pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bnkcitizen said:
I am also with you too many dates and names to remember
If you do the online practice tests, specifically the ones sponsored by CIC (e.g. http://citizenshipcounts.ca/), you will realize the number of questions requiring knowledge of dates is quite low. Some of the main dates in the practice tests (that I can remember) are 1497, 1604, 1814, 1849, 1867, 1982, 1999. You'll be fine, don't stress :)

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djsunman said:
There you go my friends
hmmm I think the members of this forum who are currently studying for the test would benefit even more if you had enclosed the information from which site you lifted this. :p So, for those of you who don't know it's taken from the training panel on http://www.citizenshipsupport.ca/ The thing is the citizenshipsupport package costs 29 bucks, but...it comes with hundreds of study questions and study/training panel on history and politics (federal and provincial). We used it to prepare for the test, and it was... completely sufficient. :D Another great resource is http://citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz :) You can register for free and have access to flashcards and practice tests! :D It is also available on Android (iOS version is bugged).

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aed said:
hmmm I think the members of this forum who are currently studying for the test would benefit even more if you had enclosed the information from which site you lifted this. :p So, for those of you who don't know it's taken from the training panel on http://www.citizenshipsupport.ca/ The thing is the citizenshipsupport package costs 29 bucks, but...it comes with hundreds of study questions and study/training panel on history and politics (federal and provincial). We used it to prepare for the test, and it was... completely sufficient. :D Another great resource is http://citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz :) You can register for free and have access to flashcards and practice tests! :D It is also available on Android (iOS version is bugged).
My personal opinion is that given the Discover Canada book and "trusted" free online resources (Citizenship Counts, Richmond Public Library), there is absolutely no need to pay for any learning materials to study for the test. Maybe they do help to speed up study for the test and give a greater amount of confidence, but prepare well with what is freely available and you shouldn't have any problems.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pedros said:
My personal opinion is that given the Discover Canada book and "trusted" free online resources (Citizenship Counts, Richmond Public Library), there is absolutely no need to pay for any learning materials to study for the test. Maybe they do help to speed up study for the test and give a greater amount of confidence, but prepare well with what is freely available and you shouldn't have any problems.
Yes, Pedros, but I think you missed my point. One doesn't have to pay for it, but one shouldn't distribute proprietary work either. Now, I did use both paid and free sources. Here's my advice (feel free to ignore it :p), in some of the free sources the provincial politicians names were wrong though the tests were updated in November! Also, some of the answers weren't in agreement with the updated version of the booklet Discover Canada. That's the reason I did not post the links for those sites (you can find them on the forum though). The free source I posted is based on the Richmond Library questions database and was created in collaboration with CIC. :)

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, I wasn't actually answering to your point. I just thought it was a good opportunity to voice my own personal opinion about paying for study materials, but I didn't make that clear :). I completely agree with what your are saying about distributing proprietary work of others.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pedros said:
Sorry, I wasn't actually answering to your point. I just thought it was a good opportunity to voice my own personal opinion about paying for study materials, but I didn't make that clear :). I completely agree with what your are saying about distributing proprietary work of others.
;D No problem. I loved the Beaver flashcards on my phone! :D

SiKa

Sep 7, 2014
I have my test this Monday, but don't have the actual letter.. Any idea what the proper step is to take? All I wanna know is what to bring and where exactly I should go.. (if office is Mississauga, more likely, is there a fixed address for test ..)

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SiKa said:
I have my test this Monday, but don't have the actual letter.. Any idea what the proper step is to take? All I wanna know is what to bring and where exactly I should go.. (if office is Mississauga, more likely, is there a fixed address for test ..)
You need to call CIC as they mail a form that you need to sign (Prohibitions under Citizenship Act) again. They will want it from you. You need all your passports (including renewal pages if you have any), 2 pieces of ID that you used in your application and the PR card. You should take the originals of the docs you sent to CIC as well (language proof etc.), though they didn't want to see them when we were interviewed. The address you can find on the CIC site or on this forum.

Kitsilano

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sure that this week some of us will get our oath dates.
Probably Thursday night before 11.pm.

sanacast

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kitsilano said:
I am sure that this week some of us will get our oath dates.
Probably Thursday night before 11.pm.
Hi Kitsilano,

Oath dates or invitations dates? Any particular reason it will be around Thursday night before 11:00pm ? is there a pattern that I am not seeing ?

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am waiting to Sunday update or the brown envelop. everyday i look inside my mail box curiously and if i found all of them white color, i get mad :D :D