+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eltorpe said:
I just talked to a Call Centre agent about the second "letter line". He says there's no second letter, it's everything one would normally get when a test notice is sent but he mentioned something about some document that they normally send with the test notice that an applicant has to sign? He says if that doesn't come with the test notice then they would have me sign this when I go to the test. What is this document? Can someone shed some light please?
Just wanted to give an update: the form I received was CIT 0039 (Prohibitions under the Citizenship Act), the same one mentioned here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/test-invite-with-from-cit0039-is-this-normal-t266400.0.html

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
more than one location. they will mention the timing and location in the test invitation.
please if you hear anything, share with us.
thanks

Desert Lion said:
Ottawa citizenship test takers
What is the address for the citizenship test? where is the office where one have his citizenship test at?
thanks

laras

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All I became a citizen today. Its really taking time to sink in. Feeling excited!!! :D

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
Congrats....

laras said:
Hello All I became a citizen today. Its really taking time to sink in. Feeling excited!!! :D

Windsor_PhD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laras said:
Hi Laras,

Congrats!!
I have a quick question, do you have to take all your documents with you to the oath ceremony? Did they even check them again? Apprently it says in the oath letter to take them all!

laras

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Windsor_PhD said:
Hi Laras,

Congrats!!
I have a quick question, do you have to take all your documents with you to the oath ceremony? Did they even check them again? Apprently it says in the oath letter to take them all!
Windsor_PhD,

You only are asked for PR Card and COPR (will be returned).
I also carried all Passports, Health Card, Driving License.
Best of luck!!

Canadian4ever

Nov 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, i brought all the docs with me with me to Oath ceremony. However, they actually wanted to see the oath invite letter (signed consent form) and PR card (as it will be surrendered)

jcpyeg

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
13-12-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
28-01-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-10-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2011
LANDED..........
26-03-2011
Alberta checking in... no news is good news, I think. I'm hoping for a test invite by the end of this calendar year (2015), and likely take my Oath in spring of 2016 (usually scheduled 3~ months after taking test). I started studying for the test as soon as I got my book, but realized there's no point, as I'll likely forget everything between now and then anyways. So my plan is to resume studying once I get the test invite, probably studying at least three hours per day for the two weeks leading up to it...

No eCas changes since August 2014, and not expecting any more until the test invite, unless I get an RQ for something (hope not).

Congrats to everyone else with their quick processing times. :)

TRM2011

Star Member
Aug 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
18-09-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
04-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2013
Hi Guys...

Here is my timeline:

Application received by CIC - March 6, 2014
Started Processing - April 23, 2014
Transferred to Local office (Mississauga) - August 2014
Test date - January 30, 2015 (letter dated January 6, 2015)
Oath date - February 6, 2015

When I wrote my test in Mississauga, there were people who had applied in August 2014 who wrote the test with me. After the test, almost all of the people who wrote the test got an oath letter for the same ceremony. It was quite dramatic as to how the CIC staff revealed this news to us. The test was super easy and the CIC staff are quite nice.

For the interview, I was asked about my travel (I have quite a bit of travel due to work and family), about my general background, about my family, about all the places I have lived in my life. Since I have a lot of travel, the interviewer had to spend some time to match all the stamps to all the absences as per my application form. I had sent in some extra paperwork due to the absences and tried to make it as clear as possible in my application.

Good luck people!

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys:

It's been 5 months since my application went to 'In Process' per E-CAS. I received the Booklet on time (in September).

However I haven't received anything since then and no change in E-CAS.

Anyone here from Scarborough / Toronto East in the same situation?

I had quite a few travel in my passport - so I attached copies of pages with visas with translation where appropriate Plus I attached last 3 year's NOAs.

It seems I over did it. Kind of worried now.

mham

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Windsor_PhD said:
Hi Laras,

Congrats!!
when is your oath mine is feb 4 1:00Pm

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
Congrats TRM2011 !!!
How many days of absences did you have? What extra paperwork did you send? How did you made it as clear as possible in the application?

Thanks for sharing

TRM2011 said:
Hi Guys...

Here is my timeline:

Application received by CIC - March 6, 2014
Started Processing - April 23, 2014
Transferred to Local office (Mississauga) - August 2014
Test date - January 30, 2015 (letter dated January 6, 2015)
Oath date - February 6, 2015

When I wrote my test in Mississauga, there were people who had applied in August 2014 who wrote the test with me. After the test, almost all of the people who wrote the test got an oath letter for the same ceremony. It was quite dramatic as to how the CIC staff revealed this news to us. The test was super easy and the CIC staff are quite nice.

For the interview, I was asked about my travel (I have quite a bit of travel due to work and family), about my general background, about my family, about all the places I have lived in my life. Since I have a lot of travel, the interviewer had to spend some time to match all the stamps to all the absences as per my application form. I had sent in some extra paperwork due to the absences and tried to make it as clear as possible in my application.

Good luck people!

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
Today 1PM Oath for me and my family. :D :D :D... Happy moment...