+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

KrisR

Star Member
Dec 10, 2008
Hi ,
My ECAS has been updated with a Test Invite for Oct 24.
Can you please update the tracker. Thank you and Best of luck to all of us
Regards,
Krishna

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ,
My ECAS has been updated with a Test Invite for Oct 24.
Can you please update the tracker. Thank you and Best of luck to all of us
Regards,
Krishna
Congrats!
So your ECAS got updated but you did not get e-mail? Is it because the invitation is in transit through regular mail?

Canehdian Girl

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Hi,
I have been following the forum for a while, kindly add my details to the spreadsheet:
Physical Presence: 1600+
Application sent : June 13, 2017
Application delivered: June 20, 2017
AOR: July 20, 2017
In Process: August 07, 2017
Office: Calgary, family
Hoping the test invite will come soon

Thank you

darwaish

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just noticed the "averages comparison" sheet in
Https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/edit?ts=596ceb32#gid=2108303348
Great idea though these time averages are comparable until file is transferred to local office (once status becomes in process)
After that the timeline is entirely different for different cities etc and aggregate averages are quite misleading. (even Calgary and Edmonton are not comparable)
A more interesting calculation would be pick up 15 main cities and generate a city wise average over last one year.
Thanks

cadguy

Jul 19, 2017
Anyone else who received AOR around mid July, and ECAS in process end of July receive invite for test yet? Is it me or it seems that everything has slowed down?

sogood

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
27-03-2012
Med's Done....
19-04-2012
Passport Req..
22-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013
Please update

We sent you a notice on August 23, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 17, 2017 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment,
Please update

Ghost13

Apr 30, 2017
Toronto
Please update

We sent you a notice on August 23, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 17, 2017 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment,
Please update
So glad for you. Congrats! It's updated.

Reactions: sogood

Shaikhzees

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Dear All,

How do you define "In Process ecas" - what does it actually mean.
Today when i log in to check my application status, it states:
  1. "We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 12, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 19, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on July 25, 2017."
Now if you ask me, i have received the acknowledgement that the application was received, and this letter was dated July 19th.
after that, there has been total silence.

So what happens next and also what's the "In Process ecas" date?
Guide me please.

Thanks to all the contributions to this thread.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

1. "We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 12, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 19, 2017.
Now if you ask me, i have received the acknowledgement that the application was received, and this letter was dated July 19th.

Guide me please.

This is what they write on CIC:

What does the CAS case status in process mean?
“In process” means that a case processing centre or visa office has received an application but has not finalized it yet. Therefore, for the rest of the application processing time, Client Application Status (CAS) will show the application’s status as “in process.”

So it means they started processing your file on July 25th. Once you pass basic eligibility checks, they will invite you for test.

Reactions: Shaikhzees

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Dear All,

Guide me please.

The third line is what 'In Process' is, so even though they acknowledged receipt of your application on the 19th, they started processing it on the 25th. ECAS is just the electronic application status which is what you see online like you posted.

Next step would be they sending you an invite for a test unless there is some other documentation they require. You would get a letter in your mail before which they would also update it online. So now you just need to be patient and wait. Good luck! :)

Reactions: Shaikhzees