+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
@arash2002 , there is whole section with the tile OTHER REQS. Take a look at it. They might be related.
For me, this section has some info about Job Bank, but because I am CEC, I didn't need to register in there. Maybe that is the reason that Other reqs is blank for me.

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
That is what I am saying. Every information about security including starting date and finalizing date gets redacted. Then I still don't get how you are telling that his SS is finished cuz even if it is finished we wouldn't know.

No, mine is redacted under s.21

It is usually the case for all applicants under SS. Usually, SS takes a long time. That is why people pass everything else and still have to wait long to get ppr. I know applicants who applied in 2017. They passed everything else, but they are still waiting for ppr.
I still don't understand how you are saying that @arash2002 security is done and he will get ppr soon.

Anyways, I hope you are right and he gets his ppr soon.
That is what I am saying. Every information about security including starting date and finalizing date gets redacted. Then I still don't get how you are telling that his SS is finished cuz even if it is finished we wouldn't know.

No, mine is redacted under s.21

It is usually the case for all applicants under SS. Usually, SS takes a long time. That is why people pass everything else and still have to wait long to get ppr. I know applicants who applied in 2017. They passed everything else, but they are still waiting for ppr.
I still don't understand how you are saying that @arash2002 security is done and he will get ppr soon.

Anyways, I hope you are right and he gets his ppr soon.
Frankly, I too am speaking from my reads around different forums.

S.15/16/21 all are just acts under which the information is redacted. I am trying to find the difference here. Can you check and tell me if there is anything more than S.21...may be in a bracket? Su sections?

However, the link I sent earlier was the most elaborate and convincing information I found about S.15.

I don't say that it is an axiom and that is why I have asked @arash2002 to call and verify.

Please give me more information about S.21 for me to dig deeper. :/

Reactions: Mr_nobody

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

S.15/16/21 all are just acts under which the information is redacted. I am trying to find the difference here. Can you check and tell me if there is anything more than S.21...may be in a bracket? Su sections?

However, the link I sent earlier was the most elaborate and convincing information I found about S.15.

I don't say that it is an axiom and that is why I have asked @arash2002 to call and verify.

@arash2002 as per your notes - Is your file "In Progress" or "On Hold"?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018

Yeah, I don't have much info either. I don't think there is a big difference between s.21 and s.15 as they are just sections of the Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) act that allows CIC to rdact the info. So, no matter which section, the info are getting redacted. No one know when the SS finishes. Some people get a ghost update, some people get remed request (if previous one expired). But, there is no way a person can tell if the security is finalized, not even from GCMS. Maybe, CBSA notes can tell. I don't know.

Reactions: Prashant86_2000

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Yeah, I don't have much info either. I don't think there is a big difference between s.21 and s.15 as they are just sections of the Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) act that allows CIC to rdact the info. So, no matter which section, the info are getting redacted. No one know when the SS finishes. Some people get a ghost update, some people get remed request (if previous one expired). But, there is no way a person can tell if the security is finalized, not even from GCMS. Maybe, CBSA notes can tell. I don't know.
Does it say what subsection was applied to your redacted info?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Does it say what subsection was applied to your redacted info?
No, it is all s.21 in the GCMS
Also, these are from the email that they attached GCMS to:

he processing of your request is now complete. Please refer to the following for an explanation as to what was released:

Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part

Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 21 The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities

Is there anywhere else that I should look for sub section?
Edit: @arash2002 how about yours?

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
No, it is all s.21 in the GCMS
Also, these are from the email that they attached GCMS to:

he processing of your request is now complete. Please refer to the following for an explanation as to what was released:

Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part

Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 21 The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities

Is there anywhere else that I should look for sub section?
Edit: @arash2002 how about yours?
Naah, and I believe your notes 1-5 are redacted too.?

R.Tequila

Nov 15, 2018

Interesting convo.

s21 is basically s15 but for the Privacy act instead of Information Act. legalfalcon made a detailed post here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-about-gcms-how-to-order-read-general-questions-answered.482200/page-18

In regard to Eagle's post, I think his information might not be true anymore as it was a old post, my case definitely proved otherwise. My GCMS notes from IRCC looked like this:

which according to him would have meant security done.

But of course my security is still in process by CBSA, confirmed by notes from them.

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Interesting convo.

s21 is basically s15 but for the Privacy act instead of Information Act. legalfalcon made a detailed post here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-about-gcms-how-to-order-read-general-questions-answered.482200/page-18

In regard to Eagle's post, I think his information might not be true anymore as it was a old post, my case definitely proved otherwise. My GCMS notes from IRCC looked like this:

which according to him would have meant security done.

But of course my security is still in process by CBSA, confirmed by notes from them.
Not sure.

1. He stated S.15
2. He was looking at the "Assessment" section on Page 2.

Can you share, how does that look?

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Here:

I was referring to when he said this:

which is what my notes look like except mine is s21 since I was requesting from inside Canada using Privacy act.
S 21 on 2nd page and first 5 notes redacted too??