+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2016 Citizenship Applicants

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ranasahib said:
yes I also saw this morning, its me no more oath until next month 18.i think according to there website only one oath in a month, is this true? I hope you and me will be next.
That would be nice!

Ms.kaka

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i check their website also, it seems, only September 16 for this month their oath taking here in Calgary. ??? ??? ??? Yes, it is 3 weeks already, no invitation letter for me.

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We passed the test, but they're still waiting for my security clearence, they got my husband, but not mine.

kaka, the officer said to expect the oath invite in 1-3 months, so I think you should get it in the week coming. The officer said my would probably be towards the end of the 3 month because of the security clearence.

OOW

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michelle00 said:
We passed the test, but they're still waiting for my security clearence, they got my husband, but not mine.

kaka, the officer said to expect the oath invite in 1-3 months, so I think you should get it in the week coming. The officer said my would probably be towards the end of the 3 month because of the security clearence.
Congrats Michelle00!!! You're welcome to the citizenship ceremony waiting list. What's very certain is that the Oath will happen this year unfailingly.

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OOW said:
Congrats Michelle00!!! You're welcome to the citizenship ceremony waiting list. What's very certain is that the Oath will happen this year unfailingly.
Thanks OOW, hope we can get oath soon

ESOUJERI

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
2010 to Warsaw
Med's Request
Aug 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
A QUESTION:

I do NOT have the old passports for the period BEFORE becoming PR and landing.
I only have the one with Immigration visa & landing, but none of the passports from before...
I mean, does the officer ask for passports from very old times, before landing to Canada? Will that be an issue?

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ESOUJERI said:
A QUESTION:

I do NOT have the old passports for the period BEFORE becoming PR and landing.
I only have the one with Immigration visa & landing, but none of the passports from before...
I mean, does the officer ask for passports from very old times, before landing to Canada? Will that be an issue?
Hi,
Old passport is not required, I took my old passport to the interview, the officer gave it back to me and said it's out of the date range and they don't need to see it. My case officer was really nice and polite, also answered some of my questions.

ESOUJERI

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
2010 to Warsaw
Med's Request
Aug 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
Thank you Michelle,

Is it true that non-English stamps must be translated into English?
Do they really care about that?
Note: I have never travelled abroad after landing, except one "same-day return" to USA.
All non-English stamps belong to BEFORE landing era.
Please let me know, I will prepare it if needed.

Michelle00 said:
Hi,
Old passport is not required, I took my old passport to the interview, the officer gave it back to me and said it's out of the date range and they don't need to see it. My case officer was really nice and polite, also answered some of my questions.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ESOUJERI said:
Thank you Michelle,

Note: I have never travelled abroad after landing, except one "same-day return" to USA.
If they are on the passport you will be presenting then having the non English stamps translated might be a good idea just to be on the safe side.

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ESOUJERI said:
Thank you Michelle,

I don't think you need to translate your stamps unless they're in Arabic. If they have numerical numbers for dates on there, you should be ok. In your case, the dates before landing should be considered out of the date range. I don't think they're even on your physical presence calculator submitted to CIC, right?

My local office is Calgary, the officers there are very nice. I actually had all my stamps translated and they didn't need to see it, I asked whether or not he needs it when he was verifying the dates in my passport to the dates I submitted and he said no and he only needs to see translations for Saudi stamps because the dates are written in Arabic.

It might be a good idea to get some opinion from people who've done the interview in Montreal, I know each office acts differently.

ben2016

Jun 28, 2016
Hi,

I just found out my ECAS changed to Decision Made. If they send out oath invitation letter, does it show on line?
----------------------
Application sent:June 10
Application received: June 13
AOR: July 7
Test date: Sep 7
ECAS: Sep 16
Oath invitation letter:

b52shot

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the non-English/French dates are in the passport you have to show during your interview then YES you need to translate them even if they fall before the landing date. Why ? Simply because they have no idea whether these dates are before or after landing date if they are not translated !

Michelle00 said:
I don't think you need to translate your stamps unless they're in Arabic. If they have numerical numbers for dates on there, you should be ok. In your case, the dates before landing should be considered out of the date range. I don't think they're even on your physical presence calculator submitted to CIC, right?

My local office is Calgary, the officers there are very nice. I actually had all my stamps translated and they didn't need to see it, I asked whether or not he needs it when he was verifying the dates in my passport to the dates I submitted and he said no and he only needs to see translations for Saudi stamps because the dates are written in Arabic.

It might be a good idea to get some opinion from people who've done the interview in Montreal, I know each office acts differently.

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
b52shot said:
If the non-English/French dates are in the passport you have to show during your interview then YES you need to translate them even if they fall before the landing date. Why ? Simply because they have no idea whether these dates are before or after landing date if they are not translated !
They could read the dates as long as they're written in numerical, not in another language i.e. 2016-09-16. That's what my case officer said. However, I do agree to get them translated if the applicant is concerned just in case they ask to see it.

Ms.kaka

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally guys, This is it!

I checked my ecas today..

We sent you a notice on September 13, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 30, 2016 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Thanks Ranasahib for the heads up.I really thought my oath taking will be longer than I expected.