+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

darwaish

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I need an opinion. I applied for citizenship in June from Mississauga .My application is in process from 31 July. My PR is Valid till 17 Feb. I have a plan to travel in November 17 and Jan 2018 for 1 month each time .
I wud like to know. :
1.should I apply for renewal of PR as it is less than 6 months. ? I don't know how much time my citizenship application wud take!
2. Does it affect my citizenship application process. ?
3. If while my PR application in proces if I travel - does it affect. ?
Read http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-application-process-affected-by-recent-pr-card-renewal.477920/#post-5825704

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Sorry misspelling I wrote my uci number on the letter plus I also attached the letter that I had received from the ircc requesting the fingerprints.
Thanks for the update... Will do the same as well. I did my fingerprints... waiting for RCMP to send it back to me.

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Hi,

There is following addition in my "in process" status.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 20, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on August 10, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on September 1, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I am thinking its finger print request. Its updated in my spouse's and my status.

Could this be anything else other than FP request?
How long usually it will take for mail to reach us as I am travelling on Sep 12th for 2 months and this is a long weekend?

TIA!
I believe you should receive it before Sep 12...

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Hi I need an opinion. I applied for citizenship in June from Mississauga .My application is in process from 31 July. My PR is Valid till 17 Feb. I have a plan to travel in November 17 and Jan 2018 for 1 month each time .
I wud like to know. :
1.should I apply for renewal of PR as it is less than 6 months. ? I don't know how much time my citizenship application wud take!
2. Does it affect my citizenship application process. ?
3. If while my PR application in proces if I travel - does it affect. ?
I would suggest as long as you plan to return back from your travel before Feb 17 you should be fine. as by that time i expect you should become a Canadian citizen.

kg_bang

May 6, 2011
Regina
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
submitted with application
AOR Received.
1st AOR on 28-07-2011, 2nd AOR 23-08-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
22-08-2011
Med's Request
13-12-11
Med's Done....
26-12-11
Interview........
waived.........
Passport Req..
13-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
3/2/12
LANDED..........
21st June, 2012

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
I found this on CIC website
How long will I wait between my citizenship test and the ceremony?

We will give you the results of your test right after you take it.

If you meet all the requirements for citizenship, including passing the citizenship test, we will invite you to a ceremony to take the Oath of Citizenship. Your ceremony will normally take place within six months after you pass the test.

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
I found this on CIC website
How long will I wait between my citizenship test and the ceremony?

We will give you the results of your test right after you take it.

If you meet all the requirements for citizenship, including passing the citizenship test, we will invite you to a ceremony to take the Oath of Citizenship. Your ceremony will normally take place within six months after you pass the test.

Haha thats insane... Don't worry they will invite for oath before 6 months.

kalkatta

Sep 5, 2017
Please list my application
June 5 sent
June 9 received
In process July 21
No test nothing, not sure how long it takes?
Total days: 1501
Office: Edmonton

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Please list my application
June 5 sent
June 9 received
In process July 21
No test nothing, not sure how long it takes?
Total days: 1501
Office: Edmonton
Added you to the tracker. Can you also please let us know Application Type (Single / Family) and also your AOR date so that can be updated in tracker as well.