+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Hey guys,
I am not June AoR, but I hope you dont mind me butting in.

I noticed that few in this thread have "waiting final review" for their applications and I wanted to enquire about it.

So my reply from Ottawa that I received on 11th Jan (I have no idea how I got a reply in ONE day from them) said "currently in queue for review by officer". Now when I read the forums, it seems this is literally the last stage.

However, on 14th Jan while on call with a cic agent, I was told otherwise; criminality in progress and security not yet started. Unrelated, but the agent did sound impatient and borderline rude on the phone (I have had really good luck with agents until this one).
I am April AoR and been in ip2 since December 6th.

So I am just confused what this could all mean.
I am thinking of waiting this week out and if there's no update maybe order my 2nd gcms.

Thanks and good luck to you all.
order gcms notes. check if there is something that requires attention. for example, check the NOTES section at the bottom of the pdf file you will receive. but you need to wait 30 days for it at minimum. alternatively, you can call ircc call center again and politely ask them if there any information that is required from you.

as you said your IP2 is december 6th, i am assuming for some reason they waited long before starting to process the background check. this is just my assumption.

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
order gcms notes. check if there is something that requires attention. for example, check the NOTES section at the bottom of the pdf file you will receive. but you need to wait 30 days for it at minimum. alternatively, you can call ircc call center again and politely ask them if there any information that is required from you.

as you said your IP2 is december 6th, i am assuming for some reason they waited long before starting to process the background check. this is just my assumption.
Ahh my bad should have clarified further. So I got married post AoR and got to add my wife and add her docs only by early august 2018, so I am assuming it took a lot of time due to that.
I did order gcms in November and in it my eligibility was under review due to PoF (had submitted my mutual funds statement that probably confused them a bit) but 2 days before I received my notes, I was moved to IP2 and in jan I was told my eligibility is cleared .
I got ADR for my wifes pcc on 12th december that I submitted on 16th and I had to submit a LoE with another pcc around 24th december as my wifes pcc had a 31 days gap (govt here was not giving pcc for her tourist visa stay in qatar) .

So I am not really sure what to make between what Ottawa replied to me and what the call center agent told me. Thinking of calling them again tomorrow lol .

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Ahh my bad should have clarified further. So I got married post AoR and got to add my wife and add her docs only by early august 2018, so I am assuming it took a lot of time due to that.
I did order gcms in November and in it my eligibility was under review due to PoF (had submitted my mutual funds statement that probably confused them a bit) but 2 days before I received my notes, I was moved to IP2 and in jan I was told my eligibility is cleared .
I got ADR for my wifes pcc on 12th december that I submitted on 16th and I had to submit a LoE with another pcc around 24th december as my wifes pcc had a 31 days gap (govt here was not giving pcc for her tourist visa stay in qatar) .

So I am not really sure what to make between what Ottawa replied to me and what the call center agent told me. Thinking of calling them again tomorrow lol .
Call centre agents are losing patience fast with us ‘less than 20% applications’ that are delayed beyond the 6 month processing period. Guess this has something to do with the fact that we are actually more than 20% of their workload now :p
After your explanation on your marriage and adding your wife to your application, as well as Review Required on Eligibility due to PoF query, it appears that your file has moved out of the queue for April AoRs and is getting delayed on this account. Many of us are waiting after Eligibility MET/Recommended Passed for final review by an officer, after which our security checks can commence. Don’t worry, it’s the new norm, but as @ts270890 suggests, order your notes and gain a deeper understanding of what might be holding up your application, if at all it is anything besides delay in allocating your file to an officer.

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
Call centre agents are losing patience fast with us ‘less than 20% applications’ that are delayed beyond the 6 month processing period. Guess this has something to do with the fact that we are actually more than 20% of their workload now :p
After your explanation on your marriage and adding your wife to your application, as well as Review Required on Eligibility due to PoF query, it appears that your file has moved out of the queue for April AoRs and is getting delayed on this account. Many of us are waiting after Eligibility MET/Recommended Passed for final review by an officer, after which our security checks can commence. Don’t worry, it’s the new norm, but as @ts270890 suggests, order your notes and gain a deeper understanding of what might be holding up your application, if at all it is anything besides delay in allocating your file to an officer.

So when you say "still waiting for security to commence even after recommended pass for final review" it meansmeans review by officer is NOT the final step? Because from what I have been reading on the forums here, Ottawa saying that means literally final review before ppr email is sent.

Yea, I am going to order gcms this week. I would like to think it was the 1st gcms that led to movement in my application to ip2.

Its really frustrating because even initially the "review required" was made in may 2018 and my gcms was dated nov 2018. So basically all this while neither they touched my file, neither they asked for clarification .

Going to try calling cic this week again and will most probably order another gcms then .

Reactions: Nishika22

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Now this my friend is a great explanation ;):D

How is going man? I mean life outside of PPR.
Me and wifey have been trying to keep ourselves in the same routine as usual. Howevers we have started loosing sleep over thoughts. We aren't able to plan anything. People who have their emails are at least able to plan and act....
So except for living life asusual feeling miserable at the same time ;)

What about you?

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
So when you say "still waiting for security to commence even after recommended pass for final review" it meansmeans review by officer is NOT the final step? Because from what I have been reading on the forums here, Ottawa saying that means literally final review before ppr email is sent.

Yea, I am going to order gcms this week. I would like to think it was the 1st gcms that led to movement in my application to ip2.

Its really frustrating because even initially the "review required" was made in may 2018 and my gcms was dated nov 2018. So basically all this while neither they touched my file, neither they asked for clarification .

Going to try calling cic this week again and will most probably order another gcms then .
I know a June applicant who had eligibility moving from recommend pass to not started.

pursuit_of_happiness

Jul 23, 2018
Me and wifey have been trying to keep ourselves in the same routine as usual. Howevers we have started loosing sleep over thoughts. We aren't able to plan anything. People who have their emails are at least able to plan and act....
So except for living life asusual feeling miserable at the same time ;)

What about you?
Yes, that’s completely understandable. We have already discussed everything in here and speculated all the reasons that might be slowing down application processing but even that doesn’t help as the wait time increases. It’s frustrating but be hopeful that the PPR is round the corner for you .

My situation is nothing different. Trying to get along with routine work. Even alcohol has started feeling less enjoyable(which a definitely a serious concern for me) and my kamine friends don’t shy away from reminding and laughing out loud showing their entire ugly rotten teeth when they get to know that my application is still pending. But what else can I do rather than just biting the bullet. I try to remind them about how Canada is better than other countries and it’s completely worth all the wait blah blah .....but I am running of items in the list. ;):D:D

Nevertheless, I am still very much hopeful about the good news coming soon. :)