+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
i tell ya .. i had one rude canadian CBSA exp.. but that was so polite for us it was like normal .. tat too living in US for 12 years... hehehehe Candian are so polite... see even i have become so sweeeeett
:D

Yeah, if you compare them to US customs and border control.

The Canadian effect works.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
I have been living in Ottawa always... but telling ya.. how companies are scattered here... you know
Ottawa is our second choice before BC. It's strange that it's cheaper than Toronto despite being the capital. You have the added value that you get to interact with the French.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
GTA would be our choice in this case. We do want to see how it's like in the other provinces.

I think the first year is more sort of a provisional year and you might end up moving to another province. BC has been our second choice. I heard you had -40 lately in SK.
Very often! Even right now, the feels like is -36

R.Tequila

Nov 15, 2018
The closest jaw-dropping spot is Banff which is in Alberta and is 6 hours drive to Saskatoon. There are some small lakes and parks in SK that people go like Black Strap and Waskesiu lake. Next summer, if you were around, shoot me a message and we can go have lunch :)
Lol 6 hour drive.. for a spoiled city guy like me, may make more sense if I’m traveling to Alberta instead.

For me the ideal example would be like the 3-4 hours drive to Bruce peninsula from Toronto, and spend couple days in cottage , hiking & kayaking. So if I’m doing SK it would probably be mostly cities trips. We have plenty of lakes in ON already:D

Will see, gonna take some convincing since it involves plane ride!

Reactions: Mr_nobody

tahirnm

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Ottawa is our second choice before BC. It's strange that it's cheaper than Toronto despite being the capital. You have the added value that you get to interact with the French.
Ottawa is much cheaper...problem is most likely you need to be bilingual to be successful...

btw in Canada bilingual means English and French...I am tri-lingual but that don't count! lol

Also it was feels like -35 in toronto just last week...and there was a snow storm yesterday...but if you come to Canada you gotta be expecting cold weather everywhere...that's the cost of being in Canada

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Ottawa is much cheaper...problem is most likely you need to be bilingual to be successful...

btw in Canada bilingual means English and French...I am tri-lingual but that don't count! lol

Also it was feels like -35 in toronto just last week...and there was a snow storm yesterday...but if you come to Canada you gotta be expecting cold weather everywhere...that's the cost of being in Canada
I know French, not fluently tho. Being in Ottawa would give me the chance to improve it. As to the snow, I'm pretty much used to it.

The car insurance everyone is saying is high, so a bit worrying. Plus finding a permanent accommodation until we buy ours will be another challenge, of course, plus finding a job within the first 2 months which is our plan.

imannan

Star Member
Oct 5, 2018
URGENT!!!

Guys, this is the second time posting this, I would really appreciate some help. My husband and I received our COPR and destination province says Alberta and dest. city is Calgary. Must we land in Calgary? I know tobs said we can land anywhere in Canada except Quebec, but our consultant just said "It's in your best interest to land in Calgary"
We are kinda worried as tickets to Calgary are super expensive and we planned on traveling next week.
Please respond. @legalfalcon

Thank you!

Jimioguns

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
URGENT!!!

Guys, this is the second time posting this, I would really appreciate some help. My husband and I received our COPR and destination province says Alberta and dest. city is Calgary. Must we land in Calgary? I know tobs said we can land anywhere in Canada except Quebec, but our consultant just said "It's in your best interest to land in Calgary"
We are kinda worried as tickets to Calgary are super expensive and we planned on traveling next week.

Thank you!
Tobs is right you can land anywhere apart from Quebec... this has been said so many times here

Reactions: tobs

imannan

Star Member
Oct 5, 2018
Tobs is right you can land anywhere apart from Quebec... this has been said so many times here
Okay thanks! I am not very active on this thread so I guess I missed when this was said.
I do believe tobs, but then our consultant advised us to land in Calgary and that just confused us even more.
Anyway, thanks for replying.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
You AOR is Nov. and you already have more than 2000 comments on these forums!!!! Man, go have some life and don't worry that much! You are gonna be fine
I have been in these forums even before I got my ITA and moving to Canada is my life lol joking :p

Yes, I have passed 100 days now and I am kind of hoping that my application will not be rejected from here on. I have ordered GCMS notes so will see where it stands :)

Santacan

Jul 8, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
URGENT!!!

Thank you!
You can surely land anywhere

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I have been in these forums even before I got my ITA and moving to Canada is my life lol joking :p

Yes, I have passed 100 days now and I am kind of hoping that my application will not be rejected from here on. I have ordered GCMS notes so will see where it stands :)
It won't. Get your GCMS, if you are not RR, you will get your ppr in 6 months period.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
but our consultant just said "It's in your best interest to land in Calgary"
Your consultant is either ignorant or idiot or both. It will be in your best interest to stay away from him.

And if you are really going to value his word over anyone over here than it defeats the whole purpose of asking the question in the first place. I understand you are anxious but then I think you (unintentionally) disrespect the person who took out time, read your question and gave you an answer.

But in any case what people have suggested is correct. You can land anywhere except Quebec.

DanFariasM

Jul 9, 2018
Venezuela
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO / Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
Wonder if Matthew is having a great Vals day.. with all his mad copy and paste skill, he must get a lot of women..
Hopefully those women don’t know each other, because I’m pretty sure he wrote the same thing to all of them:D