+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2016 Citizenship Applicants

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rigly68 said:
Oh that is awesome news Michelle! So happy for you! Fingers crossed that you will get oath invite in the next days for this month!
Thank you so munch!!!

How was your oath ceremony?

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michelle00 said:
Thank you so munch!!!

How was your oath ceremony?
My journey is now complete :) :D. We just came home from a wonderful day and I am as of this afternoon proud Canadian Citizen!

The ceremony was really awesome, we had a great group of people in our ceremony. The atmosphere was amazing. Everyone was so happy and we couldn't stop smiling. Judge was great as well and the other two officials went above and beyond to make sure everyone was having a great experience.

So as one of the last ones in the June group I want to thank all of you again for the support and encouragement you gave me. I truly hope that the members still waiting for oath will soon enjoy the same experience!

Yxy.com

Oct 29, 2016
Citizenship Office: ottawa
App Mailed - june 27.2016
App Delivered - june 30 2016
AOR Received - July 13. 2016
In Process - July 26, 2016
Test invite - Aug 12, 2016
Test taken - Aug 26, 2016
Decision Made - Sep 02, 2016
Still waiting oath

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Rigly68 said:
My journey is now complete :) :D. We just came home from a wonderful day and I am as of this afternoon proud Canadian Citizen!

The ceremony was really awesome, we had a great group of people in our ceremony. The atmosphere was amazing. Everyone was so happy and we couldn't stop smiling. Judge was great as well and the other two officials went above and beyond to make sure everyone was having a great experience.

So as one of the last ones in the June group I want to thank all of you again for the support and encouragement you gave me. I truly hope that the members still waiting for oath will soon enjoy the same experience!
Congratulation to complete this journey.

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rigly68 said:

Congrats again!! so happy for you. Were you able to apply for passport on the same day or we have to wait for 2 business days as the website indicated? My Ecas changed last night saying they sent us a letter to take oath on Jan 6th. We bought tickets to go home for Chinese new year on Jan 19th, so we only have a few days to get passport and a Chinese visa.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michelle00 said:
Congrats again!! so happy for you. Were you able to apply for passport on the same day or we have to wait for 2 business days as the website indicated? My Ecas changed last night saying they sent us a letter to take oath on Jan 6th. We bought tickets to go home for Chinese new year on Jan 19th, so we only have a few days to get passport and a Chinese visa.
Couldn't apply for passport the same day :( . There were three ceremonies that day and I was in the last one so there was no chance I was entered in the system. I will try again this afternoon.... fingers crossed.

Congratulations on your oath invite! So happy your wait is also over!

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rigly68 said:
Couldn't apply for passport the same day :( . There were three ceremonies that day and I was in the last one so there was no chance I was entered in the system. I will try again this afternoon.... fingers crossed.

Congratulations on your oath invite! So happy your wait is also over!
Thank you! Please let me know if they'll take your application for passport today. I'm planning to apply for urgent passport with paying the extra $$$.

FCCPH77

Sep 22, 2016
good day all

I have done the test and interview on Friday, November 24th
and until now there are no changes in my status which still showing IP
the interview went very well and the officer advised me to wait for OATH invitation, and everything is good.
when should I expect status change and the oath invitation?
or do you think they will ask for more things ?

please advice

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FCCPH77 said:
good day all

I have done the test and interview on Friday, November 24th
and until now there are no changes in my status which still showing IP
the interview went very well and the officer advised me to wait for OATH invitation, and everything is good.
when should I expect status change and the oath invitation?
or do you think they will ask for more things ?

please advice
Hi,

Did the officer advise how long to expect the oath invite? I think it depends on how busy your local office is, I was told to wait for 1-3 months and some people in this forum were told 2-4 months. I don't think they'll ask for more info as they would've told you during the interview if they were.

FCCPH77

Sep 22, 2016
Michelle00 said:
Hi,

Did the officer advise how long to expect the oath invite? I think it depends on how busy your local office is, I was told to wait for 1-3 months and some people in this forum were told 2-4 months. I don't think they'll ask for more info as they would've told you during the interview if they were.
actually, the officer told me to wait 1-3 months for the OATH, my office location in Montreal, and he didn't ask me for more doc at all.
so you think I'm good, no?, just a matter of time

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FCCPH77 said:
actually, the officer told me to wait 1-3 months for the OATH, my office location in Montreal, and he didn't ask me for more doc at all.
so you think I'm good, no?, just a matter of time
I'm pretty confident that they won't ask you for more documents, you're all good. I believe the Montreal office is quite busy from what I've read. Don't worry, hopefully, your status will be changed to DM soon. Best of Luck!!

FCCPH77

Sep 22, 2016
Michelle00 said:
I'm pretty confident that they won't ask you for more documents, you're all good. I believe the Montreal office is quite busy from what I've read. Don't worry, hopefully, your status will be changed to DM soon. Best of Luck!!
thank you so much, all the best :)

Dlembewu

Jun 23, 2016
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michelle00 said:
Finally, my application status changed to Decision Made today, but just keep my fingers crossed they don't ask us to take oath in Jan/Feb when we're away
congrats see you on the 6th of January at the Oath ceremony :) in calgary ;D

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michelle00 said:
Thank you! Please let me know if they'll take your application for passport today. I'm planning to apply for urgent passport with paying the extra $$$.
I was able to apply for the passport yesterday afternoon, before the 48 hours. But I was not able to apply for urgent as they only do that now if you fly the next day :(. So now I am on pins and neadles if I will receive my passport in time... we are flying out this Sunday!