+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

Stukapidli

Feb 5, 2015
Folks, some of you mentioned the CBSA (am i saying it right?) report. Can someone explain what exactly it is and under which conditions you need to present it. Also how can you order one, what's the cost, and how long does it take? I'm guessing it's a list of your ins and outs from Canada? I haven't received a test letter yet, so does it make sense to order one from before? Or would they need something very current (in case my test date gets sent way down the line). FYI, I had ticked the box in my citizenship application which says they wil be able to contact CBSA to obtain the necessary information

Thanks!

-------------

Mississauga, ON
Applied June 5 2014
Application Received June 9 2014
Study Guide and Letter received- August 2014

Quebectau

Jun 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys!

I am really upset, since only today I could see on line, that they send me a letter on January 12 to do my test on Feb3!!

I NEVER receiveid this letter! Now I need to send a letter to the Montreal office!

And Wait!! Really upset! :-\

eduvit

Jan 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
Got passport today,i am sooooo happy. perfect for my trip to USA next month
Congratulation u4g5 !
Your journey end after 7.5 months, I hope mine will end soon. Good luck for you first trip to USA as a Canadian.

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stukapidli said:
Folks, some of you mentioned the CBSA (am i saying it right?) report. Can someone explain what exactly it is and under which conditions you need to present it. Also how can you order one, what's the cost, and how long does it take? I'm guessing it's a list of your ins and outs from Canada? I haven't received a test letter yet, so does it make sense to order one from before? Or would they need something very current (in case my test date gets sent way down the line). FYI, I had ticked the box in my citizenship application which says they wil be able to contact CBSA to obtain the necessary information

Thanks!

-------------

Mississauga, ON
Applied June 5 2014
Application Received June 9 2014
Study Guide and Letter received- August 2014
Correct. CBSA = Canada Border Services Agency

The CBSA report that we often reference here on this forum is the CBSA ICES traveller history report (or simply the CBSA traveller history). ICES stands for Immigration and Customs Enforcement System.

You can submit a request for your CBSA traveller history at http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-priv-eng.html. If you make your request under the Privacy Act (which is what you should opt for since you are requesting information about yourself), there's no fee.

Hope this helps.

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebectau said:
Hey guys!

I am really upset, since only today I could see on line, that they send me a letter on January 12 to do my test on Feb3!!

I NEVER receiveid this letter! Now I need to send a letter to the Montreal office!

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Trex25

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Sorry to hear that Qubectau :(

Friends, please enter your timelines in the below Google sheet which started in Jan of 2014. It will help build a statistical model for expecting next steps, and thus would, for example, give indications of when should you contact CIC. This could help in avoid situations like Qubatau's !

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au02r_J_VN90dHdrcDJyaWZYYW55d0hJMzJDNUFRaHc#gid=0

Good luck to all

Canad87

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Quebectau said:
Hey guys!

I know how you feel now, and appreciate that.
I feel sorry for your incident, best luck in the rest of your application

Timha

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My ecase updated:
We sent you a notice on December 16, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 20, 2015 at 8:30 AM.

Ok, I don't know why the update one month after the test. But let's hope that it's because they sent me the oath invite.

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
anyone received test invite letter after transferred to local office in Janurary?

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Citizenship Friends,
Waiting for my final Oath now @ Vancouver office. This is my timeline.

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on January 19, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 19, 2015 at 1:03 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

milestogo

Star Member
May 9, 2010
Mark_Anna said:

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on January 19, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 19, 2015 at 1:03 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.
Congrats!

What did they ask in july 7 letter as i also had same scenario and waiting for test date......

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
It was my legal name change certificate they asked for which I sent them

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
Mark_Anna said:

Citizenship

How was the test?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MARCH!!!!
ottawa is filled with good news, so hopefully they will arrive in AB/SK soon

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
poushi24,

If read Discover Canada book properly than the test is very easy....................I finished 30 minutes test in 10 minutes with 20 out of 20 correct