

John_Play

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
On Thursday, I received a request letter for dependent to submit passport and photo. However I have not received any such request.
"If you're the primary applicant currently residing in Canada and are in the process of being scheduled for a landing appointment.
Please do not submit your passport to the visa office. The information in this letter only pertains to your accompanying dependent."

I was confused since I, primary applicant was not asked for any passport request or landing appointment. I spoke to the agent on the same day and he said that he would talk to Winnipeg office to see the reason although they had stated about landing appointment in RFV letter that they sent for dependent applicant.

"Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada, Etobicoke, will be contacting you with the day you are to attend their office for your final interview to become a permanent resident of Canada. As your dependent is overseas she will be required to send in her passport into the required visa office in order for IRCC to issue her confirmation of permanent resident document and visa."

When I asked in the email if the final interview is same as landing appointment. They said 'Yes'. I heard that the normal process is to send passport and photos and receive COPR and then schedule for a landing appointment. May I know the reason for this strange process? Please note that I received a procedural fairness letter and reply back with justifications (not actually gave what they want - offer letter wording change)

Also please let me know the possible questions or level of preparation requires for this interview. Thanks! Am little afraid on this.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

Read a few pages back and I think someone explained that this is the new process cic has been following for people who are inland applicants. Instead of sending passport for copr and then doing landing at border post, you just need to attend interview and you will walk out of the interview as Canadian PR. As your dependent is in India obviously the process is different and they are required to follow the copr process. You shouldn’t be afraid but rather celebrate this. Enjoy!!

Reactions: tobs

DanFariasM

Jul 9, 2018
Venezuela
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO / Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
very similar..June 5th..no update except medical passed
Same here but a bit later, June 9th AOR, no updates after meds passed on June 22nd, I guess I will start to get excited after any of you gets their PPR haha

jenhru23

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
This is rather strange. I thought LOE from manager has the same value as HR. Why do you have review required on this?
I provided 2 reference letters. One from HR with only position, salary and joining date. The other one is affidavit from manager for job duties and other details

John_Play

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Read a few pages back and I think someone explained that this is the new process cic has been following for people who are inland applicants. Instead of sending passport for copr and then doing landing at border post, you just need to attend interview and you will walk out of the interview as Canadian PR. As your dependent is in India obviously the process is different and they are required to follow the copr process. You shouldn’t be afraid but rather celebrate this. Enjoy!!
But the status remains same in my CIC account!!