+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
i have two question guys, my postal code is wrong in my e-case, should i contact them for my address or update it on line? also my middle name has one syllable on line but it consists of two, should i leave it as they use the first and last name in their papers or call them?
thanks
my man, i think u can call them about these problems.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i updated my address last night. for my name i realized that it is the same as the landing paper. thanks for replying.

u4g5 said:
my man, i think u can call them about these problems.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
i updated my address last night. for my name i realized that it is the same as the landing paper. thanks for replying.
Hopefully I can see my ecas next weekend

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My ecas shows misspelling (one letter) of my first name - however this was also the case when I renewed my PR Card (the completion status of previous application / PR card reneweal) is still there. My PR Card came with the correct name though.

ronin47

Jun 16, 2014
i got my ECAS activated, too! ;D

But the only trouble is it says my application was received on June 16, but I know for sure that Purolator delivered my application on the 11th. I have the signature proof. I am puzzled. Is this possible? What do you guys think? Is it just a system/typing glitch or did CIC get too many applications around that time ( BillC-24) and didn't even acknowledge them until a couple of days later?

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it is raining AORS hahahaha :D. congrats !!! in your case i would just forget about it. 11 or 16 that is fine as long as you have an active e-case :)

ronin47 said:
i got my ECAS activated, too! ;D

But the only trouble is it says my application was received on June 16, but I know for sure that Purolator delivered my application on the 11th. I have the signature proof. I am puzzled. Is this possible? What do you guys think? Is it just a system/typing glitch or did CIC get too many applications around that time ( BillC-24) and didn't even acknowledge them until a couple of days later?

ronin47

Jun 16, 2014
True that. I guess ECAS can't be trusted that much. Congrats for you and every one else!.

om saif said:
it is raining AORS hahahaha :D. congrats !!! in your case i would just forget about it. 11 or 16 that is fine as long as you have an active e-case :)

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks!!! i think by next weekend most of June applicants will have their e-case active. CIC is moving faster toward finishing the backlog. i wish all of us has the the letter before the end of this month.

ronin47

Jun 16, 2014
is the letter very important? Isn't it just an acknowledgement letter that our application is in process now? I am from Calgary, now I just have to wait forever…..haha, I don't know, a year and a half or two. :(

manisonu

Jun 11, 2014
Hello
Any body knows the new rules how can I count days when I came here and starting the year I have to stayed canada 183 days regularly in 4 years and any of 4 years out of six years

ronin47

Jun 16, 2014
The new rule 4 years out of 6 years hasn't started yet. We don't know when the new rule will become applicable, but for now, the same old, 3 out of 4 years is applied. Go look up Residence Calculator under CIC citizenship application website. Then, just go back 4 years from now and input that date in the residence calculator, then include ALL your absences, and then let the calculator calculate and it will give you a date by which you will be eligible to apply. Also put in the date you became a PR, because right now, pre-PR days are considered, though at the ratio of 2 days to 1 day.

manisonu said:
Hello
Any body knows the new rules how can I count days when I came here and starting the year I have to stayed canada 183 days regularly in 4 years and any of 4 years out of six years

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now that many of us in the June Applicants have seen their ECAS activated, it is waiting time now to receive Booklet / AOr by mail / Test date etc. Anybody knows how long it is taking now since ECAS shows 'In Process' for any further action?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ronin47 said:
is the letter very important? Isn't it just an acknowledgement letter that our application is in process now? I am from Calgary, now I just have to wait forever.....haha, I don't know, a year and a half or two. :(
When did they start processing your case?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
thanks!!! i think by next weekend most of June applicants will have their e-case active. CIC is moving faster toward finishing the backlog. i wish all of us has the the letter before the end of this month.
Let's all hope so