+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2016 Citizenship Applicants

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dlembewu said:
So I did my test today , got 20/20 , lady said all is good but they havent got the fingerprinting clearance back yet so thats what they have to wait for before they proceed !!! Am I the only one who was randomly selected to do fingerprints???

I dont see anyone on the forum talking about finger prints!!

Thanks
I'm also from Calgary, they're still waiting for my security clearance from CSIS, but they didn't ask for my fingerprints, they received my husbands clearance, just waiting for mine. I'm not too worried about it because I'm not from a high risk country, hopefully, CSIS send them my report soon. The officer said there's a number of reasons for the delay and he doesn't anticipate a long wait for mine.

from the sound of it, i think they're also waiting for your clearance, I don't think CSIS checks are random, CIC ask for this for every applicant I think. Don't worry, just a bit of a longer wait for us. Good luck!

a4architecture

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
LAHORE,PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2010
Doc's Request.
SENT
AOR Received.
04-01-2011
IELTS Request
SENT
File Transfer...
14-04-2011
Med's Request
27-07-2011
Med's Done....
19-08-2011
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 18-05-2012, PPR-2: 21-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2012
LANDED..........
29-07-2012 happy since then..alhamdullah
Greetings everyone,

I am Back after 4 years.
Just an update. My application was delivered Yesterday morning.

Location - Mississauga
App Mailed - September 20, 2016
App Delivered - September 21, 2016
AOR Received -
In Process -
Cit Test invite -
Cit Test taken -
Oath -

Is anyone going to create tracking xls file (Spread sheet) so we all may update our application status as it progresses ?

OOW

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a4architecture said:
Greetings everyone,

I am Back after 4 years.
Just an update. My application was delivered Yesterday morning.

Location - Mississauga
App Mailed - September 20, 2016
App Delivered - September 21, 2016
AOR Received -
In Process -
Cit Test invite -
Cit Test taken -
Oath -

Is anyone going to create tracking xls file (Spread sheet) so we all may update our application status as it progresses ?
U welcome back! The link to the xsl sheet can be found on the first page of this thread.

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I have a question to the fellows with family applications who have already passed the test and interview.
Will the interview be held for the whole family together at the same time ? or each adult family member will be interviewed separately ?
Thanks

FCCPH77

Sep 22, 2016
Hello All

i have applied for the citizenship at June 30th by sending the doc to Sydney and i got the confirmation at June 24th then after my file start to be under process at August 5th and today i got a fingerprint request, which is with in almost 3 months.

any similar case ? how long it will take to get the invitation for the test ? and should i check with CIC if they got it from RCMP ?

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Michelle00 said:
I'm also from Calgary, they're still waiting for my security clearance from CSIS, but they didn't ask for my fingerprints, they received my husbands clearance, just waiting for mine. I'm not too worried about it because I'm not from a high risk country, hopefully, CSIS send them my report soon. The officer said there's a number of reasons for the delay and he doesn't anticipate a long wait for mine.

from the sound of it, i think they're also waiting for your clearance, I don't think CSIS checks are random, CIC ask for this for every applicant I think. Don't worry, just a bit of a longer wait for us. Good luck!
Waiting for security clearance means trapped for years

Thanks to liberals.

Dlembewu

Jun 23, 2016
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michelle00 said:

Thanks Michelle for that information. I guess we have little to complain abot seeing that the application process is faster now!! compared to 2015 applicants and beyonds . An extra one or two months is not a big deal :D

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dlembewu said:
Thanks Michelle for that information. I guess we have little to complain abot seeing that the application process is faster now!! compared to 2015 applicants and beyonds . An extra one or two months is not a big deal :D
Hi Dlembewu,

Have you done fingerprinting before for other applications? I just hope CSIS doesn't forget to send mine. fingers crossed

berkcalg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I would like to know if we need to have a Driver Licence with the current address during the interview if we would like to use it as an ID. Thanks.

Fkh

Sep 19, 2016
Hi everyone,
I mailed my application on June 24. Received on june 26. AOR on July 11 and in process since Aug 11.
My application is being processed in guelph,ON.
Does any one know why it is taking this long to invite me for the test?

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fkh said:
Hi everyone,
I mailed my application on June 24. Received on june 26. AOR on July 11 and in process since Aug 11.
My application is being processed in guelph,ON.
Does any one know why it is taking this long to invite me for the test?
Hi

I think there is no IRCC office in guelph, I have no idea under which IRCC office it in process, Test invites varies from 2-3 months depending on the local office.

Fkh

Sep 19, 2016
march2016 said:
Hi

I think there is no IRCC office in guelph, I have no idea under which IRCC office it in process, Test invites varies from 2-3 months depending on the local office.
I ma not sure. The reason I am thinking it is in process in Guelph is a CIC office which the oath ceremony is happening there.
Any one can help me to understand more?

FCCPH77

Sep 22, 2016
FCCPH77 said:
Hello All

i have applied for the citizenship at June 30th by sending the doc to Sydney and i got the confirmation at June 24th then after my file start to be under process at August 5th and today i got a fingerprint request, which is with in almost 3 months.

any similar case ? how long it will take to get the invitation for the test ? and should i check with CIC if they got it from RCMP ?
Hi friends
Anyone have an answer?

hayabusa

Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi members,

Today my ecas updated with the following point:

"We sent you correspondence on September xx, xxxx. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."

I am not sure what this is about as I haven't received this in a mail yet so i am wondering what this correspondence would be. My application is in process since July 13,2016. My local office is Saskatoon.

My 10 cents are, this could be an RQ? question i wanna ask from senior members is that, is this non routine thing? suggestions and thoughts are quiet welcome :)

Thanks

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hayabusa said:
Hi members,

Today my ecas updated with the following point:

"We sent you correspondence on September xx, xxxx. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."

I am not sure what this is about as I haven't received this in a mail yet so i am wondering what this correspondence would be. My application is in process since July 13,2016. My local office is Saskatoon.

My 10 cents are, this could be an RQ? question i wanna ask from senior members is that, is this non routine thing? suggestions and thoughts are quiet welcome :)

Thanks
I thought RQs are usually issued after test/interview, this might be request for finger prints, not too sure. Hopefully, they're just requesting little things like a clear copy of one of your documents submitted.

Good Luck!