CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cocoottawa said:
Hello,

I received yesterday by mail.
I'm asked to come to the OTTAWA CIC office for a review of the original documents I submitted in support of my application, as well as all passports.No test because I'm 56.
That is a notification to appear for an interview with a citizenship officer on the 4th mars.

Excellent news but I have to contact CIC : I will run and conduct an educational conference to a New-York school from 3 to 7 of mars; I have a mission order. I wish it will ok to have a new appointment...
Dont reschedule unless you really have to. It will cause you delay and you may get an RQ. Not the end of the world but its something to think about.

laika

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone from Montreal who has done the test and received Oath? What are your timelines?

I applied in June 2014, had the test in January 2015, and no news since. I am planning on traveling in May and don't know what to do! uugghhh! :)

Timha

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laika said:
Anyone from Montreal who has done the test and received Oath? What are your timelines?

I applied in June 2014, had the test in January 2015, and no news since. I am planning on traveling in May and don't know what to do! uugghhh! :)
I took the test the same day as you and also waiting. I calles CIC last week they told me that they have till july to send the oath invite. Good Luck

grape70

Sep 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Timha said:
I took the test the same day as you and also waiting. I calles CIC last week they told me that they have till july to send the oath invite. Good Luck
I hate it when they say oath invitation can take up to 6months. It's been almost 3.5months since I took the test and all I hear is that I should wait. It's really frustrating....

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, how long does it take to receive the passport? I have PR thru family class( hubby is Canadian) and everybody is telling me that I will receive sooner then those who applied under skilled worker visa etc. cause I'm married to Canadian. Is that true? Thanks in advance.

Trex25

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Ibaadat said:
Is there a spreadsheet with timeline? Can someone please provide a link?
The Sheet link is below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au02r_J_VN90dHdrcDJyaWZYYW55d0hJMzJDNUFRaHc#gid=0

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pearl75 said:
Hi, how long does it take to receive the passport? I have PR thru family class( hubby is Canadian) and everybody is telling me that I will receive sooner then those who applied under skilled worker visa etc. cause I'm married to Canadian. Is that true? Thanks in advance.
you are in the wrong sub forum. check the immigration sub forum instead.
best of luck

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pearl75 said:
I don't think it is true. Every PR cardholder, regardless of how they got them, has to go thru same process / time line / eligibility for applying for Citizenship.

Under the new Bill to be implemented soon, their appears to be a provision for fast-tracking for Citizenship for PRs who have provided service with Canadian Armed Forces.

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goodman36 said:
I don't think it is true. Every PR cardholder, regardless of how they got them, has to go thru same process / time line / eligibility for applying for Citizenship.

Under the new Bill to be implemented soon, their appears to be a provision for fast-tracking for Citizenship for PRs who have provided service with Canadian Armed Forces.
The provision for fast-tracking Citizenship for PRs who have served (or are currently serving) in the Canadian Armed Forces is already in-effect.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/cit-changes.asp

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goodman36 said:

That is true. And also if your job requires citizenship or if you could loose your job because you do not have citizenship, process may be speeded up.
E.g. working in the army / police department

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got passport today,i am sooooo happy. perfect for my trip to USA next month

pravinsubu

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stukapidli said:
Any Mississauga applicants from U.A.E? Were any of you asked for your stamp translations during the application or during the interview?

I did a lot of travel in the beginning back and forth from Dubai to Toronto and wanted to know if I should bother getting them translated or wait for them to ask for it (it's a bit costly).

Lastly, have any of the Juners from Mississauga gotten their test dates yet?

-------------
Applied June 2014
Study booklet and letter September 2014
Test and Oath-Still waiting.
I did get my passport translated but that was only because I got RQ'd and it was a requirement. Also, UAE stamps are in english and arabic and I would not bother translating them unless they request you to provide it. The translation cost me $10 / stamp ( which was cheaper compared to the other locations that I found ). Good luck!! Hope I get some communication from CIC soon..:(

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Citizenship applicant friends,

Today I had a citizenship test at vancouver office. If you read book carefully that was very easy to give. Now I will wait for my oath.

Thanks

Stukapidli

Feb 5, 2015
pravinsubu said:
I did get my passport translated but that was only because I got RQ'd and it was a requirement. Also, UAE stamps are in english and arabic and I would not bother translating them unless they request you to provide it. The translation cost me $10 / stamp ( which was cheaper compared to the other locations that I found ). Good luck!! Hope I get some communication from CIC soon..:(
Thanks pravinsubu for the insight. Actually that's what I though too since they are in English AND Arabic but people that I knew from UAE got them translated so that's why was confused!