+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

sanacast

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Juners 2014,

This forum has become very quite on these days, I guess because almost everyone here has ended the journey!.

I saw a change today at the ecas system regarding the applications sent before April 2015 (ours), they say:

"These applicants can expect a decision by March 31, 2016 or 24 months after applying, whichever date comes first"

So this is somehow good news for all of us that are still waiting for test invites.

We know now for sure that we will have an answer by March 31, 2016!

deemsta

Apr 25, 2014
sanacast said:
I saw a change today at the ecas system regarding the applications sent before April 2015 (ours), they say:

"These applicants can expect a decision by March 31, 2016 or 24 months after applying, whichever date comes first"
Where exactly did you see that? My e-cas doesn't say this.

sanacast

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deemsta said:
Where exactly did you see that? My e-cas doesn't say this.
Not in your personal e-cas, you have to look for the section "Processing Times" outside in the main page.

They changed all that

Thanks

sanacast

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maganagreenboys said:
do you consider this a good news??? ???
I actually do, at least we know what to expect, before we were completely abandoned in the dark.

summer2014

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
So I took the oath at Scarborough center today. So proud to be a citizen of Maple leaf country.
I wish all of you who are still waiting for tests and oaths all the best.
Thanks so much for all of your inputs to the forum.
Good luck to all of you

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
summer2014 said:
So I took the oath at Scarborough center today. So proud to be a citizen of Maple leaf country.
I wish all of you who are still waiting for tests and oaths all the best.
Thanks so much for all of your inputs to the forum.
Good luck to all of you
congratulations to you :)

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello folks
did any body received oath invitation? did anybody ecase changed to decision made? please if any body passed the test from Calgary office please tell us about you ecase and frametime?
thank you

sanacast

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally,

Checked my mailbox today and got the Test Invitation for September 1st.
14 months after sending my documents!!!!

Time to celebrate folks

good luck to everyone.

Thanks

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
sanacast said:
Finally,

Time to celebrate folks

good luck to everyone.

Thanks
Hi There, I got my letter yesterday as well for test. Looks like yours and my timeline is similar and same office. After the test we should keep each other informed of oath date. I really hope all goes well on the day of test. Good luck to you!

citizen-2015

Aug 13, 2015
Hello,
I am new to this forum and I would like to share with you my process to citizenship
Apply: June 2014 (Single application)
AOR by email: Sep 2014
Absence in Canada: Jan to May 2015 (travelling to home country-sent mail to notify CIC)
March 2015: ecas updated a letter was sent to my address for citizenship test, then I sent a letter to CIC to explain from abroad.
April 2015: a second letter calling for the last chance for citizenship test (another letter was sent to CIC from abroad and a letter to appoint a friend as representative to contact CIC from within Canada)
May 2015: returned to Canada and sent an apology letter to CIC
June 2015: received test letter
July 2015: oath
I am from Montréal.
Good luck to you.

milestogo

Star Member
May 9, 2010
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 6, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 6, 2014.

We started processing your application on July 30, 2014.

We sent you correspondence on September 18, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

We sent you a notice on August 11, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 1, 2015 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

bishista1

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
Doc's Request.
In Process: 29 July, 2016
AOR Received.
AoR1 on 14-06-2016, AoR2: 02-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-07-2016
Med's Done....
25-03-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully by mid December 2016
Dear friends,
It's a great news that a day after I submitted my application to my MP TODAY i got mail in my mailbox requesting test date for Sept 4. It was after 15 months that the test date received. I had applied for citizenship on 29 June 2014. I had travel histories twice in the past and once during the application period back to my homeland. It must be delayed due to the travel history as some of my colleagues who had no travel history had already got the citizenship certificate 5 months ago.FYKI, my local office is Sydney... Thank you.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
People whose test dates are within the next 2 weeks, how are you studying? reading the guide CIC sent us, or using something else too. I feel time is limited to prepare. Those who took the test already, how was it and how much time did you allocate altogether in studying? Please advise. Thank you.

yuomap1120

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanacast said:
Finally,

Time to celebrate folks

good luck to everyone.

Thanks
Congrats!