Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
I became proud Canadian since yesterday...The journey took 7 months and 3 days totally.

All the best for all here to get the citizenship soon...I will be still checking this discussion forum and provide details what I know.

Regards
Laxmikanth

Stukapidli

Feb 5, 2015
Hi there,

This is my first time here. I applied, along with my mom and sister, in June 5 2014. We got our study guides and letters in late august/early september 2014. After that, I haven't received any citizenship test information...From what I read here, most who applied in first week have already gotten citizenship. Anyone in same boat as me? Any information would help...I applied from Mississauga

Thanks!

milestogo

Star Member
May 9, 2010
Stukapidli said:
Hi there,

This is my first time here. I applied, along with my mom and sister, in June 5 2014. We got our study guides and letters in late august/early september 2014. After that, I haven't received any citizenship test information...From what I read here, most who applied in first week have already gotten citizenship. Anyone in same boat as me? Any information would help...

Thanks!
Almost same timeline here :

Received on June 6, 2014.
Called CIC last week to check they said file transferred in October to Mississauga. Nothing more yet

So waiting now

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
milestogo, seem you will be next soon since your file has been transferred to sauga office. i would give it 2 to 3 months to get your test invite :) wish you the best

milestogo

Star Member
May 9, 2010
Blackbook said:
milestogo, seem you will be next soon since your file has been transferred to sauga office. i would give it 2 to 3 months to get your test invite :) wish you the best
Thanks a ton Blackbook.............

I wish the same to all the Juners.......

bnkcitizen

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stukapidli said:
Hi there,

This is my first time here. I applied, along with my mom and sister, in June 5 2014. We got our study guides and letters in late august/early september 2014. After that, I haven't received any citizenship test information...From what I read here, most who applied in first week have already gotten citizenship. Anyone in same boat as me? Any information would help...I applied from Mississauga

Thanks!
I am also in the same boat.... waiting .. I think all family applications got delayed....

Stukapidli

Feb 5, 2015
milestogo said:

Called CIC last week to check they said file transferred in October to Mississauga. Nothing more yet

So waiting now

Oh okay, i am feeling optimistic reading other members' posts but I think the dates for citizenship tests get delayed in some regions...Hope to get the test date soon, really want to travel on my new passport! :p

Stukapidli

Feb 5, 2015
bnkcitizen said:
I am also in the same boat.... waiting .. I think all family applications got delayed....
bnkcitizen, did you put in separate application for each member or sent it together? We were advised to send as separate applications so that even if one person's application gets delayed, the others' files will move on. Me and my sister's study guide and letter came fairly fast by my mom's was quite delayed.

Keeping fingers crossed we all hear something soon!

xperiate

Jul 23, 2007
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
milestogo said:

So waiting now
Same for me too. CIC said file transferred to Vancouver in September. No news since then.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, just want to share my experience. it was a full house with 79 ppl becoming citizens.so only 1 that was absence.
The whole ceremony took 30 min max, the judge didnt say much but walked everybody through the oath , sang "o canada" and handed everybody the certificates. after taking a few pics with him, i am outta there by 2:40. and the ceremony started at 2 pm.
btw, the girl who sat next to me said it only took her 3 months to get her citizenship. she applied early november. so it can be very fast!!
YOUR time will come!!!!!!!!
have a good weekend guys