+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Desert Lion said:
I have not heard any thing yet, I did apply in June and I was told my file is not located and advised to resubmit and I resubmitted another file in September and then I was told my file of June 2014 was located.
the email confirmation came in late September (email acknowledgement), and nothing else is yet
According to the other thread with people who received email AOR, I don't think anyone has so far received test invitation after getting their files transferred to the local CIC office.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark_Anna said:
Hello Citizenship Applicant friends,
I didn't receive any test letter yet, my local office is Vancouver?
My Time Line As Under:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
catchvb said:
Man you are really desperate ;).. You have posted exactly the same message in almost on every thread. From April to December ..LOL
Don't worry you will be getting test soon. I think your local office is little slow.

Mark_Anna said:
Citizenship Applicant Friends,

Today I got my test letter too for local office Vancouver. My time line is as under:

Application received for citizenship grant on 22nd April 2014

Started processing application on 27th June 2014

Citizenship test @ Vancouver office on 19th February 2015

Oath taking date: ?????? ???????
Lol so now are you happy my friend :). Congrats and all the best for test.

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
My file was not transferred to any office, the last communication was the email confirmation (AOR), and every time I need to check the updates of my status with the ECAS, nothing comes.
How I can verify my file status without contacting the CIC over the phone as they themselves do not know any thing and cannot access my file other than saying that my file in progress.
cheers

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
Just finished call to the CIC, the agent this time is very professional, when I called yesterday, the agent did not tell me the details, she told me that my file is in process, but the agent was very specific, he told me all the verifications are finished, and my file will be transferred to the Ottawa office and they will invite me for the test.

Segalesh

Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Desert Lion said:
Just finished call to the CIC, the agent this time is very professional, when I called yesterday, the agent did not tell me the details, she told me that my file is in process, but the agent was very specific, he told me all the verifications are finished, and my file will be transferred to the Ottawa office and they will invite me for the test.

that means, when file is transferred to local office, all verification have been done? and there is not any verification there? Do you know which office ask for RQ? local or Sydney?

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Desert Lion said:
I hope that is true. Don't want to discourage you ..but do not trust them. I heard this twice in my case that everything is done ..completed you will get test.(I did not have eCAS access that time).

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
catchvb said:
I hope that is true. Don't want to discourage you ..but do not trust them. I heard this twice in my case that everything is done ..completed you will get test.(I did not have eCAS access that time).
I think that is true, why they lie to us, the system is very slow but they transfer the file and it will take its time, and I know people whose files were transferred to Ottawa's office beginning of December 2014 and yet they did not hear any thing.

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
Segalesh said:
that means, when file is transferred to local office, all verification have been done? and there is not any verification there? Do you know which office ask for RQ? local or Sydney?
It is Ottawa office, the RQ can be asked any time during the process, and I know people were asked RQ after their citizenship test.

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
email2kale said:
Hi - This question is for those who have received passports:

Does the passport office give us any tracking # while we receive the passport? Does it come into a mailbox using CanadaPost or through a courier?

What is turn around to receive passports under normal of normal processing?

I have applied for passport through one of the passport offices under normal processing and have told me that I would received in a mail. Receipt mentions mail-out-date exactly 10 day from applied date. Just curious to know about above questions. Appreciate if any of us had any prior experience. Thanks
Today, I have received our passports through Canada Post xpresspost service(signature required). I had done under normal processing and it took 5 business days to receive. Now I feel Canadian ;)

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
email2kale said:
Today, I have received our passports through Canada Post xpresspost service(signature required). I had done under normal processing and it took 5 business days to receive. Now I feel Canadian ;)
So after oath and receiving your certificate you did not feel Canadian? ;D
Ok I'm going to apply for passport then cause I need to fell Canadian. In what location did you apply? did they call your guarantor or references?
There is a form to fill out if you do not need your place of birth to be included in your passport ... was wondering if anybody ever used it?

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
Goldline said:
Ok I'm going to apply for passport then cause I need to fell Canadian. In what location did you apply? did they call your guarantor or references?
There is a form to fill out if you do not need your place of birth to be included in your passport ... was wondering if anybody ever used it?
hahaha..

I applied @ Mississauga Passport Office. Not sure and I did not hear anything from my guarantor as well regarding call. And regarding place of birth, no I was not aware of it... but, thats OK.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Goldline said:
Beware with not wanting your place of birth to appear on your passport. Read this (scroll down to Place of Birth): http://passport.gc.ca/info/section1.aspx?lang=eng.

mham

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everyone

i have an important question i had my oath letter but it says the ceremony is at 1:00Pm but when i checked the cic web site there are ceremony at 10:00Am and 3:00Pm

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
My Ecase updated.
File transferred to local office. ;D

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
kumbu.bumbu said:
My Ecase updated.
File transferred to local office. ;D
Congrats kumbu.bumbu, do you have any idea when you will be called for the citizenship test?. I know some one who his file transferred on December 9, 2014 and until 23 January 2015 he did not hear any thing.
My file when I called, I was told that it is completed verifications and will be transferred to Ottawa centre (in transit)