+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

Pris

May 11, 2018
Hello, I have a dumb question regarding my gcms notes. In the History section, that has subheadings such as Application Status:1, Application Status:2, Application Status: 3...................is this arranged from the latest report to the earliest report? For example, Application Status: 23 will be the latest update while Application 1 will be the oldest update? There are no dates on this section of the notes, so I am finding hard to comprehend.
:confused:
I think that's the other way around, it goes from the newest to the oldest, 1 being the newest

Reactions: HFL2018 and tobs

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018
Hi Everyone
I'm writing my first post on this forum though I'm a silent reader for past six months. Would like to thank everyone on this forum specially Cansha & tobs. Their suggestions were immensely helpful to me and countless other silent readers. Yesterday I got PPR. Following is my timeline:

ITA: April 11, 2018
AOR: June 30, 2018.
MEP/IP1: July 17, 2018
1st GCMS ordered: November 12, 2018
GCMS received: December 17, 2018 (review required for proof of funds all else was cleared. Case analyst comments dated August 07, 2018)
Second GCMS ordered: December 18, 2018
Visa Officer reviewed case and requested updated proof of funds December 19, 2018
Documents submitted: December 20, 2018
IP2 (Background check started): December 31, 2018 or earlier
PPR: January 23, 2019
Second GCMS received: January 23, 2019

What I learnt from this forum is that sometimes ordering GCMS helps in faster processing of your case which seems true in my case.
Thanks everyone once again.
Congratulation @MaAzSa !!! And I also feel GCMS Notes does help. Cheers

Reactions: Nishika22

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Congratulation @MaAzSa !!! And I also feel GCMS Notes does help. Cheers
Congratulations @MaAzSa! Thanks for wishing golden showers for all of us :D
I couldn’t agree more with you and @richa1987 - GCMS notes are the way to go. They at least nudge CIC to open our application, otherwise gathering dust...and there’s really no substitute for the reams of information these notes impart on the status of our case. I’m a big advocate too, and am glad notes helped in your particular instance :)

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
this is probably the most gentle one out of all the template mails. :p
Hehe...thanks for boosting my morale ;) However , it likely means that there is really nothing happening on my application - both eligibility and security are forever frozen at MET and NOT STARTED respectively - so the agents are starting to feel sorry for moi :p

shishirkona

Jul 20, 2018
See my reply above. Your parents can apply for a visitor's visa for sure, however, you cannot invite them as you are not a PR until you land. Merely having a COPR and a visa does not make you a PR. You have to be examined and admitted.

Your parents surely can provide your visa and COPR as proof, but you cannot write an invitation letter inviting them yet.
See my reply above. Your parents can apply for a visitor's visa for sure, however, you cannot invite them as you are not a PR until you land. Merely having a COPR and a visa does not make you a PR. You have to be examined and admitted.

Your parents surely can provide your visa and COPR as proof, but you cannot write an invitation letter inviting them yet.
Thanks

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
I know this is not something you may want to hear or something that helps you but honestly, there is not much you can actually do to nudge them. Your options are sending them CSE every 1/2 weeks or plead with an agent who agrees to send a note to VO. However, it is yet to be proven they actually send a note or if that note really helps or is it something they just say to make you feel better. I think one of the agents even promised a member here (my guess @Nishika22) that she is going to keep an eye like a hawk on her application. But that hasn't helped yet.
I really wish they had a mechanism to addresses cases like these.
Completely agreed with @cansha based on my own case! I’ve been waiting for my Eligibility to be reviewed by a senior officer (to be set from the current MET to passed) for the last 6 months now (24Jul18 to 24Jan19) and needless to say, security hasn’t started since all call agents tell me my Eligibility needs to be set to Passed first :p This chicken and egg problem has me stumped - and all call agents have professed themselves unable to help with nudging officers to move the file forward. As Cansha mentions, one call agent was kind enough to take pity on my plight and offer to monitor my file for movements - cuz it does beat her understanding of what usually happens on an application, that is, an officer sooner or later picks it up and puts the candidate out of their ‘wait and watch’ misery. Anyhow, I’ve decided to pester CIC till something does happen - sent 2 CSEs and 1 email to Ottawa this month, and ordered my CBSA notes as well as GCMS notes this week. On the off chance that Security is underway but agents can’t see it on their screen, the CBSA notes will help me confirm my suspicion either way - for better or for worse. I’d recommend you keep at the triple attack too:
1. Raise CSE/Email your VO
2. Call CIC
3. Order GCMS notes

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
So boys and ladies my circle in this game of pr is done... pr check .. and last thing was passport renewal.. its also done now.. it was an fantastic journey with u all.. u might see me here n der .. @Prashant86_2000 hope u get tgrough bro.. be i. Touch through dm eh

SACHINARDE

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Congrats!!!!!
Hi Everyone
I'm writing my first post on this forum though I'm a silent reader for past six months. Would like to thank everyone on this forum specially Cansha & tobs. Their suggestions were immensely helpful to me and countless other silent readers. Yesterday I got PPR. Following is my timeline:

ITA: April 11, 2018
AOR: June 30, 2018.
MEP/IP1: July 17, 2018
1st GCMS ordered: November 12, 2018
GCMS received: December 17, 2018 (review required for proof of funds all else was cleared. Case analyst comments dated August 07, 2018)
Second GCMS ordered: December 18, 2018
Visa Officer reviewed case and requested updated proof of funds December 19, 2018
Documents submitted: December 20, 2018
IP2 (Background check started): December 31, 2018 or earlier
PPR: January 23, 2019
Second GCMS received: January 23, 2019

What I learnt from this forum is that sometimes ordering GCMS helps in faster processing of your case which seems true in my case.
Thanks everyone once again.

pursuit_of_happiness

Jul 23, 2018
I have lost track of how many posts I have on this forum. But if it give you pleasure reading them, go for it.
First of all, we are very thankful for your service in here and helping everyone out with your inputs. your posts has been of great help to me personally and i firmly believe that everyone will concur on that so, please keep up the good work!!!

when i think of @legalfalcon in here , i imagine a person wearing black coat seating on the other side of computer,very carefully evaluating each and every post, thinking about the legal ramafications of everything that you write and very deliberate in your response. And its great to see you engage in normal discussions that gives us hope that you are indeed a person just like us who has gained great amount of knowledge about the canadian immigration system over course of time and have a sense of humour as well. :)