+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb said:
Just called CIC call center and the agent confirmed my oath is on 7th May (Thursday). They have prepared letter today and will be posting it today.

I have to travel by road on May-15. Earliest I can apply for passport (after two business days of oath) on Tuesday 12th in-person. I am sure I will not have my passport by 15th (in normal processing.)

So shall I travel to US by road with Passport+Copy of PR Card+Landing Paper+Driver's License+Citizenship Certificate?
Big congratulations man!
First applicant with email AOR to graduate!

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
Big congratulations man!
First applicant with email AOR to graduate!
Thank you buddy. Will still wait for e-Cas update or letter. I do not trust CIC agents :)
Looks like I will be paying for expedite passport.. Just received renewed PR card last week as I was not sure when this will be done

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
catchvb said:
So shall I travel to US by road with Passport+Copy of PR Card+Landing Paper+Driver's License+Citizenship Certificate?
Congrats, first of all. You cannot re-enter Canada with an invalidated COPR (CIC invalidates your PR status when you go for the oath). The Citizenship Certificate is not a travel document. Thus, you may travel to the US, but it's going to be one-way. Go to the Passport Office in person 2 business days after your oath and ask for the very fastest service and for pick-up. By May 14th you might get it...

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you. Just called CBSA office at Niagara Falls and the officer told me that if the ceremony has been just fews days back, carry your passport and citizenship certificate. He told me that it should not be an issue once they see the date on citizenship certificate although citizenship certificate is not a travel document. Border agents may ask you few questions but you will be good.

Stukapidli

Feb 5, 2015
Hi All

Hi All,

Me and my 2 other family members applied as single applicants in June 5, 2014. Till now had received nothing, and being Muslims, SouthAsians, as well as after living in a Arab country before this, we were sure our application would get delayed.

I was losing all hope when finally today my mom's letter for test came! She turned 55 after applying so I am hoping she doesn't have to give the test. Anyone who was in similar situation? I am going to call them in the morning to check as today their line was too busy and they said to call back later.

Mississauga applicants, dont lose hope! With luck, we will all hear from them soon. waiting to receive my letter! *fingers crossed*

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Application received June 9, 2014
Letter with study guide sent August 20,2014
Started processing Sept 2014
Mississauga

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
Congrats, first of all. You cannot re-enter Canada with an invalidated COPR (CIC invalidates your PR status when you go for the oath). The Citizenship Certificate is not a travel document. Thus, you may travel to the US, but it's going to be one-way. Go to the Passport Office in person 2 business days after your oath and ask for the very fastest service and for pick-up. By May 14th you might get it...
Thank you Empirical-Scientist.

Regarding travel using Citizenship Certificate, I found this from Border Services (Canada-USA) Government Website

""Though the preferred travel document for all travellers is a passport, please note that Canadian citizens may enter Canada by personal motor vehicle with proof of Canadian citizenship (Canadian birth certificate or Canadian citizenship certificate) plus a valid government-issued photo ID (ex. state or provincial driver's license).""

Source: http://can-am.gc.ca/consular_services_consulaires/border-frontiere.aspx?lang=eng#entry

I also called the CBSA office at Rainbow Bridge Niagara Falls and officer confirmed it that by Personal Vehicle it should be not be an issue. So looks like I will be applying passport through normal process :)

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
catchvb said:
Thank you Empirical-Scientist.

Regarding travel using Citizenship Certificate, I found this from Border Services (Canada-USA) Government Website

""Though the preferred travel document for all travellers is a passport, please note that Canadian citizens may enter Canada by personal motor vehicle with proof of Canadian citizenship (Canadian birth certificate or Canadian citizenship certificate) plus a valid government-issued photo ID (ex. state or provincial driver's license).""

Source: http://can-am.gc.ca/consular_services_consulaires/border-frontiere.aspx?lang=eng#entry

I also called the CBSA office at Rainbow Bridge Niagara Falls and officer confirmed it that by Personal Vehicle it should be not be an issue. So looks like I will be applying passport through normal process :)
Missed the "traveling by road" part -- that's fine. By plane is not fine :).

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
summer2014 said:
Plz let us know when Ecas gets updated w the oath notice, thank u
eCAS is not updated yet. I received test invite letter before my eCAS got updated. I think eCAS gets updated randomly or in my case 4-5 days after they send the letter.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Dear Citizenship Applicants Friends,

Good News....Good News.....Good News

My e-cas just changed last night & my oath will be on 12th May 2015 Tuesday 10.00AM

Did't receive letter yet, cause they said post it on 22nd April 2015.

Exact after one year journey ends.

Thanks everyone for your support & help.

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark_Anna said:
Dear Citizenship Applicants Friends,

Good News....Good News.....Good News

My e-cas just changed last night & my oath will be on 12th May 2015 Tuesday 10.00AM

Did't receive letter yet, cause they said post it on 22nd April 2015.

Exact after one year journey ends.

Thanks everyone for your support & help.
Congratulations.....