+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mham said:
my trip is almost end i did perfect in the exam (me and my wife ) i got 20/20 and my wife got 18/20 th we intervied by an officer for almost an hour because i have many absent out side the country but overall she was very nice and the good thing that i had the oth letter at the same time and it will be in feb 4

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
CONGRAZ!! guess u r the first juner who is graduating in Feb/2015!!!!
Winsor is giving away oath right after test now, what a great progress!!!!!

mham

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks it is great progress hope all juner will!have the test soon

injuredcold

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congtrats buddy!
Enjoy the ceremony :)

mham said:
my trip is almost end i did perfect in the exam (me and my wife ) i got 20/20 and my wife got 18/20 th we intervied by an officer for almost an hour because i have many absent out side the country but overall she was very nice and the good thing that i had the oth letter at the same time and it will be in feb 4

injuredcold

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I recommend reading the book thoroughly once, if not twice or more. You will feel good having learned something about your country.
Then there are a lot of online resources that you can use to practice.
I used apnatoronto and richmond hill library's sample tests.

Best of luck!

kazkaz said:
What would be the test format, MCQs?
and can we prepare from any website like apnatoronto.com other that the book?

Jun 16, 2011
Hi. I'm in a confusing situation. My husband and I sent application on June 18 (ECAS shows received on June 23, 2014). Received email confirmation on September 15, 2014. In process - December 2, 2014 and file transfered to Scarborough office on December 8, 2014.

My problem is, my spouse has less than 1095 days because his employer needs him to travel frequently abroad. This will always be the case due to nature of his job. We received RQ for him dates December 2, 2014, and they received all our supporting documents on January 13, 2015.

What happens from here given he has less than 1095 days (I have more)? How much does this delay things, and how does the new process work with citizenship judge? I am very confused and any guidance will be appreciated.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
averagetraveler said:
Hi. I'm in a confusing situation. My husband and I sent application on June 18 (ECAS shows received on June 23, 2014). Received email confirmation on September 15, 2014. In process - December 2, 2014 and file transfered to Scarborough office on December 8, 2014.

My problem is, my spouse has less than 1095 days because his employer needs him to travel frequently abroad. This will always be the case due to nature of his job. We received RQ for him dates December 2, 2014, and they received all our supporting documents on January 13, 2015.

What happens from here given he has less than 1095 days (I have more)? How much does this delay things, and how does the new process work with citizenship judge? I am very confused and any guidance will be appreciated.
if hes ineligible to apply for citizenship, his case will be directed to a citizenship judge hearing which will delay the process for 2 years. however, is it gonna affect your own case negatively, that will wait to be seem.

Jun 16, 2011
u4g5 said:
if hes ineligible to apply for citizenship, his case will be directed to a citizenship judge hearing which will delay the process for 2 years. however, is it gonna affect your own case negatively, that will wait to be seem.
Thanks u4g5. Very sad to hear that it will still take that long. Can't be avoided I suppose because of my spouse's profession.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
averagetraveler said:
Thanks u4g5. Very sad to hear that it will still take that long. Can't be avoided I suppose because of my spouse's profession.
for now all u can do is to wait and see. u done your job responding RQ request in 2 weeks. maybe it wont take this long cuz GTA is faster than the rest of Canada.
gd luck

Timha

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all congratulation. My case is similar to yours, I have many absence periods and I'm expecting that the officer will ask me many questions.
Can you please share with me what a kind of document you presented and some of the questions he asked you?
Thank you

mham said:

sanacast

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!

How many Juners with Application in Process still waiting for Test Invites?

My ecas status is in process since August 11th and I haven't got any news since then. Should I call CIC ? or should I be patient and wait ?

Thanks

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Timha said:
First of all congratulation. My case is similar to yours, I have many absence periods and I'm expecting that the officer will ask me many questions.
Can you please share with me what a kind of document you presented and some of the questions he asked you?
Thank you
ready to do test and oath the same day???

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
I did my test today in scarborough.....it was very easy......The interview was quite comfortable....the interviewer told me withing 4 to 5 weeks I need to come for the oath......while coming out the Security / Front Desk person spoke and he wishes for clearing the test and he told it will easily take 3 months for the oath at that center.....:-( .....I am hoping for the person who interviewed us must be correct...fingers crossed.....

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laxmikanthms said:
I did my test today in scarborough.....it was very easy......The interview was quite comfortable....the interviewer told me withing 4 to 5 weeks I need to come for the oath......while coming out the Security / Front Desk person spoke and he wishes for clearing the test and he told it will easily take 3 months for the oath at that center.....:-( .....I am hoping for the person who interviewed us must be correct...fingers crossed.....
Oath letter will come within 4 weeks. by next month u r a proud canadian

mham

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Timha said:
Thank you
first of all thanks alot

for the interview i just have the last 4 year passport from the day of application the test letter and PR cards landed paper thats it .

she check my wife first and checked her passport page by page looking only for any stamp during the 4 years and she ask her what she is doing in her life and what is her plan for the future

for me she ask me more question why didn't stay in Canada after i first landed my answer was simple because i have work and a contract with the company and she checked my passport and then she star ask about m daughter

overall she was very nice the interview last for almost an hour but at least i have the oath letter with me which is great

thanks

Timha

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Mham ;)

mham said:
first of all thanks alot

for the interview i just have the last 4 year passport from the day of application the test letter and PR cards landed paper thats it .

she check my wife first and checked her passport page by page looking only for any stamp during the 4 years and she ask her what she is doing in her life and what is her plan for the future

for me she ask me more question why didn't stay in Canada after i first landed my answer was simple because i have work and a contract with the company and she checked my passport and then she star ask about m daughter

overall she was very nice the interview last for almost an hour but at least i have the oath letter with me which is great

thanks