+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2016 Citizenship Applicants

hayabusa

Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michelle00 said:
I thought RQs are usually issued after test/interview, this might be request for finger prints, not too sure. Hopefully, they're just requesting little things like a clear copy of one of your documents submitted.

Good Luck!
This is exactly what i am hoping for like minor things, will update you guys here once i have correspondence in a mail.
Thank you for your quick response Michell00

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hayabusa said:
This is exactly what i am hoping for like minor things, will update you guys here once i have correspondence in a mail.
Thank you for your quick response Michell00
Yes, please keep us updated, I'm curious to know what they're asking for. Even if it's fingerprints request, I don't think it will delay your application too much.

hayabusa

Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michelle00 said:
Yes, please keep us updated, I'm curious to know what they're asking for. Even if it's fingerprints request, I don't think it will delay your application too much.
You were right, it's fingerprint request :eek: but I'm not worried as i have been a law abiding immigrant.

Now i am wondering how long this citizenship process will take. I was expecting a faster processing but apparently Saskatoon office is way slower than other offices.
I could be wrong but i have heard that Saskatoon office conduct citizenship test only in the month of Jan and May.

One question i would like to ask here is that, having fingerprint request is it a normal request? where shall i assume my application, routine or a non-routine application?

Thank you in advance.

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hayabusa said:
You were right, it's fingerprint request :eek: but I'm not worried as i have been a law abiding immigrant.

Now i am wondering how long this citizenship process will take. I was expecting a faster processing but apparently Saskatoon office is way slower than other offices.
I could be wrong but i have heard that Saskatoon office conduct citizenship test only in the month of Jan and May.

One question i would like to ask here is that, having fingerprint request is it a normal request? where shall i assume my application, routine or a non-routine application?

Thank you in advance.
I found this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fingerprints-request-cics-new-delaying-tactic-t165974.0.html, one person said his friend got test invite after one and half month of sending the fingerprints.

hayabusa

Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michelle00 said:
I found this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fingerprints-request-cics-new-delaying-tactic-t165974.0.html, one person said his friend got test invite after one and half month of sending the fingerprints.
Thank you for sharing informative thread with me.

I think it's 50/50 type of a deal, for some folks it's a bad omen as their application went to non-routine path, only few application got test invites in 1.5 months.

I am not in any hustle as Saskatoon office already sucks in faster processing :p so i think i all is need is patience and off course some luck :'(.

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hayabusa said:
Thank you for sharing informative thread with me.

I think it's 50/50 type of a deal, for some folks it's a bad omen as their application went to non-routine path, only few application got test invites in 1.5 months.

I am not in any hustle as Saskatoon office already sucks in faster processing :p so i think i all is need is patience and off course some luck :'(.
Yes, I totally agree with you on this one. My online status is still showing In Progress after we took the test as they're still waiting for my security clearance. waiting for a few more month is not a big deal and I'm sure both of us will be fine since we never violated the law. Good Luck!

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Michelle00 said:
Yes, I totally agree with you on this one. My online status is still showing In Progress after we took the test as they're still waiting for my security clearance. waiting for a few more month is not a big deal and I'm sure both of us will be fine since we never violated the law. Good Luck!
How much time they usually they take for security clearance? For me test was done 9th sep online status still shows in progress only.

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heeradeepak said:
How much time they usually they take for security clearance? For me test was done 9th sep online status still shows in progress only.
no clue, I'm planning to call them if I don't get a test invite by the end of Dec. my case officer said he'll keep my file on his desk and check periodically.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am getting a little worried about oath invite. I see that applicants from Edmonton that took the test about two weeks after me have received their oath invite but my status is still "Decision made" since Sep 7th.
Now I am planning on going on vacation for 2 1/2 weeks in December and I need to inform IRCC of this vacation....my worry is though that once they receive the information my oath will be even further delayed?

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Please I need your help to complete my citizenship application.

- Do I have to put NA for every single box that I did not answer for example: 3B, 3B, 5B, 6D, 6E, 6F, 6M.
- For question 9F ( I will provide IELTS) what I should answer here, or Shall I leave it?
- For 6J (income tax information) Do I have to write the four consecutive years that are within six years Only?

I am also applying for my child (7yrs old)
- where I should write the NA for 8F question - parent section - Application for Minors (under 18)
- Do I have to answer question 12 or just leave it since my child is 7yrs old?
- Do I have to write NA in question 11 box if all answers under question 11 are NO.

Thank you.

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rigly68 said:
I am getting a little worried about oath invite. I see that applicants from Edmonton that took the test about two weeks after me have received their oath invite but my status is still "Decision made" since Sep 7th.
Now I am planning on going on vacation for 2 1/2 weeks in December and I need to inform IRCC of this vacation....my worry is though that once they receive the information my oath will be even further delayed?
I think you'll get your invite soon, I find it's different case to case depends on your case officer. Maybe your case officer is taking vacation time and you will get invited for Oath after the officer returns to the office.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Michelle. That could be a possibility but I am just on pins and needles as I was really hoping to get oath before I go on vacation. So I guess I will have to take my chances that me informing IRCC of the times I am not available might delay it further.....

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rigly68 said:
Thank you Michelle. That could be a possibility but I am just on pins and needles as I was really hoping to get oath before I go on vacation. So I guess I will have to take my chances that me informing IRCC of the times I am not available might delay it further.....

Let me know if IRCC is able to put a note on your file for the time you're going to be away. I'm planning a trip in Dec as well. When I took the test, the officer only asked for dates ppl are going to be away in the next three months, so they did write down on my file that I'll be away for 2 weeks in Oct. I was hoping that I will get invited before Dec and plus is not within the 3 months, so I didn't tell them about my plan for Dec

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will let you know Michelle. I am planning on sending a letter to the local office here and then follow up with a call as well.

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I changed my kid's name in Ontario and received certificate of Legal Name Change. When I submit the application of citizenship for my kid with the name change certificate, will it be considered as non-routine application or not?

Can anyone who has like kind situation address my question please? Thank you in advance.