NOC Code......
NOC1121
AOR Received.
31-05-2018
Passport Req..
06-02-2019
Hey guys,
So I have good news.
I'm Nigerian, living in Nigeria. My file was approved between the 9th to 13th of December ( ghost update could have been any day, because I wasn't checking).
I emailed NDVO on the 21st after one guy based in Canada emailed NDVO and he got his PPR.
And today on the 31st of December at 12:30pm NDVO time, I received a Do not reply email with subject "passport request letter" to submit passports at New Delhi.
I'm cheesing so bad.

Ps: if your file is approved, email NDVO, you can sort out the change of LVO for passport submission later.
Congrats @tobs, so happy for you!!

Reactions: tobs

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
Ladies and Gentleman, It is my pleasure to announce that I have received PPR from NDVO today at 11.30am IST. I have emailed NDVO on 24th December. Thank you everyone for the wonderful support and encouragement which helped me to survive this roller coaster emotional journey. I wish everyone receive your PPR and COPR soon. Happy new year to everyone :):):)

AOR: 12th June
MEP: 27th June
IP1: 28th April
IP2: 15th October
Ghost Update: 5th November
PPR: 31st December :D
My heartiest congratulations!
thanks for being suportive throughout your presence in this forum, wish U the best in all that's coming..

Reactions: tobs and ishq74

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
Hey guys,
So I have good news.
I'm Nigerian, living in Nigeria. My file was approved between the 9th to 13th of December ( ghost update could have been any day, because I wasn't checking).
I emailed NDVO on the 21st after one guy based in Canada emailed NDVO and he got his PPR.
And today on the 31st of December at 12:30pm NDVO time, I received a Do not reply email with subject "passport request letter" to submit passports at New Delhi.
I'm cheesing so bad.

Ps: if your file is approved, email NDVO, you can sort out the change of LVO for passport submission later.
Congratulations...so the wait is finally over, enjoy it :)

Reactions: bennylee and tobs

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018
:D:D:D:D This made me laugh.

We (human beings) are wired to find a pattern or rational for something which is not in our control. So, I have heard various explanations since July/ August why things may be a little slow. Sometimes it was that they were off for their thanksgiving long weekend, then it was because it was time for student visas, then it was the tourist visas backlog, in between it was because there was influx of refugee applications and now it is the festive season (But this one is the most plausible) ...

I had trend of slowdown when I started tracking data on weekly basis. It was quite apparent then.

Don't think any further proof is needed for slowdown but if anyone is looking for that, here is a tidbit. For September the PPR %age till now (almost end of month 3 for them) is at 6% (as per Immitracker data). This number for June, Jul, Aug at end of their respective 3 month was 18-20%. It is just mind boggling.

Well, time has passed for remaining June candidates but I think unless there is something really dramatic we are heading towards a long waiting game for incoming candidates and high level of distress. And if IRCC thought implementing a progress bar will help them having less queries it is not going to work. I can see in Sep thread people starting to reach out to CIC call center. And it will continue to happen because there will always be few lucky people who will get PPR really early and no amount of "every file is different blah blah..." will calm the nerves of many candidates who will see people with similar timeline or AOR much beyond theirs getting their PPR.

I think January may be a good indication of things to come. Let's hope atleast for June candidates this is a good January and hopefully for some a good 31st Dec.
Absolutely right. Based on the trending the entire mechanism has slowed down since September for all months and needs immediate overhauling.

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018
Yes I just got it too. PPR from New Delhi. The email came in at 12:30pm ND time (7:00am Nigerian time) and I just saw the email right now.
I'm really happy because I was ready to wait till January 10th to email them again.
Hey another one!
Hearty congratulations Tobs!!! NDVO is doing wonders and looks like has taken over all Canadian VO's.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
@TOFluv @ishq74 please update your immitracker cases. I'm the only PPR there today atm :)

Reactions: TOFluv

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Absolutely right. Based on the trending the entire mechanism has slowed down since September for all months and needs immediate overhauling.
September is at 7%, August at 28% , July at 50% after 6 months & June at 67% after 7 months. It's really really slow.

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018
Ladies and Gentleman, It is my pleasure to announce that I have received PPR from NDVO today at 11.30am IST. I have emailed NDVO on 24th December. Thank you everyone for the wonderful support and encouragement which helped me to survive this roller coaster emotional journey. I wish everyone receive your PPR and COPR soon. Happy new year to everyone :):):)

AOR: 12th June
MEP: 27th June
IP1: 28th April
IP2: 15th October
Ghost Update: 5th November
PPR: 31st December :D
Congratulations! 3 down and counting... You guys would have a bumper new year party now. Enjoy.

Reactions: ishq74