+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lets hope for some gd news this week!
GTA dec test taker should either take oath or receive notice to take oath soon, come back to share your experience and close this chapter in life,

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immigrant2008 said:
Any one here has any idea how long does it take from the time they transfer the files to local offices and test date?
Around 2 to 3 months but there is no rule it depends.

mham

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i just revive the test invitation guys it dated in Jan 12 at 1 PM Windsor office after 7 month of waiting waaaaw

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mham said:
i just revive the test invitation guys it dated in Jan 12 at 1 PM Windsor office after 7 month of waiting waaaaw
awesome, great start for 2015! if u check ECAS u might be able to see when the file transferred to local office.
gd luck next week!

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mham said:
no ecase update at all
E case is just a joke. I took the test about 3 weeks ago and it still says "in process".
The only benefit it has is that you know for sure they received your application. After that it's useless.

injuredcold

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
+1
True that!

Goldline said:
E case is just a joke. I took the test about 3 weeks ago and it still says "in process".
The only benefit it has is that you know for sure they received your application. After that it's useless.

sanacast

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happy New Year Juners!

Any Tuesday news ecas updates, test invites, etc ?

Thanks

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
I will not say completely useless but yes a black box. They could add few steps like.. Criminal Check Done/Not Done, Educational Verification Done/Not done, travel history (done/not done) etc.. that way applicant will have a better understanding what is going on. Less ATIP request and less calls also more transparency.

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
no news.
your app got processed so fast, mine ecas is still showing received.
sanacast said:
Happy New Year Juners!

Any Tuesday news ecas updates, test invites, etc ?

Thanks

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
51smoker said:
no news.
your app got processed so fast, mine ecas is still showing received.
Don't worry my friend . You are next and thankfully your local office processes very fast. In few weeks time you will see that it has been transferred to local office and a test invite.

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
Hi All - We had our test today and passed with perfect score. Immediately after the exam, verified all our documents and handed us letter for oath taking ceremony on 16th January. Quite happy now. Best wishes for all of you.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
email2kale said:
Hi All - We had our test today and passed with perfect score. Immediately after the exam, verified all our documents and handed us letter for oath taking ceremony on 16th January. Quite happy now. Best wishes for all of you.
big congraz, and update ur signature pls. journey is almost over

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  • HI all,

An interesting conversation took place in the lunch room at work today.

Re: Fingerprint requests which one of my colleagues shared that he had received, in association with his application. he was expressing concerns as to why...

Needless to say as I work in a contact centre with quiet a few immigrants, there were a few opinions as to why this would happen.

Some of them seemed valid but there was mention of a peculiar possibility that I never heard of before
    See below:

• A criminal past which came up during background check
    (Seems like a ligit reason)
    • Client profile which had more than a 50% match on RCMP data with some one sharing similar profile info
    (Again seems ligit)
    • Client does not yet have a finger print yet in CIC or RCMP Data Base and one needs to be obtained for security reasons
    (This struck me as a odd reason to request a fingerprint)

I decided I would ask for opinions as to the 3RD option
My colleague who made this suggestion stated that laws are now changed and; if CIC or RCMP never had your fingerprint before everyone will need to provide a copy to safe-guard canadian borders; in the event someone tries to use your Canadian passport to gain access to Canada.
Has anyone heard this before ? or is this just someone trying to be a know it all?

If this is true then all inland PR applicants may be exempted from FPR, which would also mean all outland applicants could expect to get finger printed then?

Opinions would be appreciated, it would offer insight to those of us still waiting.