+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***JUNE 2017***OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

queen8812

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
Hi . Application recieved june 1. Returned yesterday. They said we need to submit country specific requirement. I have a question, do i need to add those documents on checklist which we did not submit but there is explanation letter for it. Or just the document they are asking? Because now we have those documents ready. Thankyou...

clutsyclutter

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
Oh thanks ... I will do that maybe...
Cause I m having a baby and my husband might be traveling for that time frame. And his trip is 35 days. N m worried that request will come when he is not in home country
You should check details on how to obtain PCC in the country/ies applicable to your husband (here). I suggest he gets them now where he can. So that when the request comes, he can upload them right away; and where he is unable to get PCC without request/consent letter from IRCC, he can simply upload an explanation letter together with other PCCs.

adrdan

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
hi

My spouse is doing PharmD( which is 6 years course ) right after completing +2. She is in final year of studies.
Which education I should select ?

Secondary or less
High school diploma obtained after elementary school and before college, university, or other formal training.
Trade/ Apprenticeship certificate/Diploma
Diploma completed in a specific trade, such as carpentry or auto mechanics.
Non-university certificate/Diploma
Training in a profession that requires formal education but not at the university level (for example, dental technician or engineering technician).
Post-secondary - No degree
Post-secondary studies at a college or university but no degree earned.
Bachelor’s degree
Academic degree awarded by a college or university to those who completed an undergraduate curriculum; also called a baccalaureate. Examples include a Bachelor of Arts, Science or Education.
Post Graduate – No degree
Post Graduate studies at a college or university but no degree earned (Master or PhD).
Master’s degree
Academic degree awarded by a graduate school of a college or university. You must have completed a Bachelor’s degree before a Master’s degree can be earned.
Doctorate - PhD
Highest university degree, usually based on at least three (3) years of graduate studies and a thesis. Normally, you must have completed a Master’s degree before a PhD can be earned.

adrdan

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Part 1, Q5 is PA's. You may read the form guides (links available in the checklist); and comparing the guidelines for the items you mentioned would imply that they are different birth dates.
In the guide 5289, for Qs 5 its just mentioned below. Nothing specific. 4th Qs is PA. But 4th and 5th Qs are seperated by box. So it got me confused.

Question 5

If you don’t know the complete date of birth, use “*” (star sign/asterisk) to fill in the spaces for the year, month or day, where applicable.

cookie1234

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-05-2017
Doc's Request.
xxxx
AOR Received.
xxxx
File Transfer...
xxxx
Med's Request
xxxx
Med's Done....
xxxx
Interview........
xxxx
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Hi . Application recieved june 1. Returned yesterday. They said we need to submit country specific requirement. I have a question, do i need to add those documents on checklist which we did not submit but there is explanation letter for it. Or just the document they are asking? Because now we have those documents ready. Thankyou...
Hey my dear finally that's why it took so long for you too. Sorry for that :(
I guess we too might get ready to receive it back in the mailbox...

As for the checklist I wonder if you shouldn't reorganize according to the new one (edited on June) ? They said they accept the old one only until July 15th. Maybe you could call them tomorrow to make sure ?

Reactions: jptskt

clutsyclutter

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
In the guide 5289, for Qs 5 its just mentioned below. Nothing specific. 4th Qs is PA. But 4th and 5th Qs are seperated by box. So it got me confused.

Question 5

If you don’t know the complete date of birth, use “*” (star sign/asterisk) to fill in the spaces for the year, month or day, where applicable.
Yup, that's the guide for Part 1-Q5. If you read Sponsor-Q4, it specifies "If you don't know your complete date of birth..." It's very subtle but that spells out the difference.

Reactions: adrdan

raphmih

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Hi all,

I read on CIC that the reason of not being able link an application is that I have representative. Is that so guys? If I wont be able to link that thing, how much longer will the process be?

releasethestar

Dec 4, 2016
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-06-2017
Doc's Request.
04-08-2017
AOR Received.
24-07-2017
Med's Request
02-09-2017
Med's Done....
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
09-02-2018
Officially confused as to what is going on with Mississauga. It appears at least one person who had their package received 2 days after ours has already had their AOR1, SA received/approved, and their med requested... And yet I have nothing. We've already had our package returned one time because someone was blind enough to miss the PR card pictures we tacked onto one of the first pages in the package... Sufficient to say I will be pissed if it happens again.

Last edited:

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hey queen,
Really sorry about what happened. :( I don't know if i completely understood your question but I'll try to answer. You need to submit everything that they returned plus the documents that you were missing, which are the country specific requirements. Don't only submit the country specific requirements. What exactly does the explanation letter say?

Reactions: queen8812

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Officially confused as to what is going on with Mississauga. It appears at least one person who had their package received 2 days after ours has already had their AOR1, SA received/approved, and their med requested... And yet I have nothing. We've already had our package returned one time because someone was blind enough to miss the PR card pictures we tacked onto one of the first pages in the package... Sufficient to say I will be pissed if it happens again.
When did CIC receive your application?

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
@cookie1234

Also it seems like amongst the people who some have to resubmit their application due to it being returned, some get their application processing expedited the second time while some have the "normal" processing time getting their AOR1 one month later like the first time applicants. I don't know why that is the case. Many be there's a reason why some second-time applicants get their application expedited and some don't. It wouldn't hurt to talk to someone like embassyinternational. His/her application was also returned. He/she fixed his/her application as per CIC's explanation and then re-send it. It was received on June 23rd and he/she got his AOR1 immediately the next day. Right now his/her application is in the "ECAS PR Application Status changed to "In Process" stage. I'm just suggesting this cuz I don't want you to have to wait another one month or more to get your AOR1 after you resend your application. I mean, after all, you lost almost 2 month's time without making any progress in your application processing. Good luck!

cookie1234

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-05-2017
Doc's Request.
xxxx
AOR Received.
xxxx
File Transfer...
xxxx
Med's Request
xxxx
Med's Done....
xxxx
Interview........
xxxx
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
@cookie1234

Also it seems like amongst the people who some have to resubmit their application due to it being returned, some get their application processing expedited the second time while some have the "normal" processing time getting their AOR1 one month later like the first time applicants. I don't know why that is the case. Many be there's a reason why some second-time applicants get their application expedited and some don't. It wouldn't hurt to talk to someone like embassyinternational. His/her application was also returned. He/she fixed his/her application as per CIC's explanation and then re-send it. It was received on June 23rd and he/she got his AOR1 immediately the next day. Right now his/her application is in the "ECAS PR Application Status changed to "In Process" stage. I'm just suggesting this cuz I don't want you to have to wait another one month or more to get your AOR1 after you resend your application. I mean, after all, you lost almost 2 month's time without making any progress in your application processing. Good luck!
Hi :) Yes what you're saying is right. I remember I asked embassyinternational and he/she replied that their app was sent back twice. I guess that's why they have been processed so fast ?
I posted a thread to get feedback from people who got AOR late/app returned etc but not much answers...
We just have to wait now and hope they will find our app and process it or send it back as fast as possible. Thank you for your concern it's really kind :oops::)