+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

ivylane

Oct 17, 2015
Hi sorry not updated for a while. Became a Canadian Citizen today!!
Took the oath at Surrey, BC.
Thankyou to everyone on this forum for all your help and advice along the way. Now its time to apply for the passport.
Good Luck to everyone who are still waiting !!

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Hi sorry not updated for a while. Became a Canadian Citizen today!!
Took the oath at Surrey, BC.
Thankyou to everyone on this forum for all your help and advice along the way. Now its time to apply for the passport.
Good Luck to everyone who are still waiting !!
Congradulations, can you provide us with the following dates
1) DM
2) Oath invite date

redovitch

Jul 16, 2017
My first day as a Canadian citizen ends soon, Youpiiii :)
It was in Montreal, we were 195 for the oath, in the beginning it was anarchic a little bit, because many of us did not receive the letter oath and they made us wait until they looked in their lists that were apparently poorly made, in addition it looks like they did not believe that people have not received the letter because between-whiles they made a tour to ask us to check our emails if we received it. But after that it was good for the rest. It took at all nearly 2 hours.
I want to thank all the people on this forum who have been of great help to us, and ggod luck for all of you.

ivylane

Oct 17, 2015
dm November 26 2017
Oath letter 3rd January 2018
Oath Ceremony 6th February 2018.
We would have had our oath ceremony earlier probably in December but it was delayed because my daughter couldnt take her test with us in October due to a exam at university. She took the test in December.

montrealita

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Montreal Canada
Category........
Today at 10:30 am, I officially became a Canadian Citizen.
It was held in Montreal and my experience is the same like Redovitch since we attended the same ceremony
I will just add, although they ask you to bring all the documents you applied with your application. They do not check any, just PR cards, and Heath Cards.

Here I reached the end of my journey, thanking you all and wishing you a happy fulfilling life

Last edited:

Got sick of waiting

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
My first day as a Canadian citizen ends soon, Youpiiii :)
It was in Montreal, we were 195 for the oath, in the beginning it was anarchic a little bit, because many of us did not receive the letter oath and they made us wait until they looked in their lists that were apparently poorly made, in addition it looks like they did not believe that people have not received the letter because between-whiles they made a tour to ask us to check our emails if we received it. But after that it was good for the rest. It took at all nearly 2 hours.
I want to thank all the people on this forum who have been of great help to us, and ggod luck for all of you.
Congratulations

Got sick of waiting

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Today at 10:30 am, I officially became a Canadian Citizen.
It was held in Montreal and my experience is the same like Redovitch since we attended the same ceremony
I will just add, although they ask you to bring all the documents you applied with your application. They do not check any, just PR cards, and Heath Cards.

Here I reached the end of my journey, thanking you all and wishing you a happy fulfilling life
Congratulations

Trac77

Oct 25, 2017
My status is still 'In process' since I took the test on 24 January. Is it normal?
I have seen quite a few people in the same situation so I guess its normal . I wish you get oath invite soon . Its really a pain to apply from Quebec city. Processing time is unbelievably long!

peterrod

Aug 1, 2017
Vancouver
I finally received the oath invite. Can you update the spreadsheet please?

Application Sent: June 16, 2017 (Friday)
Application Delivered: June 21, 2017 (Wednesday)
AOR: August 1, 2017 (Tuesday)
In Process: August 8, 2017
Test Invite: November 21, 2017
FP Request: December 4, 2017 (Taken and sent December 8,2017)
Test Date: December 5, 2017
Decision Made: December 28, 2017
Oath Invite: February 15, 2018
Oath Date: March 13, 2018

City: Vancouver
Type: Single
Physical presence days: 1473

Reactions: CanadianSoonToBe

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I finally received the oath invite. Can you update the spreadsheet please?

Application Sent: June 16, 2017 (Friday)
Application Delivered: June 21, 2017 (Wednesday)
AOR: August 1, 2017 (Tuesday)
In Process: August 8, 2017
Test Invite: November 21, 2017
FP Request: December 4, 2017 (Taken and sent December 8,2017)
Test Date: December 5, 2017
Decision Made: December 28, 2017
Oath Invite: February 15, 2018
Oath Date: March 13, 2018

City: Vancouver
Type: Single
Physical presence days: 1473
Updated. Congrats!!