Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hi All,

My AOR is Oct 2018 however posting here as this is by far most active thread in this forum.

Is there anyone with "Application/profile updated" (Ghost updates) and came to know he/she is under security screening?
Just curious to know I had couple of ghost updates in Dec 2018 since then nothing.

My file is currently in London Visa office.
Appreciate comments / input from anyone.
Thanks
Don’t want to get your hopes up, but it could also be your file has been approved! Did you try to raise a CSE or call an agent to see what’s the status after the ghost visits? Don’t fear SS so soon after ghost updates - people here have waited 2 months after the holy arrival to get the Golden Email :)

Reactions: tobs

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
Hi All,

My AOR is Oct 2018 however posting here as this is by far most active thread in this forum.

Is there anyone with "Application/profile updated" (Ghost updates) and came to know he/she is under security screening?
Just curious to know I had couple of ghost updates in Dec 2018 since then nothing.

My file is currently in London Visa office.
Appreciate comments / input from anyone.
Thanks
Ghost updates do not mean or indicate SS, what they usually indicate is approval or near completion or to be least, some movement on the file. Dont be wary of this as it might be some good news. Though dont get too much hopes either.

muz

Star Member
Dec 29, 2007
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
Don’t want to get your hopes up, but it could also be your file has been approved! Did you try to raise a CSE or call an agent to see what’s the status after the ghost visits? Don’t fear SS so soon after ghost updates - people here have waited 2 months after the holy arrival to get the Golden Email :)
Raised CSE's but no response yet and recently called and came to know file is in London and no visibility to agent.

muz

Star Member
Dec 29, 2007
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
Ghost updates do not mean or indicate SS, what they usually indicate is approval or near completion or to be least, some movement on the file. Dont be wary of this as it might be some good news. Though dont get too much hopes either.
Thanks

Explorer77

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
26-06-2018
So when you say "still waiting for security to commence even after recommended pass for final review" it meansmeans review by officer is NOT the final step? Because from what I have been reading on the forums here, Ottawa saying that means literally final review before ppr email is sent.

Yea, I am going to order gcms this week. I would like to think it was the 1st gcms that led to movement in my application to ip2.

Its really frustrating because even initially the "review required" was made in may 2018 and my gcms was dated nov 2018. So basically all this while neither they touched my file, neither they asked for clarification .

Going to try calling cic this week again and will most probably order another gcms then .
I have heard that IP1 and IP2 are valid no longer. IRCC has done changes in their systems at the back-end which aren't getting reflected on the dashboard. The only valid update so far is when we get a MEP update followed by R10 review.

IP2 stage (which used to mean your background verification has started!) used to take not more than 20 days nowadays takes more than 60 days these days. This is apparently nothing but a technical glitch.

If this is true, I hope IRCC will soon fix the front-end.

pursuit_of_happiness

Jul 23, 2018
All I know is that what lies beyond the maze has got to be amazing to make up for all the maze running :p @sid1987 please paint pictures of a wonderful life post PPR so we can stay motivated for going through the maze ;)
Haha, yes it better be amazing at the end of it all. @sid1987 please tell us about all, everything and beyond. We let you use your creativelity in panting a wonderful picture of our wonderland. At this point we will believe you even if you tell us that Canada already has driverless flying cars , hogwarts like subway stations, Elon musks hyperloop already operational there and all girls there are as beautiful as hermione. ;):D:D

Reactions: Prashant86_2000

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
I have heard that IP1 and IP2 are valid no longer. IRCC has done changes in their systems at the back-end which aren't getting reflected on the dashboard. The only valid update so far is when we get a MEP update followed by R10 review.

IP2 stage (which used to mean your background verification has started!) used to take not more than 20 days nowadays takes more than 60 days these days. This is apparently nothing but a technical glitch.

If this is true, I hope IRCC will soon fix the front-end.
If they wanted to fix it they could have done it before the progress bar which is perhaps the least effective feature created in the history of software engineering.

For paper application when the applicant pass security the same message "application processing started" gets repeated again. This bug is there for years.