+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

EECEC

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
So I just called CIC and after waiting for more than 30 mins, the agent that picked up the phone refused to take my application number and refused to look into my application- he said anything within 6 months is normal and he won't tell me anything. Stupid.

Anyway, my AOR was June 29th 2018, June 7th background check turned NA, on June 13th background check shows IP2 message and MEP on the same day.

It's so lucky that the agents did tell you guys something over the phone... UGH.

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
So I just called CIC and after waiting for more than 30 mins, the agent that picked up the phone refused to take my application number and refused to look into my application- he said anything within 6 months is normal and he won't tell me anything. Stupid.

Anyway, my AOR was June 29th 2018, June 7th background check turned NA, on June 13th background check shows IP2 message and MEP on the same day.

It's so lucky that the agents did tell you guys something over the phone... UGH.
Re-call and find another agent. If Agent refused to take a look at your file, it means the phone call was never recorded. No negative impact on your application.

Adirek

Jul 26, 2018
Congratulations sid1987. Was the email about an interview or to send your passport? I live in Ottawa and I think we just go for an interview if we are almost approved.
I'm from Ottawa as well. I'm currently working in the St Laurent area as a computer programmer

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
I'm from Ottawa as well. I'm currently working in the St Laurent area as a computer programmer
hmmm where...neighbor... I work on Coventry road.. as lead data science

EECEC

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Re-call and find another agent. If Agent refused to take a look at your file, it means the phone call was never recorded. No negative impact on your application.
I tried so many times and finally I was connected to an agent. Unfortunately, the agent got connected was rude and stupid. I tried again but no luck. It is kind of frustrating.

I am wondering- usually, if an application didn't get rejected after 1 month, it is very likely that the R10 was completed, right? Thanks.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
I tried so many times and finally I was connected to an agent. Unfortunately, the agent got connected was rude and stupid. I tried again but no luck. It is kind of frustrating.

I am wondering- usually, if an application didn't get rejected after 1 month, it is very likely that the R10 was completed, right? Thanks.
btw R10 failure is return of application and not rejection, as you get fees refunded as well. If you are MEP, it is almost certain R10 is done. But rejection is mostly after R10, especially during Eligibility review.

Also the timeline you provided, you seem to have got months wrong

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Congratulations sid1987. Was the email about an interview or to send your passport? I live in Ottawa and I think we just go for an interview if we are almost approved.
IT was passport request... I hoped for interview though. But that interview can be scheduled you know..I called agent and asked. He said just drop a mail to cic Ottawa and they can help you out

EECEC

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
btw R10 failure is return of application and not rejection, as you get fees refunded as well. If you are MEP, it is almost certain R10 is done. But rejection is mostly after R10, especially during Eligibility review.

Thank you.

Yes, you are right. I typed July as June. Should be [July 7th background check turned NA, on July 13th background check shows IP2 message and MEP on the same day.] And no movements afterwards...

EECEC

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017

Thank you so much for your reply!

Chef-de-Bureau

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa (?)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
IT was passport request... I hoped for interview though. But that interview can be scheduled you know..I called agent and asked. He said just drop a mail to cic Ottawa and they can help you out
First of all, Congratulations!!! I was wondering, if we have the interview, there's no need to send in the Passport to Ottawa anymore? I'm wondering since I have some trips planned, so want to minimize the chance of me not having a passport when I have to go (and then obviously have to cancel the trip).

Thanks

maplenow

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
New member - just called ircc
Fsw -o - India
Aor June 22
Mep July 10

They haven't even started eligibility :(

It's being processed in Ottawa, any benefits of it being processed there?
Looks like my timeline and status (FSW-O, AOR June 22, MEP July 12, IP1). I am going to wait another month before I start getting anxious.

Reactions: Ronja5200