+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

lene375

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
20-01-2011
File Transfer...
20-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Passport Req..
22-03-2012 (date of letter) 19-04-2012 (letter rcvd) PP Sent: 23-04-2012 DM: 17-07-2012 (e-cas)
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2012(Issue Date on Visa) Visa Received: 23-04-2012
LANDED..........
September 2012
  1. We sent you a notice on August 30, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 25, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Please update. Thanks!

Reactions: CanadianSoonToBe

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
FP can be requested anytime. It is normal in the process. Some applicants in earlier months have received FP request after the test as well. They can ask anytime for FP before they schedule the candidate for OATH.
I did not get any update on my ecas on the FP request only test invite , is it normal?

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Hi I went to my local police station and then rcmp sent me the fingerprints back a week later I mailed it to ircc today
When you mailed it back did you write your UCI number / Application number on the envelop. Also did you open the envelop which you receive from RCMP by mail?

I will be going tomorrow to get mine done, and as per my discussion with the local police station is that RCMP will mail me back and I have to send it to IRCC.

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
  1. We sent you a notice on August 30, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 25, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Please update. Thanks!
Congrats..

ivylane

Oct 17, 2015
When you mailed it back did you write your UCI number / Application number on the envelop. Also did you open the envelop which you receive from RCMP by mail?

I will be going tomorrow to get mine done, and as per my discussion with the local police station is that RCMP will mail me back and I have to send it to IRCC.
Hi I did open the envelope I sent a letter with it I wrote my UFO number on the letter and I also attached the letter I received from itxx.

ivylane

Oct 17, 2015
Hi I did open the envelope I sent a letter with it I wrote my UFO number on the letter and I also attached the letter I received from itxx.
Sorry misspelling I wrote my uci number on the letter plus I also attached the letter that I had received from the ircc requesting the fingerprints.

seth2015

Jun 3, 2015
Question for anyone who has written the test... Are there a lot of people at the same time when writing a test?
I am thinking if some of the delays in getting test dates is because they want to get couple of people in at the same time, rather than calling one or 2

Just a thought...

cadguy

Jul 19, 2017
Anyone's online ECAS not showing up after you input in your information? I used to be able to check my ECAS until a few days ago, and the last time it showed that my application was "in process".

I double-checked to make sure I put in the correct UCI number, and all the other information was correct, but the website said they couldn't find my file.

BigA

Jun 26, 2017
I got finger printing request for my wife. The request says you can get it done by any accredited agency. I got it done through
Commissionaires.The finger prints are going to be submitted to RCMP. Once done, send the FP proof ( you will get a copy of the finger prints ) to the office that requested your FP. I got this information from IRCC. The letter did not mention that I have to send the FP proof to the office that had requested FP. I contacted RCMP after a week at CCRTIS-SCICTR@rcmp-grc.gc.ca. The following information is mandatory while sending the request for status.
DCN#:
Full Name:
Date of birth:
Type of application:
Date of submission:
Phone number:

What is a DCN. I can't find any but I believe u r talking abt TCN. It is on the finger printing paper received from the commissionaires. Please help

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
What is a DCN. I can't find any but I believe u r talking abt TCN. It is on the finger printing paper received from the commissionaires. Please help
DCN# is Document Control number it is a 20 digit number unique to each set. It will be in your papers if not call up your finger printing agency and they will give you the DCN.

kg_bang

May 6, 2011
Regina
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
submitted with application
AOR Received.
1st AOR on 28-07-2011, 2nd AOR 23-08-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
22-08-2011
Med's Request
13-12-11
Med's Done....
26-12-11
Interview........
waived.........
Passport Req..
13-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
3/2/12
LANDED..........
21st June, 2012
Hi,

There is following addition in my "in process" status.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 20, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on August 10, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on September 1, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I am thinking its finger print request. Its updated in my spouse's and my status.

Could this be anything else other than FP request?
How long usually it will take for mail to reach us as I am travelling on Sep 12th for 2 months and this is a long weekend?

TIA!

kg_bang

May 6, 2011
Regina
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
submitted with application
AOR Received.
1st AOR on 28-07-2011, 2nd AOR 23-08-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
22-08-2011
Med's Request
13-12-11
Med's Done....
26-12-11
Interview........
waived.........
Passport Req..
13-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
3/2/12
LANDED..........
21st June, 2012
65$ is expensive. I read it somewhere that if it is for citizenship there is no $25 RCMP fees. I was finding the rates in GTA and it is about $50. Cheapest one I got is from Peel Police its $27. They said for citizenship fingerprint if requested by IRCC there is no RCMP fees to it.

Here is the Link where I read about RCMP fees.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/processing-fees-criminal-record-and-vulnerable-sector-checks

The federal processing fee is $25 CAN for each criminal record and/or VS check. Payment will be collected by the police service or the accredited company for electronic transactions. If your fingerprints must be submitted on paper, the RCMP will accept certified cheques, money orders or American Express Travelers cheques made to the Receiver General for Canada. This fee is in addition to any local service fees required for fingerprinting by a police service, RCMP detachment and/or an accredited fingerprinting company. These fees are not regulated nationally.

You must pay the federal processing fees if you are in one of the following situations:

• You are adopting a child, in Canada or overseas
  • You are traveling and need a visa, a US Waiver, or a border crossing document
  • You are applying for a job with a private business or the municipal/provincial government
  • You are applying for a record suspension (formerly pardon)
  • You are applying for student placement
  • You are applying for a name change
  • You are living with a vulnerable person who requires a record check be done on you
  • You are sponsoring a family member to come to Canada
You do not pay the federal processing fee if you need a record check for one of the following situations:

• You are applying for Canadian citizenship
  • You are applying to immigrate to Canada
  • You are applying for a job in the federal government (this is requested by your departmental security officer)
  • You are applying to join a Canadian police force (when requested by the police force)
  • You are making a request under the Privacy Act
  • You are applying to do volunteer work in Canada Footnote*
Thanks for this info.