FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
This officer has to be from Ottawa or NDVO? Cause the file has moved to delhi in March and there is no update in my online profile for over 8 to 9 months. Thanks in advance
It could be from anywhere. In most straightforward cases, the file moves to LVO after approvals are done...for dispatch of PPR. It might differ in a few cases. When they need to verify something locally.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks. wait for them to pick up my file!! is there some thing I can do for them to pick up my file a little quicker? 13 months and waiting
No unfortunately there is no way to push them pick your file. But, don't give up. Call them, email them, order notes regularly.
Also when I look at the signatures of most of your profiles I see that you guys have ordered for GCMS notes more than once.

Looking at my gcms do you guys feel there is a need for me to do the same? The agent over the phone said GCMS delays the process.

Thanks in advance

@cansha @Mr_nobody @Prashant86_2000 and all those wise one's whose name I don't know yet
As others said GCMS won't cause any delay. Plus, you have already waited twice as a regular processing time, your case has been delayed for at least 7-8 months now. So, if I were you, I would ask the call agent, how much more it is going to delay, more than what it has already delayed by their system ?!!!:mad::mad::confused::confused:
How come there are people who order it regularly, and still get their ppr on time, but some don't order it and still they have to wait for a long time!

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
The agent at the border just confirmed my address and said my PR card will be mailed to me.

I have to do an additional application? was never told that.

Still no tracking info or ghost update. landed july 15. strange

Last edited:

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017

anujoshi

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you buy a house as yet? I'm wondering how hard it will be to get a mortgage with no credit history.
As a newcomer there are a couple of institutions that have a program for you if you want to buy a house. As long as you are working a full time job here, even if you have no credit history, they will give you a mortgage with minimum down payment (sometimes as little as 5%). It's not an advertised program and there are some rules (example: the property value must be under 500K); happy to share details of the mortgage person who can tell you those, if you direct message me. I'm not a mortgage person.

Also, a couple of banks will give a mortgage to a newcomer (no credit, no job) if you put 35% down payment. Must be on PR for this one though.

Reactions: Prashant86_2000

ab.1

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
BC
A quick update on my case:

I received a redo medicals request, i submitted the new medicals and 3 days ago it changed to passed.

Now, I got a message requesting for "Supplementary Information Request form" with a copy of my resume/CV and a Schedule A background declaration form (IMM 5669) b with travel history (no space for travel history on this form).

Anyone with experience with this?

The Supplementary Info request form asks questions about field of study, thesis, education supervisors, Upon return to your country, what employment plans do you have in place? At which company or organisation and in what field of work?

I graduated 5 years ago from my masters degree and havent pursued PHD or any types of studies after that.

Last time I called CIC my eligibility and background checks were recommended passed and security not started.
My case is inland similar to yours ,same adr and status on file ,did you complete your school in Canada ?