June 2014 Citizenship Application.

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
51smoker said:
wow, that's a long journey. wish u get test invite soon
I'm very glad to write in this topic and participate in this topic because I need some advices if you could help me
first of all , I'm permanent resident of Canada , I landed in Canada in June 2010 , I stayed living in Montreal till august 2011 after that I went visit my family at my back home country it was a vacation for 45 days , I came back to Canada in September 2011 and moved to Calgary , I 'm still living in Calgary . I applied for my citizenship from Calgary in September 2013 . after that I went to visit my family at my home country, it was in October 2013 . I stayed in my home country till march 2014 it was long visit because my mom was sick. unfortunately , during my last visit to my country I lost all of my documents including my PR card , my social insurance number , my master card , my debit card , my Canadian driving license , my passport , my medical card and some other documents. I went to the police station in my country and I got a report that I lost all of my documents that was in February 2014, I applied for travel document to come back to Canada and I got it in march 2014, so I have now new passport of my country it is issued in February 2014 and I was lucky to come back to Canada in march 2014. when I came to Canada they sent me Rq in march 2014 and I filled it out and sent it to Cic in April 2014 , they needed it maximum 1 month to send it. but they need my old passport with stamps that I lost it but I sent with Rq some support document like police report from my home country, my medical report , my flights tickets, my study course record , taxes assessment and some other documents. my time line is application sent September 2013 , started processing January 2014 , Rq received march 2014 , Rq sent April 2014 . I'm now 21 month ago when I applied , I called Cic and they told me that I'm non routine application 36 month. I got cbsa report 2 month ago and some other documents to proof my residence in Canada from June 2010 till September 2013, I got some other documents from airlines company , my travel record from home country and I will send all of these document to support my file.
I would like to ask some questions
1 - lost of passport can affect my file and get refuse ? I tried to get all of documents to verify and prove my residence in Canada and I'm honest and truthful

2- I will be 36 month non routine application in September 2016 till this time I think I will meet with the Calgary judge but if I will pass the exam and the judge doesn't accept all of this proof and he refused my application what procedure can I take , I just expect the worst scenario?
3 proof like ( police report from my country , air line tickets , cbsa report, medical record , taxes report, study record, travel record from my home country, t4 , t5,lease of rent, bank statement , credit statements) all of these documents are not enough to convince cic officer or agent and the judge?
4- what I could do in case of the judge will refuse my application ? I should apply with the new law after 4 years?
I will be glad if you will answer me and give me some advices , I'm very patient and very glad to see your replies
kind regards

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
bishista1 said:
Me too waiting for update as the In Process started from September 2014 while applied in June 2014. So frustrating wait. Had u any travel histories?
Yes I've traveled quite a bit but provided all ins and outs of the country to them.

djsunman

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jennas said:
I just got my test invitation on June 29th for July 20th test.
Congratulations and my best wishes for your test and interview :)

Any more takers ???? :eek:

voot

Jul 9, 2015
Hi there

I just called CIC call centre twice to check my application's status and both times was told by the two different agents that they could not tell me what the status was as they cannot access the system before the processing time has passed :eek:. I actually had a bit of a jaw drop moment. I've called a few times before (in May last time I believe) and every time the agent was able to tell me the status, confirm that no mail (like test invite) had been sent to me, tell me what my local office is etc.
Was I just 'lucky' with those two agents today or have the rules changed at the call centre and it doesn't make any sense calling them anymore? :(
Has any of you guys experienced this?

cheers

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
voot said:
Hi there

I just called CIC call centre twice to check my application's status and both times was told by the two different agents that they could not tell me what the status was as they cannot access the system before the processing time has passed :eek:. I actually had a bit of a jaw drop moment. I've called a few times before (in May last time I believe) and every time the agent was able to tell me the status, confirm that no mail (like test invite) had been sent to me, tell me what my local office is etc.
Was I just 'lucky' with those two agents today or have the rules changed at the call centre and it doesn't make any sense calling them anymore? :(

cheers
I have called many times, and they tell me they can't go in the system and check the status. I dont even know my local office. What is your local office where file is transfered?

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Call centre is useless. ATIP is more helpful sometimes.

voot said:
Hi there

cheers

voot

Jul 9, 2015
Ibaadat said:
I have called many times, and they tell me they can't go in the system and check the status. I dont even know my local office. What is your local office where file is transfered?
Thanks
My local office is Mississauga. My file's been there since November 2014 with no news..

cic1987

Jun 24, 2015
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 9, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 9, 2014.
3. We started processing your application on August 6, 2014.
4. We sent you a notice on April 24, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 27, 2015 at 12:59 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. Received my oath letter in the mail July 8, 2015. Oath ceremony scheduled for July 29, 2015.

My entire process occurred in Edmonton. It was a single application in which one would generally classify as routine. I have used this forum quite a bit but never actually posted anything until I completed my entire process to give all of you a rough idea of the timeline. Once again, my application was pretty routine with no hold up's and/or interviews. I really wish the best for all of you, and hopefully your time will be coming soon. Thanks.

summer2014

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Im so happy this morning when i checked the Ecas. It changed to DM, another line added for Oath for July 30th. The letter was sent out July 9th. I have not received the letter though.
My test was on Mar 26th at Scarborough.
So like they say, the oath is within 2-4 months after test. So your turns will be soon.

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
summer2014 said:
Im so happy this morning when i checked the Ecas. It changed to DM, another line added for Oath for July 30th. The letter was sent out July 9th. I have not received the letter though.
My test was on Mar 26th at Scarborough.
So like they say, the oath is within 2-4 months after test. So your turns will be soon.
Congrats summer, you gave us more hope!