+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
passed my test today but i had a very hard time in my interview.the officer was an immigrant as us and she asked may be one hundred question.my interview took almost half an hour and everybody lift but me. i provided my Canada border report and a translation of my passport and she said she will read it at the office. i told her that my work covers four years not only three so, it is a very straight forward case but she did not stop asking. she said at the end every thing looks fine but she will go to the office and compare and recalculate and if everything is fine i will have test in 2-5 month. that means nothing as she did not confirm a case approval. i am sooooo disappointed and i do not deserve that as i have been working hard since i came here.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
passed my test today but i had a very hard time in my interview.the officer was an immigrant as us and she asked may be one hundred question.my interview took almost half an hour and everybody lift but me. i provided my Canada border report and a translation of my passport and she said she will read it at the office. i told her that my work covers four years not only three so, it is a very straight forward case but she did not stop asking. she said at the end every thing looks fine but she will go to the office and compare and recalculate and if everything is fine i will have test in 2-5 month. that means nothing as she did not confirm a case approval. i am sooooo disappointed and i do not deserve that as i have been working hard since i came here.
Sorry to hear what happened.

Remember, you will eventually get there. The path and the journey may not be what you hoped for. Hang in there. Sure you will hear something positive soon. I am also awaiting decision about my file as I am not sure whether the Officer approved it or not during the interview.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that is really awful. since how long are you waiting? do you have any reason that caused this delay of the decision? for me nooooo reason for that

goodman36 said:

Remember, you will eventually get there. The path and the journey may not be what you hoped for. Hang in there. Sure you will hear something positive soon. I am also awaiting decision about my file as I am not sure whether the Officer approved it or not during the interview.

Timha

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
Hi, don't take it personal. I had the same story same answer. She asked me to provide color copies of my 2 passes. And more then that she showed me where is the nearest place to do it. When I gave her back the copies, she told me exactly the same as you. 6 weeks later, no decision is made yet. Good luck.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Timha,

Are you saying you had the same lady as Om Saif or the same experience ? Was a bit confusing and couldn't tell... :-[

Timha

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
Timha,

Are you saying you had the same lady as Om Saif or the same experience ? Was a bit confusing and couldn't tell... :-[
No, for me it's Montreal. But the same story.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sorry to hear that. did think about ordering atip report ? i am thinking about ordering one in the next ten days so, i can know if it is approved or not
Timha said:
Hi, don't take it personal. I had the same story same answer. She asked me to provide color copies of my 2 passes. And more then that she showed me where is the nearest place to do it. When I gave her back the copies, she told me exactly the same as you. 6 weeks later, no decision is made yet. Good luck.

Trex25

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
om saif said:
sorry to hear that. did think about ordering atip report ? i am thinking about ordering one in the next ten days so, i can know if it is approved or not
From what I gathered the past 13 months, if you would get an RQ after the test, it would happen either at the spot during the interview, or within the fits week after the exam. If you receive nothing then it is a waiting game for que. So don't be too pessimistic about it. Sometimes the officers tend to be moody.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks,i am waiting

Trex25 said:
From what I gathered the past 13 months, if you would get an RQ after the test, it would happen either at the spot during the interview, or within the fits week after the exam. If you receive nothing then it is a waiting game for que. So don't be too pessimistic about it. Sometimes the officers tend to be moody.

Timha

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
ATIP report was one of the docs I provided when I applied.

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
goodman36 said:

Hey goodman36,

dont take it personal. I had the same feedback and spent 20+ minutes in my interview as they also ended it by saying we will recalculate everything and ask for another CBSA reports on all passports, pr, and landed doc. if all good, then we will be clear. (she never confirmed any approval).

I too was frustrated and was extremely disappointed, but three months later I have my Canadian "passport" in my hand :) I am sure you will get it soon, cool off and you should hear the good news soon :)

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
om saif said:
i meant the electronic note in your file so you can know their decision.
hi om saif,

I got to know about my approval when i called CIC office. I had to pull it out form them. I asked them (can you please read to me the last notes in my file: only then the rep told me, you were "granted the citizenship" and now it is a matter of scheduling the oath. Before asking that question, the CIC rep told me (you will have to wait as it takes up to 24 months to process the application!!!) That is how poor their customer service is~!!

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i really appreciate this piece of information. when do you think should i call?? after how long from the test??
Blackbook said:
hi om saif,

I got to know about my approval when i called CIC office. I had to pull it out form them. I asked them (can you please read to me the last notes in my file: only then the rep told me, you were "granted the citizenship" and now it is a matter of scheduling the oath. Before asking that question, the CIC rep told me (you will have to wait as it takes up to 24 months to process the application!!!) That is how poor their customer service is~!!

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
om saif said:
i really appreciate this piece of information. when do you think should i call?? after how long from the test??
Here is my final-period in my timeline :
my test was passed on OCT 30th, and I was granted the citizenship on DEC 15th and my ceremony was scheduled on FEB 3rd.

I got to know about my approval 1 month and 15 days after my test date.

i hope that helps