+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb said:
I have no eCAS update. Called CIC call center and the agent told that a letter was sent on Jan-23-2015 to appear for test on Feb-09-2015 @ 8:00AM.
Agent also told me that even if I don't get letter/have any eCAS update, I should show up at the test center on 9Feb @ 8AM sharp. She also gave me the test center's address and list of documents to bring.
Waiting for eCAS update or Letter to arrive.
congraz, my friend! long time coming!!!!

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eltorpe said:
I just talked to a Call Centre agent about the second "letter line". He says there's no second letter, it's everything one would normally get when a test notice is sent but he mentioned something about some document that they normally send with the test notice that an applicant has to sign? He says if that doesn't come with the test notice then they would have me sign this when I go to the test. What is this document? Can someone shed some light please?
Congraz to Kitchener applicants!!! file looks like will be finished in 10 months, not too bad

maple64

Mar 22, 2009
eltorpe said:
Maybe I wasn't clear with my original question. I meant to ask if there were any dates on the residence calculator that did not have corresponding stamps in your passport(s)?
Yes, the stamps for which I made day trips to the border were not in the residence calculator. It was indicated in the instructions not to include same day trips in and out of the country.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
catchvb said:
I have no eCAS update. Called CIC call center and the agent told that a letter was sent on Jan-23-2015 to appear for test on Feb-09-2015 @ 8:00AM.
Agent also told me that even if I don't get letter/have any eCAS update, I should show up at the test center on 9Feb @ 8AM sharp. She also gave me the test center's address and list of documents to bring.
Waiting for eCAS update or Letter to arrive.
In my experience, don't rely too much on the e-CAS to have timely update but letter will come for sure...

Wish you all the best in your test!

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maple64 said:
Yes, the stamps for which I made day trips to the border were not in the residence calculator. It was indicated in the instructions not to include same day trips in and out of the country.
Lol. Sorry but my question is asking the complete opposite of what you are answering!

Let's try this again with an example:

Say you listed on your residence calculator dates A, B, C and D. Did you have stamps in your passport showing dates A, B, C and D?

I'm asking because I made 3 short trips (5 days or less each time) to the U.S. in my relevant 4-year period and I only have the U.S. entry stamps in my passport. I don't have any Canadian entry stamps (showing my return dates to Canada) in my passport.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eltorpe said:
Lol. Sorry but my question is asking the complete opposite of what you are answering!

Say you listed on your residence calculator dates A, B, C and D. Did you have stamps in your passport showing dates A, B, C and D?

I'm asking because I made 3 short trips (5 days or less each time) to the U.S. in my relevant 4-year period and I only have the U.S. entry stamps in my passport. I don't have any Canadian entry stamps (showing my return dates to Canada) in my passport.
Recently US border guys have stopped stamping the passport if you have a valid I-94 do not stamp your passport. They only stamp if they have to issue a new I-94. So I even miss some of entry stamp to last year.

Canada border security officer's mostly did not stamp if you are coming by car. They just scanned the PR card. I guess you have travelled by car during all your trip.. I have a lot of stamps missing. I mostly got entry stamp when I traveled by air.

kazkaz

Dec 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014
my file was transferred to local office on 23 January2015; please let me know how long it takes for test invitation?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
catchvb said:
Recently US border guys have stopped stamping the passport if you have a valid I-94 do not stamp your passport. They only stamp if they have to issue a new I-94. So I even miss some of entry stamp to last year.

Canada border security officer's mostly did not stamp if you are coming by car. They just scanned the PR card. I guess you have travelled by car during all your trip.. I have a lot of stamps missing. I mostly got entry stamp when I traveled by air.
When multiple entry i94 is issued, they just stamp it at the time of issuance of i94. They don't stamp it thereafter for land travel. I have a US visa since 2012 and they never stamped it during the land travel after its issuance.

I think CBP still stamps if you travel by air even if you have i94 issued.

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb said:

Actually, no. All my trips to the US were by air. Of the 3 trips, 2 of the trips I used the Automated Border Clearance kiosk. For the one trip that I had to see a CBSA officer on my return (because my fiance (now wife)'s PR card did not scan at the kiosk), he only scanned my PR card.

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Immigration will run CBSA report on your PR card anyways (the source of truth) since you can only have ONE PR card but you can have multiple passports!

no matter what, CBSA will know when you entered the country regardless of your passport stamps. Immigration has ran CBSA report on my passports, my pr card, and on my landing document! that is how they verify your timeline

maple64

Mar 22, 2009
eltorpe said:

The dates that are listed on my residence calculator have corresponding entry stamps, in either country, in my passport.
I am sorry I can only answer for same day trips with US entry stamp but no Canadian entry stamp.

maple64

Mar 22, 2009
Blackbook said:
Immigration will run CBSA report on your PR card anyways (the source of truth) since you can only have ONE PR card but you can have multiple passports!

no matter what, CBSA will know when you entered the country regardless of your passport stamps. Immigration has ran CBSA report on my passports, my pr card, and on my landing document! that is how they verify your timeline
Thanks Blackbook!

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
laxmikanthms said:
Desert Lion

There are 20 questions and you need to get atleast 15 correct.

You need to take

1. The invite letter
2. Passports
3. PR card
4. Landing papers
5. Drivers Licence and Health Card and any other government issues ID proof
6. All originals you submitted along with the application.

Lax
Thanks laxmikanthms

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donvalley said:
In my experience, don't rely too much on the e-CAS to have timely update but letter will come for sure...
Wish you all the best in your test!
Thank you Donvally. Received the letter by post today.It is still not updated in eCAS, but who cares once I have the letter ;D

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
Ottawa citizenship test takers
What is the address for the citizenship test? where is the office where one have his citizenship test at?
thanks