+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
Guys, when you call CIC, what questions do you really ask to have this kind of detailed information about your file?
Thanks
1. Where's my file? Has it been transferred to the local office yet?
2. If YES to Q1: When was it transferred? What's my local office?
3. If NO to Q1: Have my background checks been completed/started yet? :)

LFer

Star Member
Jul 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
Guys, when you call CIC, what questions do you really ask to have this kind of detailed information about your file?
Thanks
It really depends on the agent my friend... If they're nice and in a good mood they will tell you by themselves, and if they're not then even if you ask they'll give you the same robotic answer "It takes 24 months on average so it's too early to ask".

laika

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I call the CIC office to let them to know I was traveling out of the country (in case I get test invite).

He mentioned my file has been transferred to the MOntreal office on September 23th, and background checks are done.

They received my application June 20th….

Fingers crossed!

djsunman

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LFer said:
It really depends on the agent my friend... If they're nice and in a good mood they will tell you by themselves, and if they're not then even if you ask they'll give you the same robotic answer "It takes 24 months on average so it's too early to ask".
@lfer, I have exactly the same experience

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what happened to the e-case today. it does not work. i wish to be re-activated with a test invite 8)

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello,
it did work but when i used different access number it worked.
thanks

sanacast said:
Hi @ om saif, it does!, What do you mean it doesn't work?

Thanks

PN Roy

Mar 22, 2011
My 3 years for Canadian citizenship application will be completed in next month (Dec 26, 2014). But I spent 1 month and 10 days in Bangladesh. So how many days more i have to stay for applying Canadian citizenship application. I will be pleased if somebody give answer.

ROY

bnkcitizen

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PN Roy said:
My 3 years for Canadian citizenship application will be completed in next month (Dec 26, 2014). But I spent 1 month and 10 days in Bangladesh. So how many days more i have to stay for applying Canadian citizenship application. I will be pleased if somebody give answer.

ROY
ROY,

you can use the residency calculator which will give you when you will be eligible for applying citizenship. use the below link
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PN Roy said:

ROY
Dec 26, 2014 + I month and 10 days =Feb 6, 2015 more or less.
Use the r. calculator to have the exact date.

sanacast

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
i thought that my e-case will carry some good news today but i was wrong :(
I remember someone in this forum stated that the ecas get updated regularly on Sundays around 7:00pm, so we might have to wait for another 5 hours to see an update and hopefully good news.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i usually see updates early morning. let's hope to have something tonight.

sanacast said:
I remember someone in this forum stated that the ecas get updated regularly on Sundays around 7:00pm, so we might have to wait for another 5 hours to see an update and hopefully good news.