+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JUNE 2014 OUTLAND applicants

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
Hi evryone,

I Have been quietly and patiently waitingbto hear someth but no email no mail no call and my application was for june 23rd, its 60 days no my spouse call they told him who was dealing with the application bu5 said it wasstill p4ocessing and thry will tell hij if he needs to send in additional info he has to wait,, is this making sense should it take this long????

rav_29

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Visa Office......
new dehli
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2018
AOR Received.
June 21 ,2018
Passport Req..
in process since july 23 2018
I know its frustrating. I called thia morning too and they said they are working on it.

Jun 5, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
Hi Guys, first of all congratulations to everyone with SA.

Our application was received June 9th, but we still do not have SA. Both the sponsor and the applicant have client ID numbers, and says our file was received on June 9th, and our medical results have been received.

We have called the call centre a few times and all we have been told by CIC is that they are processing the application, and that they are waiting for background checks. Is there additional checks that CIC perform during Sponsorship Approval that we weren't aware of? We have submitted all background checks for countries resided in for more than 6 months. Has anyone heard any of similar cases during Sponsorship?

Is there anything else we can do to speed up the process or to get more information? Any help is greatly appreciated.

TylerAsu

Apr 29, 2014
Buenos Aires
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun. 19th, 2014
AOR Received.
Aug. 18th, 2014
File Transfer...
Aug. 18th, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 20th, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb. 9th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 20th, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb. 27th, 2015
rhcohen2014 said:
if the visa office is closed, the file can't be transferred there, as there is nowhere to send it to. just relax and celebrate getting through the first stage.
Apparently they can and probably have (according to two reps at the call center). According to the reps' estimates, it would be delayed by around a month :/ Still happy I've been approved, but a little astounded that whose ever job it is to forward applications to VOs can make such a stupid mistake.

misseliza

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-June-2014
File Transfer...
7-Aug-2014
Med's Done....
14-May-2014
Interview........
26-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2014
VISA ISSUED...
5-Jan-2015
TylerAsu said:
Apparently they can and probably have (according to two reps at the call center). According to the reps' estimates, it would be delayed by around a month :/ Still happy I've been approved, but a little astounded that whose ever job it is to forward applications to VOs can make such a stupid mistake.
Agreed. Granted people make mistakes, but this is a big one and we already have to wait long enough as it is. Wish they could compensate you somehow for their mistake!!!!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
TylerAsu said:
since they know they made the mistake, i've read in other instances there is the possibility they will keep it in queue based on the date it's considered "received" by cic, so it many not be put at the back of the line once it gets to the right place. generally, the applications are batched by that specific date, so if it gets there before they start processing apps from that month, it could very well get processed correctly. fingers crossed for you!

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
In process as of 23 Jul 2015. COPR received 22 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
?
Received our SA on the Thursday the 21st. Woooooohooooooo. Could not be more happy :). Now it's off to London and an 11 month wait!

maulikinjal

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23, 2014
AOR Received.
SA Recieved: August 19th 2014
Med's Request
IN PROCESS: January 2nd 2015
Med's Done....
June 15th, 2014
Interview........
DM: February 17th, 2015
Passport Req..
February 13th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 23rd,2015
ecas updated to DM under sponsorship and under permanent residence ut say medicals recieved.... :) :) :) :)

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
nonothavingfun said:
Hi Guys, first of all congratulations to everyone with SA.

Our application was received June 9th, but we still do not have SA. Both the sponsor and the applicant have client ID numbers, and says our file was received on June 9th, and our medical results have been received.

We have called the call centre a few times and all we have been told by CIC is that they are processing the application, and that they are waiting for background checks. Is there additional checks that CIC perform during Sponsorship Approval that we weren't aware of? We have submitted all background checks for countries resided in for more than 6 months. Has anyone heard any of similar cases during Sponsorship?

Is there anything else we can do to speed up the process or to get more information? Any help is greatly appreciated.
I think that if it says "medical results have been received", it means the file has been forwarded to the Visa Office, which means that there has been SA. Check the spreadsheet, usually medical results appear after SA. I don't know if this is an exact rule, but I think it means the sponsor was approved.

My husband didn't get an email for sponsorship approval. He called and it was an agent who told him he had already been approved and that we should expect a letter in the mail. It should be the sponsor who calls.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
lellen said:
I think that if it says "medical results have been received", it means the file has been forwarded to the Visa Office, which means that there has been SA. Check the spreadsheet, usually medical results appear after SA. I don't know if this is an exact rule, but I think it means the sponsor was approved.

My husband didn't get an email for sponsorship approval. He called and it was an agent who told him he had already been approved and that we should expect a letter in the mail. It should be the sponsor who calls.
having "medical results received" in ecas under the applicant doesn't necessarily mean they are done processing the sponsor's application. all it really means is that they entered the information into the system. to know for sure if they have finished processing the sponsor's app is to see a "decision made" under their side of ecas, to get the sponsor eligibilty letter or to call the CIC.

withhardshipcomesease

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
keeping with the theme of medicals...
I noticed on my ecas (I'm the sponsor) it says "Decision Made" on my side, and "Application Received" on my husband's side... but it doesn't show that medicals have been received.
Is this something I should be concerned about, or are there often delays in updating?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
withhardshipcomesease said:
keeping with the theme of medicals...
I noticed on my ecas (I'm the sponsor) it says "Decision Made" on my side, and "Application Received" on my husband's side... but it doesn't show that medicals have been received.
Is this something I should be concerned about, or are there often delays in updating?
no. even though most applicants' ecas say "medical results received" from the start, it is not a hard rule or means it needs to be any concern if your's doesn't say this. using ecas to determine ANYTHING about the process is not advised. ECAS is not reliable, and as you can see it is not consistent. not all visa offices or visa officers use it the same way. The only times you can really "trust" ecas is when the applicant changes to in process and decision made, and it's not even a guarantee your visa office will use it to keep you updated on your progress. there are some applicants who are never able to sign in, or their status never changes - even after being issued their visa. bottom line - don't worry. if there is an issue with the medical, your visa office will certainly let you know. more likely than not, you would have already known there was an issue because the doctor would have contacted the applicant for more testing.

maulikinjal

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23, 2014
AOR Received.
SA Recieved: August 19th 2014
Med's Request
IN PROCESS: January 2nd 2015
Med's Done....
June 15th, 2014
Interview........
DM: February 17th, 2015
Passport Req..
February 13th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 23rd,2015
I have a question. Now my VO that is New Delhi, India. they are sending automated email that they require PCC as well as fee reciept to all applicants. the applicants are saying that its just a follow up automatic generated email. and should be discarded. now my spouse's PCC got expired 10 after I resubmitted my file. is it a good idea to take that automated email seriously and ask my spouse to go do the PCC again?

crdadams

Aug 20, 2014
Edinbugh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Doc's Request.
28-10-2014
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question, I am living in Scotland, but am from Canada and sponsoring my partner who is from Scotland. I have gotten SA, but instead of forwarding my application to the London office it has been sent to Ottawa. Has anyone else had this or heard of this happening?

Kev1n

Nov 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014
AOR Received.
01/08/2014
File Transfer...
01/08/2014 ( 26/09/2014--AOR2)
Med's Request
14/10/2014
Med's Done....
17/08/2013
Passport Req..
14/10/2014
crdadams said:
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question, I am living in Scotland, but am from Canada and sponsoring my partner who is from Scotland. I have gotten SA, but instead of forwarding my application to the London office it has been sent to Ottawa. Has anyone else had this or heard of this happening?
Hi, Yes someone else just posted the same question, simular to yours thay, theirs should have gone to Vienna but went to Ottawa.