+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2016 Citizenship Applicants

suwail

Star Member
Mar 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application was returned :mad: They wanted an explanation of the 2 months gap between my 2 recent passports. They are also looking for my passport for the 6 year period preceding since I became a PR (2011). So I sent a copy of my old passport with validity date from 2004-2009 along with the gap explanation today. Fingers crossed!!! :p

idris_halai

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Toronto
suwail said:
My application was returned :mad: They wanted an explanation of the 2 months gap between my 2 recent passports. They are also looking for my passport for the 6 year period preceding since I became a PR (2011). So I sent a copy of my old passport with validity date from 2004-2009 along with the gap explanation today. Fingers crossed!!! :p
Hi,

What did you explain to them about the gap, I think I am going to get my application back since I have applied with my little one, he has gap of 8 months between two passports, I just applied late bcz we had no travel plan last year.

Thanks

suwail

Star Member
Mar 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
idris_halai said:
Hi,

What did you explain to them about the gap, I think I am going to get my application back since I have applied with my little one, he has gap of 8 months between two passports, I just applied late bcz we had no travel plan last year.

Thanks
I told them the gap is the passport renewal processing time. The processing takes around ten (10) to twelve (12) weeks and it was also mentioned in our embassy website which I also provided.

allawy86

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
suwail said:
I told them the gap is the passport renewal processing time. The processing takes around ten (10) to twelve (12) weeks and it was also mentioned in our embassy website which I also provided.
When did you send your Aplication? They received my application in June 15 not process yet so I am assuming they will send it back.

suwail

Star Member
Mar 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
allawy86 said:
When did you send your Aplication? They received my application in June 15 not process yet so I am assuming they will send it back.
You can see my timeline here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HO2bMpPOII6R0N7q3oULrAgA27LJYaz3l9fMWcGaOms/edit#gid=0

OOW

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Checked my status today: It reads "We started processing your application on July 11, 2016". AOR received on July 7 2016. In-process on July 11

Dlembewu

Jun 23, 2016
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys how long does it take before one can check the status of their application online , I received my AOR yesterday

Ms.kaka

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dlembewu said:
guys how long does it take before one can check the status of their application online , I received my AOR yesterday

Just wait for 2-3 days after you had received AOR, then check your online status.

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Dlembewu said:
Congrats !! when was your app received by CIC ?