+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2016 Citizenship Applicants

malaspinace

Aug 30, 2016
Rigly68 said:
Did you file your applications together or separate? If you filed together then unless IRCC or you separate your file from your wife's file her file will effect your application process (oath) being completed.

"We will give you the results of your test right after you take it. If you pass and meet the other requirements for citizenship, we may give you a ceremony date at the same time we give you the results. If we do not, we will mail you a letter with the date and time of your ceremony.

The ceremony will usually take place within six months after your test. At the ceremony, you will take the Oath of Citizenship and get a citizenship certificate.

If you do not pass the written test, but meet the other requirements for citizenship, we will schedule you for a second test. If you do not pass the second test, we will send you a notice telling you to come to an interview with a citizenship officer.

The interview will last 30 to 90 minutes. At that interview, the citizenship officer will ask you the test questions orally so you have another chance to show that you meet all the requirements (including knowledge and language).

If you are asked to go to an interview, but you applied for citizenship with your family by sending your applications in the same envelope, we will process your application separately from your family's unless you want them to be processed together."

Source:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/cit-test.asp

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Michelle00 said:
Have you tried to mail a letter to CSIS, I'm just looking at their website, there's an option to enquire about the status of our security clearance https://www.csis.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php
No i didn't mail letter and CIC call center agent said there are so many types of security clearances some can take many months.

God knows which clearance she was talking may be from moon?

Any how now i am not worry my wife, daughter, sons all are citizens and i renewed my PR card.

Now enjoying the citizenship waiting periods.

Nov

Nov 28, 2016
Just wondering is it normal?

I passed the exam on August 18, 2016 in Vancouver, the officer says everything is ok, just wait 3-5 month.

No updates since then, the online system still shows in process. Haven't updated to the "decision made"

Application received June 10, 2016.

Start processing July 6, 2016.

Notice for exam and interview sent July 18, 2016.

Exam taken and interviewed August 18, 2016.

No update after that.

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nov said:

I passed the exam on August 18, 2016 in Vancouver, the officer says everything is ok, just wait 3-5 month.

No updates since then, the online system still shows in process. Haven't updated to the "decision made"

No update after that.
Did they ask you for fingerprints ?

hayabusa

Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nov said:

No update after that.
Call IRCC call center for the latest updates. Once i was told by cic call center agent that updating the ECASE is sort of a manual task for the cic officer.

As compare to mine your timeline were updated frequently. My ECASE is still stuck on fingerprint request though i have wrote/passed the test but so far there's no update on my ECASE :-\

I was also told the same, wait for 3-5 months but i was told the reason for that.

Nov

Nov 28, 2016
oldfriend said:
Did they ask you for fingerprints ?
No, they did not ask me for anything after the exam. Shall I receive a request for fingerprints after the exam? Thanks a lot.

Nov

Nov 28, 2016
hayabusa said:
Call IRCC call center for the latest updates. Once i was told by cic call center agent that updating the ECASE is sort of a manual task for the cic officer.

As compare to mine your timeline were updated frequently. My ECASE is still stuck on fingerprint request though i have wrote/passed the test but so far there's no update on my ECASE :-\

I was also told the same, wait for 3-5 months but i was told the reason for that.
Just called them. The call center told me the file is in process. I did not miss any communications, just wait.

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nov said:
No, they did not ask me for anything after the exam. Shall I receive a request for fingerprints after the exam? Thanks a lot.
No,you shouldn't expect fingerprints request if there is no need for them.

Nov

Nov 28, 2016
oldfriend said:
No,you shouldn't expect fingerprints request if there is no need for them.
Thanks. I called today and the calling center said it's still in process, just wait.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Nov said:
Thanks. I called today and the calling center said it's still in process, just wait.
Only few June applicants left for DM i think all of them due to security checks, otherwise everyone from June took oath also.

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nov said:
Yes , this is the easiest answer they have. Sometimes it makes you feel that they just don't want to bother themselves. They used to give lessons on patience .
Don't worry, we will get some good news soon

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally, my application status changed to Decision Made today, but just keep my fingers crossed they don't ask us to take oath in Jan/Feb when we're away

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michelle00 said:
Finally, my application status changed to Decision Made today, but just keep my fingers crossed they don't ask us to take oath in Jan/Feb when we're away
what about december :)
you never know..
best of luck

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michelle00 said:
Oh that is awesome news Michelle! So happy for you! Fingers crossed that you will get oath invite in the next days for this month!