+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

injuredcold

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TGIF gang!
No update for another week, sit tight and we shall receive more good news very soon!

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
injuredcold said:
TGIF gang!
No update for another week, sit tight and we shall receive more good news very soon!
Enjoy your coffee, gd news will come soon. Have a gd weekend, guys

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
51smoker said:
great news,
Have you received email confirmation before?
Looks like they sort application based on regions? Quite some Markham applicants are in the same boat of receiving email AORs.
Maybe they are trying to pilot the new process in some regions?

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
I have got AOR along with the Book in postal mail yesterday. How long would it take to move to next step considering the application is complete?

Application Sent - 27 May 2014
Application Received - 02 Jun 2014
Process Started - 25 Aug 2014
Processing Office - Sydney
AOR Received - 18 Sep 2014
Local Office - Mississauga (Expected. Based on my address)

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sapguru said:
I have got AOR along with the Book in postal mail yesterday. How long would it take to move to next step considering the application is complete?

Application Sent - 27 May 2014
Application Received - 02 Jun 2014
Process Started - 25 Aug 2014
Processing Office - Sydney
AOR Received - 18 Sep 2014
Local Office - Mississauga (Expected. Based on my address)
+/-2 more months and you will hear something about the test. We seem to have almost same timeline.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fanboy said:
Looks like they sort application based on regions? Quite some Markham applicants are in the same boat of receiving email AORs.
Maybe they are trying to pilot the new process in some regions?
Probably just the new process. I'm from Montreal and also got email AOR.
They explain to me this is the new process and they will not send a letter AOR to me any more.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Goldline said:
+/-2 more months and you will hear something about the test. We seem to have almost same timeline.
Thanks! That is pretty fast as compared what I heard earlier. I guess they are actively working to create more "Happy" voters for next year Federal Elections. ;)

Timha

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC today, the lady explained to me that my file is still in Sidney, she explained to me that it will be transferred to Montreal only when they complete their work. I asked her if they are doing the security check, she answered that unfortunately she can’t share this with me 8) .

AJ_002

Sep 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask if you are supposed to bring all your original educational transcripts with you for citizenship interview. Do they require that?

tstarks

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
Doc's Request.
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
16-01-2011
Interview........
10-12-2012
AJ_002 said:
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask if you are supposed to bring all your original educational transcripts with you for citizenship interview. Do they require that?
You should have your original degree and a copy of your transcripts if you used that for proof of language competency.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Timha said:
I called CIC today, the lady explained to me that my file is still in Sidney, she explained to me that it will be transferred to Montreal only when they complete their work. I asked her if they are doing the security check, she answered that unfortunately she can't share this with me 8) .
also montreal applicant.
my file is still with sydney too. agent said my file has not been assigned to an officer yet.
good luck buddy.

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
also montreal applicant.
my file is still with sydney too. agent said my file has not been assigned to an officer yet.
good luck buddy.
Does it mean it's not in process?
can u access ecas now?

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fanboy said:
Does it mean it's not in process?
can u access ecas now?
What she said was "it is considered I process but I cannot verify if it has been assigned to an officer"
No i cannot see anything on ecas. .. might need a few more weeks?

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
I'm not sure about the ecas part.
I received my email confirmation on Aug 26, my application package was received on June 23.
so, after 20+ days since I got the email confirmation, I still don't have access to ecas. I don't think they'll update ecas for those app who get email confirmation.
jrjayl said:
What she said was "it is considered I process but I cannot verify if it has been assigned to an officer"
No i cannot see anything on ecas. .. might need a few more weeks?

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
51smoker said:
I'm not sure about the ecas part.
I received my email confirmation on Aug 26, my application package was received on June 23.
so, after 20+ days since I got the email confirmation, I still don't have access to ecas. I don't think they'll update ecas for those app who get email confirmation.
the cic personnel told me my application is considered in the "new application processing routine" so will be a bit different than it was before.
basically I won't receive a physical letter of AOR, where the email is for that purpose. I also asked if I will see ECAS at some point. "Yes at some point you should have access to it", she said.