+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
We sent you a notice on August 28, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 11, 2017 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.
Congratulations... Updated on the tracker

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Is it normal to receive FP request and test invite in 2 days difference?
FP can be requested anytime. It is normal in the process. Some applicants in earlier months have received FP request after the test as well. They can ask anytime for FP before they schedule the candidate for OATH.

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
Good you got it done... how did you go about getting it done. Where did you go to do it? Will RCMP send it directly to IRCC or they will mail it to you?
I got it done locally in Niagara falls, They said RCMP will send it directly to IRCC. Hope its that way.

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
FP can be requested anytime. It is normal in the process. Some applicants in earlier months have received FP request after the test as well. They can ask anytime for FP before they schedule the candidate for OATH.
Ok, Thanks . You have been really an asset for the forum.

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
We sent you a notice on August 28, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 11, 2017 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.
Congratulations rustic. You never know we might have the chance to take the oath on September 18 (Lol)

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
65 $ includes 25$ for RCMP fees. If you are in GTA then opt for Commisionaries , its better as they transmit the result within minutes to RCMP.
65$ is expensive. I read it somewhere that if it is for citizenship there is no $25 RCMP fees. I was finding the rates in GTA and it is about $50. Cheapest one I got is from Peel Police its $27. They said for citizenship fingerprint if requested by IRCC there is no RCMP fees to it.

Here is the Link where I read about RCMP fees.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/processing-fees-criminal-record-and-vulnerable-sector-checks

The federal processing fee is $25 CAN for each criminal record and/or VS check. Payment will be collected by the police service or the accredited company for electronic transactions. If your fingerprints must be submitted on paper, the RCMP will accept certified cheques, money orders or American Express Travelers cheques made to the Receiver General for Canada. This fee is in addition to any local service fees required for fingerprinting by a police service, RCMP detachment and/or an accredited fingerprinting company. These fees are not regulated nationally.

You must pay the federal processing fees if you are in one of the following situations:

• You are adopting a child, in Canada or overseas
  • You are traveling and need a visa, a US Waiver, or a border crossing document
  • You are applying for a job with a private business or the municipal/provincial government
  • You are applying for a record suspension (formerly pardon)
  • You are applying for student placement
  • You are applying for a name change
  • You are living with a vulnerable person who requires a record check be done on you
  • You are sponsoring a family member to come to Canada
You do not pay the federal processing fee if you need a record check for one of the following situations:

• You are applying for Canadian citizenship
  • You are applying to immigrate to Canada
  • You are applying for a job in the federal government (this is requested by your departmental security officer)
  • You are applying to join a Canadian police force (when requested by the police force)
  • You are making a request under the Privacy Act
  • You are applying to do volunteer work in Canada Footnote*

Reactions: kg_bang

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
65 $ includes 25$ for RCMP fees. If you are in GTA then opt for Commisionaries , its better as they transmit the result within minutes to RCMP.
$25 not a big issue. But I feel we should really complain if they charged any one on the name of RCMP fees, as that money is not gone to RCMP it is in their pocket.

Once you get your Oath send a formal letter out to RCMP and mention them the agency name who charged you $25 RCMP fee for citizenship. :)

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
$25 not a big issue. But I feel we should really complain if they charged any one on the name of RCMP fees, as that money is not gone to RCMP it is in their pocket.

Once you get your Oath send a formal letter out to RCMP and mention them the agency name who charged you $25 RCMP fee for citizenship. :)
Did not check , just called and went ahead with it. I did not confirm about the RCMP fees with them i assumed. So its my fault i should have double checked. Good you mentioned it will help other in the future. I just wanted avoid travelling to Hamilton and the place was nearby and 15 mins.